• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want the Regular New 3DS in NA? Let Nintendo Know! Find out how in here!

Source & this is something: (???) Zdm321

I don't have the pic you're looking for, but the regular N3DS is indeed in the FCC database.
It doesn't look there's a permalink for search results, but here's a similar site with the same info: http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=BKEKTR001&id=892468

If you want to see it on the real fcc site, go to:
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm
Grantee Code: BKE
Product Code: KTR001

The photos of the device are on short-term confidentiality until the 23rd of this month.

Looks like NoA is bringing the standard N3DS over!

NoA bringing the N3DS standard over soon? Nintendo direct 23 March?

I am stoked.

Just in time for a N3DS Standard Xenoblade LE system with faceplates.

If this does come to the US in the next few weeks, then NOA are truly scumbags of the highest order. They would have known about this at the N3DSXL launch, but decided to keep it secret so their fans would buy the more expensive model. Disgusting.

antibolo

Banned
I hope you are correct.
My pessimism makes me think it will be a Xenoblade XL.

KTR-001 is the Nintendo product code for the regular New 3DS.

In any case this does not prove anything except that Nintendo did send it to the FCC for approval. Tons of unreleased products get filed to the FCC, it's standard procedure for companies to do it.

KTR-001 is the Nintendo product code for the regular New 3DS.

In any case this does not prove anything except that Nintendo did send it to the FCC for approval. Tons of unreleased products get filed to the FCC, it's standard procedure for companies to do it.

u may be correct, but how do you explain the private part of it kept under wraps until 23rd March?

Source & this is something: (???) Zdm321

I don't have the pic you're looking for, but the regular N3DS is indeed in the FCC database.
It doesn't look there's a permalink for search results, but here's a similar site with the same info: http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=BKEKTR001&id=892468

If you want to see it on the real fcc site, go to:
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm
Grantee Code: BKE
Product Code: KTR001

The photos of the device are on short-term confidentiality until the 23rd of this month.

Looks like NoA is bringing the standard N3DS over!

NoA bringing the N3DS standard over soon? Nintendo direct 23 March?
Oh please! Just let it happen!

kaioshade

Already went and bought a PAL n3DS, so if it ends up coming out in the US, i will be happy for the rest of the users who did not/could not import.

u may be correct, but how do you explain the private part of it kept under wraps until 23rd March?

Keeping one part of it private doesn't seem to have made a difference, right? Everyone knows what this is prior to the photo being released. It was filed back in September.

Where's the FCC listing for the New 3DS XL? Does it have anything that's still being kept private on it? Is it standard practice to keep part of the listing private for a long time?

Keeping one part of it private doesn't seem to have made a difference, right? Everyone knows what this is prior to the photo being released. It was filed back in September.

Where's the FCC listing for the New 3DS XL? Does it have anything that's still being kept private on it? Is it standard practice to keep part of the listing private for a long time?

Yes but why 23rd March?

I don't know, you can draw your own conclusions. Two devices were submitted to the FCC at about the same time, with photos made confidential until about the same time, one is released and the other is not.

I honestly don't know how to feel. Been on the fence about to import a pal one from Amazon uk but seeing this makes me hesitate...

Got happy and then sad reading the last few posts. I can't get my hopes up about it, especially as this is NoA we're talking about.

Keep bugging NoA, people. Don't give up.

That's kind of weird. It may just mean that they were planning on releasing it here at one point, but they changed their mind. About how long in advance do companies usually submit their products for FCC approval?

Aequitas

Will definitely double dip when NOA decides to bring over the regular sized model, but I don't have much hope in that FCC listing. As already mentioned, companies file for products that never see the light of day. :/

Ugh, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Nintendo needs to either:

1) release the regular sized one in America
2) remove region locking
3) or allow us to change regions if imported.

kaioshade

And give them more money for doing it wrong? I think not.

Nintendo of America would not be getting your money. Nintendo of Europe would.

I imported mine, and wrote a letter to Nintendo of America explaining why i imported. Whether they listen, take it to heart or simply toss it aside matters not, but i made my voice heard, voted with my wallet, and got what i wanted.

jax

Banned
I inported my sN3DS the day it was announced in Japan for <$200 with 3 cover plates the charging dock and a game. You can always stick with your 3DS for NA purchases, then import/buy new games on the N3DS eShop.

There's always Gatewait as well for eventual region unlock and save transfers.

antibolo

Banned
Importing a foreign model will not magically allow me to transfer my existing digital purchases to it. I've been mostly digital so it's not just a matter of a few throwaway $5 games. And I'm not interested in dodgy hacks that will stop working whenever Nintendo releases a firmware update, and put me in risk of getting my NNID banned.

Importing a foreign model will not magically allow me to transfer my existing digital purchases to it. I've been mostly digital so it's not just a matter of a few throwaway $5 games. And I'm not interested in dodgy hacks that will stop working whenever Nintendo releases a firmware update, and put me in risk of getting my NNID banned.

Exactly.

Also, importing would mean taking the pressure off of NoA to do something to appease everyone demanding the standard N3DS and/or removing region lock.

Exactly.

Also, importing would mean taking the pressure off of NoA to do something to appease everyone demanding the standard N3DS and/or removing region lock.
Right now it seems NoA doesn't give a shit. People that import systems tend to buy a lot of games. Well, these people are going to have to buy PAL/JPN games for their system going forward, so that means lost sales for NoA, which is clearly struggling already. I don't have any numbers to provide or anything, but lost sales are just that - especially from a core market.

I'm not sure I'd be surprised if Nintendo intentionally delayed it.

Maybe Europe are the guinea pigs all along?

Maybe they knew they couldn't pump out enough face plates yet?

If this was the case, almost wish they announced both, but mention one is delayed a few months.

Good luck, North Americans.

jax

Banned
I mean, I can see where you're coming from 100%, seeing as Gateway isn't ready for the New 3DS yet. But once it's released, you will be able to transfer all of your saves and games flawlessly within a few minutes, with a firmware you can have up to date with every update, plus have Homebrew capability (region free, save transfer, SNES & GB support... Etc) all on a system with cover plates and SNES buttons..

Really it's Gateway that should be lighting a fire under NoA's ass to stock this thing, but they don't seem to be worried about it.

BooJoh

Really it's Gateway that should be lighting a fire under NoA's ass to stock this thing, but they don't seem to be worried about it.

Yeah, NOA should totally be shaking in their boots about a costly, warranty-voiding device that will probably require jumping through hoops compared to what the average user is used to and has been promised to be the savoir of n3DS region locking for a couple months now.

Also, I'm not sure how importing is sticking it to NOA in any way. I'm not knowledgeable on global economics but don't all system purchases just benefit NCL in the end and importing will simply skew NCL's regional analysis and if anything look like Americans aren't buying as many systems, period?

Yeah, NOA should totally be shaking in their boots about a costly, warranty-voiding device that will probably require jumping through hoops compared to what the average user is used to and has been promised to be the savoir of n3DS region locking for a couple months now.

Also, I'm not sure how importing is sticking it to NOA in any way. I'm not knowledgeable on global economics but don't all system purchases just benefit NCL in the end and importing will simply skew NCL's regional analysis and if anything look like Americans aren't buying as many systems, period?
Well, I get the impression that Nintendo isn't doing so great in North America and hasn't been for a while, which is probably why NoA has been so uptight with things lately.

BooJoh

Well, I get the impression that Nintendo isn't doing so great in North America and hasn't been for a while, which is probably why NoA has been so uptight with things lately.

Unfortunately, making decisions that alienate parts of their fanbase will only make the problem worse. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but they still could've easily done a limited run on their online store to gauge interest before committing to bringing it out (or not bringing it out) here.

That's kind of weird. It may just mean that they were planning on releasing it here at one point, but they changed their mind. About how long in advance do companies usually submit their products for FCC approval?

That's what I'm thinking too possibly, grain of salt for now.

Will buy a Regular unit immediately if it's released here. Come on, NOA. I'm still not getting the XL. Let me give you my money for a Regular N3DS.

antibolo

Banned
I mean, I can see where you're coming from 100%, seeing as Gateway isn't ready for the New 3DS yet. But once it's released, you will be able to transfer all of your saves and games flawlessly within a few minutes, with a firmware you can have up to date with every update, plus have Homebrew capability (region free, save transfer, SNES & GB support... Etc) all on a system with cover plates and SNES buttons..

NQHKSVE.gif

//ARCANUM

I would prefer the regular sized n3DS with faceplates to the n3DS XL I just bought. If they announced now that they were bringing us the regular model, i would actually be pissed since i just bought an XL.

jax

Banned

Who cares if you're voiding a warranty on an imported product? If my N3DS breaks I could just restore it to factory settings before sending it off.. Hell I probably would try to repair it myself since I don't see how sending a 3DS to Japan to fix and getting it imported back would even begin to work. Costly? $50 isn't too bad at all for what Gateway is capable of. It even comes with a DS-mode card as well.

If NCL sees an increase in demand for the smaller model 3DS, regardless of region, they'll be more inclined to release it in NA. The Standard N3DS ain't selling as well as the XL in any market, so what incentive do they have to bring it here besides "appease the few people who want it, but haven't imported". They won't see less consoles purchased if you double dip. (My NA N3DS XL has all of my OGXL purchases transferred and basically is just an upgrade of the OG which I use for text based games, and I use the standard N3DS for games that don't require learning the Japanese language since the eShop works with American credit cards.) Also games like Pheonix Wright, Pokemon and Bravely Default all have an English option.

um, ok? I don't really care if you believe me, lol. That's just how it works. First you get a 3DS system with a firmware of 9.2 or lower, then you go to a certain website, which boots Gateway mode. This mode can be upgraded to the latest firmware. My OG 3DS XL is on the latest firmware and I can play any game online with it and make purchases easily. You do have to make sure to never update the non Gateway mode firmware. It's actually pretty awesome how great Gateway works, there's a ton more information over at GBAtemp.

Velcro Fly

The faceplates are cool but I'm not sure I could go from playing an XL to playing the regular size.

Still hope they bring it over for people who do want one but I could definitely see them waiting until next year or something to avoid the controversy.

Who cares if you're voiding a warranty on an imported product? If my N3DS breaks I could just restore it to factory settings before sending it off.. Hell I probably would try to repair it myself since I don't see how sending a 3DS to Japan to fix and getting it imported back would even begin to work. Costly? $50 isn't too bad at all for what Gateway is capable of. It even comes with a DS-mode card as well.

If NCL sees an increase in demand for the smaller model 3DS, regardless of region, they'll be more inclined to release it in NA. The Standard N3DS ain't selling as well as the XL in any market, so what incentive do they have to bring it here besides "appease the few people who want it, but haven't imported". They won't see less consoles purchased if you double dip. (My NA N3DS XL has all of my OGXL purchases transferred and basically is just an upgrade of the OG which I use for text based games, and I use the standard N3DS for games that don't require learning the Japanese language since the eShop works with American credit cards.) Also games like Pheonix Wright, Pokemon and Bravely Default all have an English option.

um, ok? I don't really care if you believe me, lol. That's just how it works. First you get a 3DS system with a firmware of 9.2 or lower, then you go to a certain website, which boots Gateway mode. This mode can be upgraded to the latest firmware. My OG 3DS XL is on the latest firmware and I can play any game online with it and make purchases easily. You do have to make sure to never update the non Gateway mode firmware. It's actually pretty awesome how great Gateway works, there's a ton more information over at GBAtemp.

I think the issue here is that not everyone is willing to shell out money to import from another country nor is everyone willing to take a chance on using what is essentially a risky hack just to get a system to work for them. It tantamounts to being forced to jump through unnecessary hoops. I mean, in regards to Gateway, I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to keep up with when to update it due to it being patched out by an official system update from Nintendo every so often...

Yes, many people may still be buying an XL variant over the standard, but at this point, many of us just want to be treated fairly and have the choice to choose for ourselves. And given the way the faceplates are selling like hotcakes in the UK/EU region, there is obviously a healthy interest in the smaller model. All people can do is continue to let Nintendo know they want the smaller model. And on pretty much all of Nintendo's official Facebook/Twitter posts, there are people still stating they want the standard size. Whether they want it for the faceplates or because of its size is their business, but the desire is there and it would be a foolish decision by the company to continue to ignore that desire. As they say, negative word-of-mouth spreads like wildfire. A dissatisfied consumer is more likely to garner attention, even if they are a minority in the face of many more satisfied consumers.

Josh5890

I've had a feeling all along that Nintendo was going to release this in the west. Hopefully that will still happen thanks to the FCC listing.

jax

Banned
I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to keep up with when to update it due to it being patched out by an official system update from Nintendo every so often...
This isn't a thing. You can update the firmware freely once you've installed the Gateway firmware once. Right now all N3DS are shipping with 9.2 or below. This might hangs in the future, so if you are thinking of importing, you should do it sooner than later.
Yes, many people may still be buying an XL variant over the standard, but at this point, many of us just want to be treated fairly and have the choice to choose for ourselves. And given the way the faceplates are selling like hotcakes in the UK/EU region, there is obviously a healthy interest in the smaller model. All people can do is continue to let Nintendo know they want the smaller model. And on pretty much all of Nintendo's official Facebook/Twitter posts, there are people still stating they want the standard size. Whether they want it for the faceplates or because of its size is their business, but the desire is there and it would be a foolish decision by the company to continue to ignore that desire. As they say, negative word-of-mouth spreads like wildfire. A dissatisfied consumer is more likely to garner attention, even if they are a minority in the face of many more satisfied consumers.
You do have a choice, though. You're just ignoring your options. Right now the XL is outselling the standard 3 to 1, so Nintendo has zero incentive to bring over the standard N3DS. A foolish decision? Nintendo? Nintendo is the king of foolish decisions. (Region lock? No AC adapter? Where's the Pokemon Wii U MMO? Etc are just a few that come to mind) Quite frankly they don't give a shit what people want. So if you want a standard N3DS, your best bet is to import. If you want region free on your imported N3DS, you'll have to buy a Gateway. I guarantee you Importing + Buying a Gateway will motivate Nintendo more than a facebook post is going to. Nintendo loves their walled garden, and right now the main incentive to buy a Gateway is the lack of the Standard N3DS in America.

Top Bottom