• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Strazyplus

just the 31st, at least.

IT BETTER BE!

snake.gif

pahamrick

If the heroism that's been shown in the gameplay demos is anything like Peace Walker, you can probably still fill up your base with soldiers without fultoning a single one.

Palpable

Oh, you.

Tell me this, and please tag the answer for the spoiler weary. Did Glaz and Palitz, and any of the other people recruited to MSF during the events of Ground Zeroes, survive the destruction of Mother Base, or did they die a 'fire-y' watery death like everyone else?

Or, in more plain English, was bringing people back to Mother Base in Ground Zeroes some bullshit?

MGSV wont let me go online until the game is released to the public. When I try importing my GZ save, it says the game needs to be online. So I guess we'll all find out at the same time.

Shy

Who designed the Oyter-GAF logo. ?
Because we need that person to desgin it in game then post an in-depth step-by-step guide on how to reproduce it. So we can be one, united by a common purpose.

So I was just watching the OHN twitch marathon and in the cutscene they mentioned the La Li Lu Le Lo. Which made me remember something I discovered when learning Japanese. Basically every Japanese person learns La Li Lu Le Lo (Hiragana) like we learn the ABC. But here is the thing the Japanese don't really produce the 'L' sound, technically their 'R' is somewhat of a 'R' and 'L' hybrid. It's interesting in a way though, especially since the theme of language is so important for MGS V.

In a sense it makes La Li Lu Le Lo the most basic of concepts, like a zero is one of the most basic concepts in mathematics. But if viewed from the Japanese language perspective, it's in a sense an unutterable concept/word. Therefore the most secret/hidden/taboo thing.

Here are two videos for context, demonstrating the La Li Lu Le Lo (Ra Ri Ru Re Ro)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEBkP_Q0FeA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrXHizFaol0

pahamrick

So, fellow PC only players (with no option for console playing) ... Aren't you glad the release has been moved up?

Copies getting bought a week before release is making that one final week seem long, but imagine if we still had to wait until the 15. It would be -3- more weeks of waiting hell.

Strazyplus

So, fellow PC only players (with no option for console playing) ... Aren't you glad the release has been moved up?

Copies getting bought a week before release is making that one final week seem long, but imagine if we still had to wait until the 15. It would be -3- more weeks of waiting hell.

I would not be even waiting ... it being so close is whats effecting me :p

anyway logging for the night, out~

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

i probably wouldve gone nuclear

Kindekuma

Banned

Nearly cried when I found out the release date was pushed up. Was going to play the PS3 version for 2 weeks otherwise. But now PC players are getting to play 16 hours earlier (minus the copies breaking street date).

-Deimos

It's bittersweet for me. The only reason they moved it up is so we wouldn't lose our shit at the MGO delay.
LOL. He was constantly making me pull what little hair i have out.

ndueLeg.gif

Roach doesn't give a fuck.

pahamrick

i probably wouldve gone nuclear

No kidding.

Nearly cried when I found out the release date was pushed up. Was going to play the PS3 version for 2 weeks otherwise. But now PC players are getting to play 16 hours earlier (minus the copies breaking street date).
Yes! I'm going to be swamped with stuff I need to do on the 1st so I wouldn't get to play too much on launch day. It coming essentially a day early (hopefully Peeler wasn't wrong) is great.

It's bittersweet for me. The only reason they moved it up is so we wouldn't lose our shit at the MGO delay.

I'm convinced part of the reason is that MGO3 going to be stacked with various kinds of microtransactions (Various weapons, animations, outfits, ect) and the longer PC delay is probably them figuring out the best way to circumvent people being able to unlock that stuff on PC without paying.

Palpable

If any of you have ever watched me play through GZ, you know I hate reflex & that I keep it turned off. I'm going to make a recommendation and say that keeping reflex on for TPP is helpful. The enemies are far more sensitive to sound this time around.

If any of you have ever watched me play through GZ, you know I hate reflex & that I keep it turned off. I'm going to make a recommendation and say that keeping reflex on for TPP is helpful. The enemies are far more sensitive to sound this time around.

It doesn't help that the areas are 10 times as large, enemies are all over. I'm sure you could still S rank missions with it as long as you get no alarms, no deaths and finish quick.

Palpable

It doesn't help that the areas are 10 times as large, enemies are all over. I'm sure you could still S rank missions with it as long as you get no alarms, no deaths and finish quick.

True, but even in more confined areas as well. In GZ I could hold up an enemy that is standing near another enemy and the 2nd guy wouldn't notice. Here, you can't. He hears it all.

just watching the 500+hour metal gear marathon cant believe im learning alot but this slow pace is killing me they have just spent the last hour or so in the very first room of big shell

FINALLY!

Ground Zeroes is the second game ever that I actually bothered to complete, the gameplay is incredibly satisfying. Screw the anti air emplacement op though. That was a phantom pain to S rank on hard.

Well, something just happened in the game. Idk anymore.

*Aims for head with a Silent Pistol*

*R2*

*V3n0m Sn4k3 neutralized*

ndueLeg.gif

Roach doesn't give a fuck.

Practicing for a race with D.Horse I see, though Roche'll simply run somewhere else off track because Roche's gonna Roche.

213372bu

Banned
I was told to ask here, so I may as well.

Can anyone tell me if any cities in Florida broke the street date for TPP? If you told me via PM I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

[HP]

I was told to ask here, so I may as well.

Can anyone tell me if any cities in Florida broke the street date for TPP? If you told me via PM I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

Curious about this to, but more specifically for Socal area.

Yep, that war story he tells, the other guys look so excited while he tells the story haha.

So good.

But he really nails it, every other game where you step out the line and do something you shouldn't do like killing an important person it would be game over but in MGSV the game tells you well you fucked up now you gotta find another way to finish the mission.

It's really next-gen gameplay.

I thought I heard in one of previews a few months ago that stepping outside a designated zone for a mission makes you fail?

I thought I heard in one of previews a few months ago that stepping outside a designated zone for a mission makes you fail?

My guess is that infiltration and extraction missions have a defined zone, since it makes sense that it's a location based mission.

Other missions that isn't location based? Probably covers a far larger space.

Timeaisis

Does Best Buy do release day shipping? I got the CE preordered...I remember it saying that. But I haven't got a notice or anything.

Shy

To everyone that's come in here wanting to know about shops breaking street date.
If you find out, do not use the quote function, use PM's only.
Because quoting isn't safe, and you're putting that shop in danger.

Top Bottom