• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Often imitated... Never duplicated....

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

350tfuq.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Sorry I'm late with this thread guys!

Here's what I got in APRIL!

5619954934_4d2fd4cd9f_b.jpg

5663867088_0437277eef_b.jpg

Yes Boss!

Wow, may already. Totally forgot.

Best pickup last month was spending a week in Poland for my job doing some crazy, cool, mindblowing things. And, another country to add to my list.

Looking forward to may and the Big Cave Release.

This morning picked up the week's XBLA titles. Trouble Witches is insanely packed with modes and characters. Gorgeous, too. Total surprise for $10. Nin2-Jump is fun for what it is...kinda bitzy, though:

d8bcbbce.jpg

Posted it in the other thread but since it was the last day here:

226476_10150166303031646_685251645_7282569_6689339_n.jpg

Loving it so far. Just finished Chapter 3. Things are getting interesting. Sucks I had to pay $40+ to import, but I guess it was worth it since it is in English.

Expecting Yakuza 4 soon...however the person I bought it from took too long to send it out and it still wasn't here by the 30th. A bit ridiculous. I mail shit out all the time via US mail and it gets there within 3 days.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
3vZ46.jpg
ipfFv.jpg
7gBPk.jpg
HYtPI.jpg

NoNEp.jpg
Ctprc.jpg

MaJVm.jpg
9kJjM.jpg

Picked up a bunch of movies during Blockbuster's store closing sale. I've had them for awhile, but didn't post until i got my replacement cases. I think i started with 3 blu rays to having about 30 now. Got a bunch of them for like 6 bucks and some change.

Also picked up:

Vanquish
Mortal Kombat
Portal 2
Yakuza 3

and about 40 replacement bluray cases from Meritline to replace the ugly dvd cases Blockbuster stored their blurays in. Overall the generic bluray cases are pretty nice although slightly different than the standard bluray cases. i got 10 double sided ones and 30 single sided ones for 18 bucks shipped. Can't complain.

Also sorry for the long wall of pictures. First post in these threads and not sure if their is a limit to how many pictures per post.

isny

napkin dispenser
AwesomeSauce said:
and about 40 replacement bluray cases from Meritline to replace the ugly dvd cases Blockbuster stored their blurays in. Overall the generic bluray cases are pretty nice although slightly different than the standard bluray cases.

You got those too huh? I bought some last year, and while quality wise they're disappointing, they're slightly slimmer, so they do save a lot of space. (Especially when replacing those huge UK Blu Ray cases with one of these slim ones)

edit: If you don't like slipcovers, don't throw that Toy Story 3 one out, as you snagged the very rare Studio Commemorative edition which was only given to crew who worked on the film (It's not worth much more, but it's extremely rare and only a handful have ever show up on ebay)

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
isny said:
You got those too huh? I bought some last year, and while quality wise they're disappointing, they're slightly slimmer, so they do save a lot of space. (Especially when replacing those huge UK Blu Ray cases with one of these slim ones)

Yeah the quality is decent. They don't snap close as nice as stock cases, but honestly i think they're better than the eco friendly cases. The double disc cases are nicer and more true to the viva elite cases so there's that. It was really the best deal i could find at the moment. I really just wanted to get rid of those hideous blockbuster dvd cases on my shelf. Also i got 40 of them for 18$ shipped and it arrived to me in 3 days. I would buy them again if i had to, but i know there are ocd people who will buy the cases that each studio uses and tracking that was too much of a hassle for me.

Edit: I like slipcovers, but 90% of the movies you see there came from Blockbuster and were in ugly dvd cases.

isny

napkin dispenser
AwesomeSauce said:
Yeah the quality is decent. They don't snap close as nice as stock cases, but honestly i think they're better than the eco friendly cases. The double disc cases are nicer and more true to the viva elite cases so there's that. It was really the best deal i could find at the moment. I really just wanted to get rid of those hideous blockbuster dvd cases on my shelf. Also i got 40 of them for 18$ shipped and it arrived to me in 3 days. I would buy them again if i had to, but i know there are ocd people who will buy the cases that each studio uses and tracking that was too much of a hassle for me.

Edit: I like slipcovers, but 90% of the movies you see there came from Blockbuster and were in ugly dvd cases.

Of course, I was just commenting on that title in particular, as lots of people just toss their slipcovers, and I wanted to be sure that if you were indeed one of those people that you would think twice due to the rarity of that title. (It was probably traded in, as they were never sold to the public, only given away to Disney/Pixar employees)

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
isny said:
Of course, I was just commenting on that title in particular, as lots of people just toss their slipcovers, and I wanted to be sure that if you were indeed one of those people that you would think twice due to the rarity of that title. (It was probably traded in, as they were never sold to the public, only given away to Disney/Pixar employees)

I was able to get the copy from my brother. He used to work for Disney Interactive.

AkIRA_22

Just whipped up my dinner, all of the ingredients of which were purchased today, mmmmmm Spaghetti Bolognese.

b5a5b297.jpg

And I finally picked up Total War: Shogan 2 on Steam.

bcbb9567.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Best April pickup has definitely been "A Clash of Kings" from A Song of Ice & Fire. I'm enjoying the fuck out of that book. Maybe a Storm of Swords for May pickup thread later on.

SUPARSTARX

img20110501045948.jpg

Picked up a new Xbox 360 Slim from Amazon with the fifty buck promotional credit for $200. I hate the touch sensitive buttons. Used the credit on a new 250gb WD Scorpio hard drive. So good.

img20110501050005.jpg

Picked up first four books re: Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Good reads so far.

kiryogi

Banned
I guess it's more like April, but it's May now anyway!

My pickups from SakuraCon 2011!

Big Toro Plush (To match the Kuro I got last year) and Gift Nendoroid Plus Aegis Plush
sakcon20111.png

King of Eden bluray, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time bluray, 5 centimeters per second remastered release DVD, Bunny Manaka Love Plus strap (cute!)
sakcon20112.png

Price Revoltech Kuro Hatsune Miku ver. , Super Movable Fate/Stay Night Saber Nendoroid, Kotobukiya 1/1 scale HoiHoi San Mini with HoiHoi Carry kit
sakcon20113.png

Ar Tonelico Qoga signed by Stephanie Sheh and Cristina Vee :D
sakcon20114.png

Catherine signed by Kotono Mitsuishi
sakcon20115.png

Tales of Chronicle 15th Anniversary Series Settei
sakcon20116.png

I love that Saber mainly for this. . .
tantrum.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Couple DS titles from this week + Lunar Silver Star on PSN ( great title)

r0dtn5.jpg

2h808ba.jpg

Recent iOS purchases

2wplbf5.png

zmet

Galaxy Force II & Thunder Blade Original Soundtrack
al10.jpg

VV (Grind Stormer)
al11.jpg

This one replaces my U.S. cart that died on me a couple of years ago.
Power Drift Original Soundtrack and DJ Boy
al12.jpg

Pier Solar and the Great Architects (reprint)
my1.jpg

Chuck Taylors
my2.jpg

Wazzim

Banned
kiryogi said:
King of Eden bluray, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time bluray, 5 centimeters per second remastered release DVD, Bunny Manaka Love Plus strap (cute!)
sakcon20112.png
]
5cm Per Second is amazing, great pick-up.

Sofo

Didn't manage to get all the pictures for April, so this is a mix of April and May. Finally got to play Portal 2. It's awesome! But I miss doing it on my PC. Anyway, here's the goodies!

IMG_3602.jpg

My fiancé's present for me during the catalan festivity of St. Jordi (St. George), patron of Catalunya. During this festivity, which is the equivalent to Valentine's day, each member of the couple gives a present to the other one, on the condition that the male gets a book and the female gets a red rose. Since we're both men, we got each other a couple of books. Isn't he awesome!?

IMG_3603.jpg

This is his present. He better like it... I count on you, GAF!

IMG_3605.jpg

MvC3, which we enjoyed a lot during his visit on Easter. It's almost as good as Soul Calibur II was (but that game still is my favourite fighting game, in regards to combos/controller layout). Also an 8GB pen-drive. Tiny and simple, love it so far!

IMG_3652.jpg

Last but not least, the pickup I've been most excited about, Portal 2! Always been a fan of the first one and I'm very upset at the annoyance of not being able to play co-op or link my Steam account to it just yet. Damn you hackers! ):

That's it, sorry for the long post!

kiryogi

Banned
Wazzim said:
5cm Per Second is amazing, great pick-up.
That would be my 2nd copy of it :D I have the original ADV release... Had to get this considering changes and honestly though... Just waiting on the bluray release now. I had a chance to heckle CR @ the convention and they said they have it in HD and bluray, but the japan side isn't currently letting them release it... So it's in a state of hiatus/limbo.

Jaroof

Got this since I have yet to play any of these.. except for the one they released on the PSP. I forget which.

2011-05-01065018.jpg

Wazzim

Banned
kiryogi said:
That would be my 2nd copy of it :D I have the original ADV release... Had to get this considering changes and honestly though... Just waiting on the bluray release now. I had a chance to heckle CR @ the convention and they said they have it in HD and bluray, but the japan side isn't currently letting them release it... So it's in a state of hiatus/limbo.
Have been waiting myself for the Blu-Ray too but kinda gave up on it but this gives me some hope that they'll eventually get permission to release the HD version.

kikori

Neo Member
kiryogi said:
That would be my 2nd copy of it :D I have the original ADV release... Had to get this considering changes and honestly though... Just waiting on the bluray release now.
Are there any significant changes from the ADV release? I'll hold out for a BD release myself but as I own the ADV one, I'm just curious.

Ikkarus

kiryogi said:
Tales of Chronicle 15th Anniversary Series Settei
sakcon20116.png
Nice pick up!

Can I ask what is included in this book? Is it mostly artwork? Secondly is it rather expensive? I am guessing so. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Decarb said:

Wait the games are delivered on a dvd in uk ? Is this a new sku ? Because here we have to register the psp go and download the games via PSN.

cw_sasuke said:
Wait the games are delivered on a dvd in uk ? Is this a new sku ? Because here we have to register the psp go and download the games via PSN.
This is from India. And yeah, I too was surprised when I saw that the games are delivered on DVD, and even more surprised when it asked for active net connection and log-in to my PSN account before transferring them to PSP. Needless to say, the DVD (and all my PSP games on PS3 hdd) are worthless right now, so the Go stays in its box until PSN comes back online.

theDeeDubs

I decided to get a 360 while PSN has been down. The trophy whore in me couldn't stand playing games without being able to sync my trophies. I was going to get one when Gears 3 came out anyway. I was surprised it was louder than my PS3 slim even after installing some games on it. It's quieter than my old elite for sure but definitely not 'whisper' quiet. The 4gb is by far my favorite looking console I've ever owned. It's very sleek.

Alan Wake is a lot better as a LTTP game for me. I think the hype affected me when I tried it when it originally released. I'm really liking it this time around.
DSC_0128.jpg

Massa

-Red_Mage- said:
I decided to get a 360 while PSN has been down. The trophy whore in me couldn't stand playing games without being able to sync my trophies.

You're going to be able to sync those trophies as soon as PSN goes up. They're not affected at all by this outage.

Majine

Banned
Isn't it alot more expensive to buy a 250 GB HDD seperately? Or did the matte look take over your financial thinking? ;)

theDeeDubs

Massa said:
You're going to be able to sync those trophies as soon as PSN goes up. They're not affected at all by this outage.
Yes, but if something happens to your console between now and then they're gone. I'm really hoping they include background syncing once the new firmware rolls around.

theDeeDubs

Majine said:
Isn't it alot more expensive to buy a 250 GB HDD seperately? Or did the matte look take over your financial thinking? ;)
Amazon had the hdd on sale the other day so I got all that for less than $310. Although the matte look won me over regardless :).

Tiduz

Eurogaime
-Red_Mage- said:
Yes, but if something happens to your console between now and then they're gone. I'm really hoping they include background syncing once the new firmware rolls around.

bingo. my ps3 died so now i lost about 30 trophies, not that i care. i do care about having to redl/losing 200gb of data.

mintylurb

Tiduz said:
bingo. my ps3 died so now i lost about 30 trophies, not that i care. i do care about having to redl/losing 200gb of data.
But you can just download those lost files again. No big deal. Besides, downloading is your forte..;3

luffeN

May is going to be awesome :D
bt46bwnpfg74vjr33.jpg

I also got (including April):
  • Yakuza 4
  • Fist of the North Star
  • deblob 2
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Vanquish
  • Dante's Inferno

Vanille

Ikkarus said:
Nice pick up!

Can I ask what is included in this book? Is it mostly artwork? Secondly is it rather expensive? I am guessing so. :(

Not much artwork actually. Over half the book is taken up with cast and developer interviews, and the other sections such as the series retrospective are pretty text heavy. So if you're planning to buy it as a substitute artbook, I wouldn't recommend it. And yeah, the RRP is $35, so pretty expensive.

Posted this in the April thread yesterday, but I figure it's close enough:

Took advantage of Gamestop's $30 sale.

KO6el.jpg

And bought some new shoes.

gh1Zq.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
kikori said:
Are there any significant changes from the ADV release? I'll hold out for a BD release myself but as I own the ADV one, I'm just curious.

- New Dub by Bang Zoom

- New JP 4.0 Track

- Remastered video, new translation and subs.

- AMV by Shinkai.

Octorockin: Indeed! I often spend most of the time in the dealers room, tho this year I was really busy and didn't get that much time haha.

enewtabie

Picked up a few things yesterday and a missed by 5 seconds pickup.

Some cheap stands for some games until my office is finished.

472f29fc.jpg

A new shoulder holster(picked up a ankle one too not pictured)
57e95ac3.jpg

and my almost pickup..I have been looking for one of these for months now. I found one and it was just purchased as I was walking up to the table. The price was $839 which
is really too high for it now anyways.
Saiga S-12
b28bdfc5.jpg

So Amazon is having a "get $50 back when buying an xbox slim 4gb," so one could use that credit to get the xbox 250gb hdd separately.

Basically an xbox 250gb for ~$250, pretty cool.

Top Bottom