• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want the Regular New 3DS in NA? Let Nintendo Know! Find out how in here!

Let's see what this upcoming Gateway release does. I can't believe I may have to go back to buying carts (I've been all digital on 3DS since 2012). Still, if it allows my to play US games on my regular n3DS, I'll be happy.

Does anyone know what firmware the US 3DS XL launched with?

C'mon, hackers. Break this system open wide.

mstevens

With the XL launch out of the way, I'd say that now is a good time for us to hit the phones / emails again. Let them know we are not happy with the limited choices we've been given!

With the XL launch out of the way, I'd say that now is a good time for us to hit the phones / emails again. Let them know we are not happy with the limited choices we've been given!
Agreed. If anyone here uses Reddit, please breathe some life into that thread if it's died down.

spookyfish

Shoot. Right now I'd settle for the regular black New XL that I preordered from Best Buy. They can't seem to ship it out for some reason.

antibolo

Banned
This all reminds me of that episode of That 70's Show where Red gets a salesman job at Bob's appliances store, and has to come and accept the fact that the average consumer is stupid and needs to be told what they want, which pissed the fuck out of him.

This is the kind of retail store mentality we're dealing with here, and the reason why we can't have nice things.

I'm more confused knowing the rest of the world has no problem with it.
It's NoA's stupidity, sheer incompetence or a mix of both. Or maybe just a lame excuse. NoA clearly has some issues with selling even remotely to targets so have been avoiding anything they consider risky lately or could cost them money. Playing it safe. Unfortunately it means those of this that want the regular n3DS are screwed.

Still, keep trying guys. Keep bugging them. Hopefully they give in at some point.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I agree. Keep tweeting, calling, emailing. Who knows, maybe they'll do a limited release down the road.

Dream Land scenario:

Club Nintendo Gold and Platinum members this year get an exclusive offer to order one directly from Nintendo for $149.99. Comes with a special Gold or Platinum Faceplate.

BELIEVE.

New development in this whole thing. It sounds like the real reason was to avoid market confusion.

I made a new thread for it, seemed threadworthy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993767

That's not the "real reason", it's just another excuse given to the public to get them to stop bitching. Because there is no confusion when you have a New 3DS and a New 3DS XL, and no Old 3DS whatsoever. The only possible source of confusion is the lack of a New 2DS.

Fireblend

Banned
Dream Land scenario:

Club Nintendo Gold and Platinum members this year get an exclusive offer to order one directly from Nintendo for $149.99. Comes with a special Gold or Platinum Faceplate.

BELIEVE.

Lol not gonna happen.

And it would piss people off to no end.

Lol not gonna happen.

And it would piss people off to no end.
I don't think it's gonna happen either but think NoA should do a limited window of opportunity build to order for fans to order directly from them. These are already being produced for JPN and Europe, just flash them with NA firmware. I would happily pay the same price as the XL for it.

As if I needed anymore reason to bug the hell out of Nintendo....

hgSBEsG.jpg

WUlqyxs.jpg

once again, #OperationFaceplateNA is in full swing

MJPIA

Soon so saw the xenoblade faceplate I sent another email to NoA bugging them to bring the new 3ds over here.
And I'll continue bugging them for as long as it takes.
#operationfaceplateNA is a go.

ChrisD

Dream Land scenario:

BELIEVE.

Be still, my heart. I know you want to believe, but save the pain.

mstevens

Saw a red n3DS XL at Best Buy and I held strong. Voting with my wallet.

Keep those emails, phone calls and tweets coming!

MJPIA

Got a reply back from when I send a email stating how interested I am in the xenoblade faceplate and how they should bring it over.
I got the same copy paste email everyone did the first time around when I requested the new 3ds be released in the US so this time I didn't even mentioned it and only talked about the faceplate to see how they would respond.
Anyone else email them about the xenoblade faceplate?
If you did, did you receive the exact same email I got?
Thank you for writing to us. I would first like to apologize for the delay in our response during this busy time of year.

In regard to your email, I can definitely understand your interest with being able to purchase an Xenoblade Chronicles Faceplate for the New Nintendo 3DS. As my colleague had previously stated in our last response, we will be happy to document your comments, and forward your suggestion to the appropriate departments to use as they see fit. While I am unable to guarantee your suggestion will be implemented, rest assured, we do take all feedback into consideration.

However, I know that it would be great to tell you we have any announcements of the products you've mentioned being released in the Americas and provide the release date. Unfortunately, we haven't released any announcements regarding these systems. I realize this isn't what you were hoping to hear, and your understanding in this matter is appreciated.

Although, you never know what the future may hold; as such, I would suggest keeping an eye on our website's “What’s New” section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Whitney Hawelu

Blues1990

Got a reply back from when I send a email stating how interested I am in the xenoblade faceplate and how they should bring it over.
I got the same copy paste email everyone did the first time around when I requested the new 3ds be released in the US so this time I didn't even mentioned it and only talked about the faceplate to see how they would respond.
Anyone else email them about the xenoblade faceplate?
If you did, did you receive the exact same email I got?

I did, and I told them off for sending me a generic response that didn't even address my question/concern.

LostAnkh

At this point in time, they should just remove region locking if they aren't going to bother bringing the regular n3DS over to the states. It'd make a lot of people happy, even if they don't plan on getting one, plus I'll finally be able to own a white 3DS.

At this point in time, they should just remove region locking if they aren't going to bother bringing the regular n3DS over to the states. It'd make a lot of people happy, even if they don't plan on getting one, plus I'll finally be able to own a white 3DS.

Agreed. It's THAT simple.

Just let me choose an N3DS and faceplates, please!

I like the way you think.

I'm proud to say that I still haven't given in and bought the n3DS XL. NoA had better get its shit together and sort us out with the regular model ASAP.

Same here. But at this point I'm tempted to import the Xenoblade 3DS game + faceplate + system bundle from the Ninteno UK store...
Do it, it doesn't look like NoA is going to do anything about it. Although I do have a PAL n3DS, I've bought it as a backup in preparation for any hacks that are released. I don't plan to buy any games yet, I'm hoping I can eventually rip all my NTSC U carts and eShop downloads and transfer them to my PAL system. This way, I'd use the U.S. system to buy my games and the PAL system to play them on.

finalflame

Do it, it doesn't look like NoA is going to do anything about it. Although I do have a PAL n3DS, I've bought it as a backup in preparation for any hacks that are released. I don't plan to buy any games yet, I'm hoping I can eventually rip all my NTSC U carts and eShop downloads and transfer them to my PAL system. This way, I'd use the U.S. system to buy my games and the PAL system to play them on.

I was actually about to, but it seems you can't ask for it to be delivered anywhere outside of the UK? Got to the checkout page and could only enter UK addresses.

I was actually about to, but it seems you can't ask for it to be delivered anywhere outside of the UK? Got to the checkout page and could only enter UK addresses.
Oh, yes. I don't think they'll ship to the U.S. your best bet is to wait for Amazon UK to see if it gets the bundle. Alternatively, I'm based in the UK and am happy to help you get it. PM me if interested.

Etria

You can purchase a n3DS from Amazon France. I received mine in NZ in under two weeks with the cheapest shipping method. The exchange rate will also be more favourable for you than Amazon UK.

Source & this is something: (???) Zdm321

I don't have the pic you're looking for, but the regular N3DS is indeed in the FCC database.
It doesn't look there's a permalink for search results, but here's a similar site with the same info: http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=BKEKTR001&id=892468

If you want to see it on the real fcc site, go to:
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm
Grantee Code: BKE
Product Code: KTR001

The photos of the device are on short-term confidentiality until the 23rd of this month.

Looks like NoA is bringing the standard N3DS over!

NoA bringing the N3DS standard over soon? Nintendo direct 23 March?

Top Bottom