• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU) is Byke! 12/12/16

So this is fucked up...

I've tried this twice now, and ended up having to cancel my orders both times.

I add my items, checkout with Visa Checkout, it shows the $25 off (for a total of $7x.xx), but RIGHT when i click on "Purchase Now", the total changes to $10x.xx. I check my order history and it's charged the full $10x.xx, and i checked my CC statement and it has a pending transaction of $10x.xx.

TL;DR: This promo says it's working but then charges me in full anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I just had the same issue. Worked fine this morning, but now it showed the proper price in checkout, but it changed when I hit order. Ridiculous.

This has me tempted to get the PS4 w/ Uncharted for $225 now. I keep thinking maybe I should get the Pro though. I want to use it on a 1080p TV, although I do have a 4K in the living room. Any suggestions?

This has me tempted to get the PS4 w/ Uncharted for $225 now. I keep thinking maybe I should get the Pro though. I want to use it on a 1080p TV, although I do have a 4K in the living room. Any suggestions?

I think the Pro can be had cheaper from Target if the wishlist + redcard thing still works. I know the redcard would take it to $380 but not sure if the 10% wishlist thing still works. Anyway, if this would be your main method of gaming I think the pro is worth it. That said, you can get the slim from gamestop for $250 and a $25 visa gift card with no hoops to jump through right now as well.

LProtag

Thanks for the heads up!

Went for Yakuza 0 and Horizon preorders.

I think I'm going to get Mass Effect on PC, and I'm not sure about other games, so I just decided to stick with this.

Oxn

I am at a loss I pre-ordered: Days Gone, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and God of War. What other 1st party games for Xbox and PS4 or coming out besides The Last of Us Part II (Not available yet for pre-order)?

Lol this deal will have come and gone 4 times before TLOU2 comes out. Dont worry.

FHIZ

So I made my order this morning with literally the last couple of soonish games I could think of wanting, but I've got to ask, how are people getting away with only 2 games? Do you not have GCU or are you doing CEs? I saw this a couple times a week or so ago and now again. Tried with just two regular games and due to the GCU discount coming in at 95 something, the promo obviously didn't stack. Had to add a third.

Oxn

I mean, just make the order and cancel if it didn't work. ;)

But one of those items is a GCU extension which is instantly attached to your account. So if it messes up now i just bought gcu at full price and useing my cash instead of my GC

Velcro Fly

So I made my order this morning with literally the last couple of soonish games I could think of wanting, but I've got to ask, how are people getting away with only 2 games? Do you not have GCU or are you doing CEs? I saw this a couple times a week or so ago and now again. Tried with just two regular games and due to the GCU discount coming in at 95 something, the promo obviously didn't stack. Had to add a third.

Two $60 games with GCU was $96. I know the first time this particular offer was up you'd get the prorated like $24 off.

I think the Pro can be had cheaper from Target if the wishlist + redcard thing still works. I know the redcard would take it to $380 but not sure if the 10% wishlist thing still works. Anyway, if this would be your main method of gaming I think the pro is worth it. That said, you can get the slim from gamestop for $250 and a $25 visa gift card with no hoops to jump through right now as well.

I noticed that Gamestop deal. I'm really torn here. I have a OG XB1 and a XB1 S already, with the XB1 S on a 4K TV. I was thinking about selling the OG and getting a slim or OG PS4 for exclusives. But now I'm thinking about just keeping the OG (in another room) and having both the XB1S and Pro on the 4K TV. That's kind of expensive though.

I really wish I would've just traded in the OG XB1 last week at Gamestop so I could jump on this $250 slim deal without thinking twice.

Xandremi

I got 9 orders in.... almost every game from japan in the next 5months is mine plus i ended up added stuff without release dates in the end...

games with release dates
Nioh,RE7,Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Digimon TNO, Tales of Berseria, Horizon ZD, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heros 2, Nier Automata, Danganropa 1+2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+ 2.5.

games without release dates
Spider-Man, Days Gone, Mass Effect, FF7Remake, RedDead2, God of War, FFXII

At first i only had 2 orders from the first time this promo went live in nov..than i added 2 last night... than it just snowballed real quick right now =/, the greed is real! I didn't want this..but this is how it turned out :(

Edit: well I canceled some of them after the rush of adrenaline wore off from grabbing every game I wanted and reality set in..

can anyone confirm that when you complete your order it charges full price?

Discount is applied later?

BTW it says they are allowed to kill the promotion at anytime in the fine print

Discount should definitely not be applied later. You should be able to see the discounted price right before you place the order. If they upped the amount after you bought it, that's a case for customer support since you already have the email confirmation with the promotion applied on the total price.

sense

I got 4 orders in earlier today and they still show order total as 77.02 with the discount still showing. My credit card also shows 4 orders with 77.02 charge. Not sure why some of you are getting charged the full price without the discount after submitting.

jrcbandit

Still worked for me, ordered Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh. Got RE7 with the prior Visa checkout discount (among other things). Decided to pass on the other spring PS4 exclusives (yakuza 0 or GR2) as I'll have too many other games to play.

Used the promo to help buy a Samsung T3 portable ssd. Have a new gaming laptop coming and figure I can use the fast external for some extra game installs.

Turns out it came with a copy of Watch Dogs 2 for PC, which I wasn't even expecting.

I got 4 orders in earlier today and they still show order total as 77.02 with the discount still showing. My credit card also shows 4 orders with 77.02 charge. Not sure why some of you are getting charged the full price without the discount after submitting.

Yeah its kind of annoying.

I have a screencap of the order total and the actual full price once you Place the Order

I used a Visa debit if that makes a difference?

You said earlier today though so maybe the deal is dead?

bigzgod

it's not impossible, but to be fair for any solid deal some slickdeals users will say you get banned for doing X thing :p

far more likely is they would just cancel your order and warn you.

the only thing I know they have banned people over is abusing GCU and ordering for other people or ordering more than 3 copies of a single game.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the slickdeals people were legit banned, but that is because they placed a bunch of orders of last guardian or ff15 (like 21 of each) in order to sell them locally for a $10 profit each.

I don't know. If you check the BB forums, there have been quite a few topics about people complaining about their orders being automatically cancelled, which is a ban from bestbuy.com.

I'm not sure it's really worth the risk.

It would be really dumb if they banned anyone for this. The discount is automatically applied just by placing an order. It's nobody's fault but their own that they're not enforcing the 1 per customer limit.

StereoVsn

It would be really dumb if they banned anyone for this. The discount is automatically applied just by placing an order. It's nobody's fault but their own that they're not enforcing the 1 per customer limit.
Yeah, doubt they will care over couple orders. Now if you got like 10 coming in then who knows.

Yeah, doubt they will care over couple orders. Now if you got like 10 coming in then who knows.

Yea if folks overly abuse the system then it's no good. Hopefully a couple bad apples won't ruin it for others. I've placed 2 separate orders and am hesitant to place a 3rd one.

Yeah its kind of annoying.

I have a screencap of the order total and the actual full price once you Place the Order

I used a Visa debit if that makes a difference?

You said earlier today though so maybe the deal is dead?

Mine worked earlier. The second one I've tried twice this afternoon hasn't worked. Literally switches the price in the background while it says it's processing the order after you click Place Order.

If its still in stock, the slim uncharted bundle is 220 or 230 at newegg (i forget which). Then you can still do the visa checkout promotion.

I just talked to CS

it has to be $100 Subtotal for the discount to fully apply.

There is a weird glitch in which it takes out only part of it where it shows before the order is placed. So make sure its $100 and it should be good

I just talked to CS

it has to be $100 Subtotal for the discount to fully apply.

There is a weird glitch in which it takes out only part of it where it shows before the order is placed. So make sure its $100 and it should be good

Worked fine when i ordered battlefield 1 and watch dogs 2. I received these games last week.

Copy pasted from my email:

ORDER SUMMARY

Subtotal: $95.98 Shipping: FREE Tax: $4.32 Discounts: -$24.00 ORDER TOTAL: $76.30

SlickVic

$77 after tax for Persona 5 with the steelbook and Horizon? Well don't mind if I do. I was ready to pay $51 with tax for Persona 5 with GCU, so $26 extra to get Horizon is solid. Feel a bit hesitant to pre-order a new IP, but hope for that price I end up enjoying it.

Worked fine when i ordered battlefield 1 and watch dogs 2. I received these games last week.

Copy pasted from my email:

ORDER SUMMARY

Subtotal: $95.98 Shipping: FREE Tax: $4.32 Discounts: -$24.00 ORDER TOTAL: $76.30

Yeah my order sort of was the same, but i think it must be a glitch or something. The CS rep said something was up

Your discount says -$24 when its supposed to be -$25

Yeah my order sort of was the same, but i think it must be a glitch or something. The CS rep said something was up

Your discount says -$24 when its supposed to be -$25

Oh I see what you're saying. I thought you meant the cs rep was saying you wouldn't get it at all if the subtotal wasnt 100. Im happy with 24 off 95!

Darknight

Ended up getting another copy of The Last Guardian Collectors and Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe before it was removed. (well guess it would stay on Best buy?)

I was gonna buy both anyways. I do have a 20% off PSN code but I did the math and it would have been the same. Have GCU so TLG was $95.xx

Gonna use my 20% off PSN code hopefully for more PSVR games this xmas sale.

So I decided to place my third order, I got The Last Guardian and Nier Automata for $78.36 which is not bad I think. $40 apiece approx, for an unreleased game and a title that just recently released. I've been bemoaning the lack of Sony 1st party games over the holiday so wth, lemme try TLG.

The haul so far:

• First order:Horizon Zero Dawn Collector's Edition and Resident Evil 7 for $129.54
  • Second order:persona 5 Steelbook edition and GhostRecon Wildlands Gold Edition for $112.12
  • Third order:The Last Guardian and Nier Automata for $78.36

These are all games that I would have picked up day one regardless with the exception of Nier Automata so I'm saving huge coins here.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Curse my only picking up the GCU today, not even knowing about this....not 'activated' online yet :(

Will have to hope they forget to shut the VISA part off....or do this again, lol

bubumiao

1st order

Horizon Zero Dawn
Resident Evil VII

2nd order

Persona 5
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Tempted to order more.

Top Bottom