• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Nearly out of lenses, so had to get some more:

f20a79a6.jpg

Prescription is slightly stronger than my old ones, but the difference is barely noticeable.

Auron_Kale said:
Nearly out of lenses, so had to get some more:

f20a79a6.jpg

Prescription is slightly stronger than my old ones, but the difference is barely noticeable.

and to think that here we sell them in boxes of thirty lens D:

lolez2matt said:
and to think that here we sell them in boxes of thirty lens D:
Got them straight from my optometrist and it was a better deal to buy the 90 pack ($70) over the 30 pack ($35).

I don't wear my lenses every day, so they'll last me for a good while.

LiK

ToyBroker said:
The Witcher 2 CE is cool and all....but did you guys see how EXPENSIVE it is?

It's outrageously priced.

yea, expensive but it has way more stuff than CoD Prestige bundles and it's actually limited.

djdac

I loved Otomedius G, but I'm just not feeling this one so far. Maybe it'll grow on me after playing it some more.

5718086206_bde853e475_z.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
djdac said:
I loved Otomedius G, but I'm just not feeling this one so far. Maybe it'll grow on me after playing it some more.

5718086206_bde853e475_z.jpg
I knew they were lolis... but they look fat on this cover! Looks like Muchi Muchi Pork ><

NEO0MJ

Felt like going through a few RPGs. Usually I only play one RPG a year but I'll make an exception this year.

maypurch.jpg

(note to self, find a better background)

oblo said:
Odin Sphere

Fun game. I only just beat it about a month ago. Combat is highly entertaining, and the cooking/alchemy elements add a fun twist to item management. Hope you like it. : )

vRFUL.png

I'm very happy with Muramasa The Demon Blade's released soundtrack, but the case got a little damaged in the mail, so two of the three discs can't click into the case anymore. No worries though since I can just get a replacement case sometime.

ZZET1.png

I wanted a movie poster to liven up my room, so I went with my favorite Pixar film! I love the vibrant colors in Ratatouille, and by extension, this poster.

A bunch of thrifting stuff.

Tabletop Pac Man - $19.99
PS2- $39.99 (I only got this becasue Amazon had a trade-in value of $200 for these the other day. I was able to lock in the TIV at that price so I'm hoping it works out in my favor. We'll see.)
Alpha Protocol - $4.99 (hope it's fun...)
Cyber Sled Longbox - $4 (Icouldn't really find a value on this version. If anyone knows please let me know.)
Super Metroid - $3.99
Contra Force $2.99

IMG_1899.jpg

It always amazes me the value of some things at the Goodwill. This Wall-E toy was $5.99. Apparently it's a bit rare and can fetch up to $80.
IMG_1900.jpg

Some books. The blue book is one I'm having a hard time valuing. The only one I could find was on Amazon for $300 so hopefully that isn't overvalued.
IMG_1901.jpg

The one DC book had this dudes business card in it. Kind of funny
IMG_1902.jpg

The Complete Far Side- $49.99 (I'm not sure if I want to sell it or keep it.)
IMG_1903.jpg

And finally, it's all mine!
IMG_1904.jpg

mintylurb

My pickups so far..
Gaming master piece!!
that's what i heard! haven't played it yet ;0
2rokfx3.jpg

Stupid teepo didn't get this..;/
2mlpgz.jpg

I can play as dreamy Stefen Edberg!
27zd6d4.jpg

tearsofash

Alpha Mission II, Samurai Spirits 5, and another controller.

Psychic Force 2012 (Dreamcast), Night Trap (sega CD), Mansion of Hidden Souls (sega CD)

Pride

moop2000 said:
A bunch of thrifting stuff.

Tabletop Pac Man - $19.99
PS2- $39.99 (I only got this becasue Amazon had a trade-in value of $200 for these the other day. I was able to lock in the TIV at that price so I'm hoping it works out in my favor. We'll see.)
Alpha Protocol - $4.99 (hope it's fun...)
Cyber Sled Longbox - $4 (Icouldn't really find a value on this version. If anyone knows please let me know.)
Super Metroid - $3.99
Contra Force $2.99

IMG_1899.jpg

Nice pick up on the Tabletop Pac Man for $19.99! I have been trying to put together a collection of these (Pac Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong, etc.) for a little bit but the best price I've seen for working units is ~$75 on eBay.

feel

Not from May, but just some of the stuff I've purchased the past few months and I'm only unwrapping today* because I've been a bit too busy lately.

*Except for the (barely visible) phone, which I've been using for a few days now.

LiK

Octorockin' said:
vRFUL.png

I'm very happy with Muramasa The Demon Blade's released soundtrack, but the case got a little damaged in the mail, so two of the three discs can't click into the case anymore. No worries though since I can just get a replacement case sometime.

nice, the soundtrack uses the tentacle monster artwork from PLAY mag. gonna grab that ^.^

TxdoHawk

IMG_0475.jpg

Pictures of the boxes for obvious reasons. :) (Forgive the terrible lighting in my room...after dropping way too much on DSLR stuff I really need to go grab another $7 Ikea lamp.)

TxdoHawk said:
Pictures of the boxes for obvious reasons. :) (Forgive the terrible lighting in my room...after dropping way too much on DSLR stuff I really need to go grab another $7 Ikea lamp.)
Congrats! I never realized how dark my room was until I started taking pictures with my DSLR.

entremet

CoachKevin said:
First batch of Dreamcast came in. Very happy to have a sealed copy of JSR with the soundtrack CD!

dcgames1.jpg

dcgames2.jpg
Building quite the collection there. I remember your NES game hauls.

I sometimes toy with the idea of rebuying my old stuff and stuff I missed out on. Nothing beats playing consoles games in their original hardware--emulators and VC, while competent just aren't the same.

I just don't have space for a secondary setup.

DominoKid

second one got a little too out there w/ dumb distractions for me.

first one was simple and perfect. awesome 1v1 arena combat.

Jaroof said:
...and the second one.
Both are really great.
I am picking up both, just trying to find them at a reasonable price.

Before this haul I had about 25 DC games I have kept over the last 10 years or so. I am just realizing that it is my favorite console, and in terms of quality, it may have the best library of any console. Just from the most random of shit like D2 (which I can't wait to try!) and illbleed to the classics like Soul Calibur and (yes I am going to say it) Shenmue.

Manp

so... a new mouse for my desktop:

- Logitech G9x

a bluetooth mouse for my notebook with a tiny USB bluetooth adapter

- Logitech V470
- Sitecom CN-516

and a fucking repair bill for my fucking car!!!

that reads 995€!!

had to change the entire front radiator fan and it's motor because a fucking piece of rubber (probably from a truck tire or something) got stuck in there and the damn thing blew up!! CRAP!
car is a Mini Cooper S btw...

Top Bottom