• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU) is Byke! 12/12/16

x3sphere

Yeah, still doesn't work. Even tried it from my phone.

I wonder if it's because I'm under $100... Many users here said it works if you're at $95 or more. I'm at $96. As I said, it applies the promo automatically just fine, but as soon as I click "Purchase" it changes the total. I might add a fluff item and see if that works.

Likely. I'm not sure, but people that said it worked for them at $96 or whatever probably went over $100 after tax

Likely. I'm not sure, but people that said it worked for them at $96 or whatever probably went over $100 after tax

Mine went to $102.xx after tax, still wouldn't work. It's really weird. I'm not going to even bother adding a fluff item. No point in spending $10-$15 on something I don't want just to save a few bucks over that.

neat trick for those not wanting to go over the ~95 for two games:

add a third item that puts you over 100 dollars (doesnt matter the item)

proceed to checkout

select visa checkout and sign in

after you sign in to Visa Checkout select [Continue] to get to your order screen
Note: This is BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY CONFIRM YOUR ORDER!

the items in your cart will be listed with the option to choose shipping/pickup as well as update any quantity.

select [Delete] from the item you do not wish to purchase.

you'll see the right side of your screen update the Discount to -24.00 regardless if your order is below 100

cheers.

So this deal ends pretty soon, right? I'm on the fence about getting a Pro but I have no idea how much I could get for my 500 GB PS4 on eBay.

neat trick for those not wanting to go over the ~95 for two games:

add a third item that puts you over 100 dollars (doesnt matter the item)

proceed to checkout

select visa checkout and sign in

after you sign in to Visa Checkout select [Continue] to get to your order screen
Note: This is BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY CONFIRM YOUR ORDER!

the items in your cart will be listed with the option to choose shipping/pickup as well as update any quantity.

select [Delete] from the item you do not wish to purchase.

you'll see the right side of your screen update the Discount to -24.00 regardless if your order is below 100

cheers.

You don't need to do this. Just adding 2 games will get you the -24 automatically.

You don't need to do this. Just adding 2 games will get you the -24 automatically.

didnt work for me when i tried it. i guess ymmv? maybe it matters what screen you're on in the checkout process.

anyway, the above listed method worked for me so i hope it helps at least one other person get this deal. i'm set on all my pre orders for next year!

LOLCats

Banned
So this deal ends pretty soon, right? I'm on the fence about getting a Pro but I have no idea how much I could get for my 500 GB PS4 on eBay.

it will be dead by tonight or tomorrow for sure, if not sooner. And don't sell your console on ebay man.

Also 25$ off of a Pro is NOT a good deal. Do not do it. Sign up for target registry and get 15% coupon minimum. I ended up getting a pro for 324$, many people got one for 296$

CodeNfX

Some users on Slickdeals said you can get banned for doing multiple orders.

I just did 2 separate orders, please don't ban me Best Buy.

RobotVM

So Best Buy will only charge once your Pre-order ships? They only charge half of the total when the first game ships or the full order price?

zulux21

Some users on Slickdeals said you can get banned for doing multiple orders.

I just did 2 separate orders, please don't ban me Best Buy.

it's not impossible, but to be fair for any solid deal some slickdeals users will say you get banned for doing X thing :p

far more likely is they would just cancel your order and warn you.

the only thing I know they have banned people over is abusing GCU and ordering for other people or ordering more than 3 copies of a single game.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the slickdeals people were legit banned, but that is because they placed a bunch of orders of last guardian or ff15 (like 21 of each) in order to sell them locally for a $10 profit each.

LOLCats

Banned
Honestly if best buy cared about this then they would have fixed it this time, i mean it allowed multiple orders last time and they knew it. So they just don't care because... MONEY is MONEY!

Just don't buy more than 2 disposable mobile phones, they don't like that.

CodeNfX

it's not impossible, but to be fair for any solid deal some slickdeals users will say you get banned for doing X thing :p

the only thing I know they have banned people over is abusing GCU and ordering for other people or ordering more than 3 copies of a single game.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the slickdeals people were legit banned, but that is because they placed a bunch of orders of last guardian or ff15 (like 21 of each) in order to sell them locally for a $10 profit each.

That makes sense. Now I'm tempt to place one more order.

RobotVM

Is Best Buy still doing 10.00 certs for certain pre-orders? If so, if I pre-ordered a game before they announced a 10.00 cert will I still get it?

Ah, yeah - this makes much more sense. Best Buy has been pretty strict in their GCU 3 identical games always, so I can see that being the case with a lot of slickdealers.

Kusagari

Yeah, from what I'm seeing the bans are due to the GCU 3 game limit.

You just know some dudes on slickdeals were buying 3+ copies.

Boke1879

A question in general. Is there a list of games that you can preorder that give you that $10 credit? They used to advertise it but I haven't seen it recently.

RobotVM

I am at a loss I pre-ordered: Days Gone, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and God of War. What other 1st party games for Xbox and PS4 or coming out besides The Last of Us Part II (Not available yet for pre-order)?

A question in general. Is there a list of games that you can preorder that give you that $10 credit? They used to advertise it but I haven't seen it recently.
Pretty sure it's this page but it's empty at the moment.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

I am at a loss I pre-ordered: Days Gone, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and God of War. What other 1st party games for Xbox and PS4 or coming out besides The Last of Us Part II (Not available yet for pre-order)?
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
Detroit: Become Human

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
*Online offer valid on 12/12/16 through 11:59 p.m. CT or while supplies last, and is available only in the U.S. when displayed on www.bestbuy.com/visacheckout. Discounts not available on gift and prepaid card purchases, and/or services purchased and/or taxes paid. Excludes Amazon streaming players; Amazon Echo products; Google Home; Google Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Bose® audio products; Sonos; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony audio, TVs, 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players and set-top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players; select Sharp TVs; subscription software services; GoPro cameras and accessories; digital music services and download cards; select Dyson; Pacific Sales products; all Magnolia Home Theater products. No cash value. Limit 1 offer per customer. We may terminate this promotion at any time without notice. Discount will be automatically applied to a qualifying BestBuy.com purchase of $100 or more when you select Visa Checkout as your only payment method. All digital items require you to sign up for or sign in to a BestBuy.com account."

The only thing I can see there being an issue on is the Limit 1 offer per customer.

During the last promo I ordered several orders at $100ish U.S. and gotten the discount. They haven't canceled any from those orders. During this one, I placed two orders which haven't been canceled yet.

Last time:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon The Wildlands Deluxe ed.
MLB The Show 17
Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxed Edition
Persona 5 (Steelbook) Launch Edition
Red Dead Redemption 2
Detroit: Become Human
Spiderman
God of War

This time:
Kingdom Hearts III
For Honor
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Limited Edition
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX

They do and this is the link but no titled have been added since FFXV which I believe was the last title to offer that pre-order promotion.

Actually I'm debating picking up another set of games. TLG and pre-ordering Nier Automata. What ya'll think?

Not sure why there's two concurrent threads, but I posted this to the other thread:

Okay, so I finally found that the issue is that purchases under $100 DO NOT WORK FOR THIS PROMO. At least that was the case for me. The promo credit shows up, the total is $74.xx, but as soon as you click "Purchase", that total changes and you're charged the full amount.

Purchasing something small and cancelling the order immediately after purchase did not work either. Once I cancelled the small item the promo was immediately removed.

The promo ONLY WORKS for me when I actually check out with a $100+ purchase pre-tax.

I think anyone that thinks they qualified for the promo with a ~$95 purchase might want to re-check their order confirmation. Otherwise I could see a lot of unhappy buyers thinking they got the promo when they didn't.

Ended up getting Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda for $75, and then threw in Die Hard on blu-ray for another $9 to qualify for the promo. I can't believe I didn't already own Die Hard.

hollomat

Banned
Not sure why that's the case for you. My two games gets me to $96 and then I get $24 off with the discount. My order confirmation confirms the $24 has been removed.

Definitely worked for me.
Double checked all my confirmations as well.

Asked and answered in this thread.

Ah okay. Cool.

This deal seems like it'd be a lot better if I had Gamers Club card. Debating on getting or not, but I don't buy many games at launch.

Ah okay. Cool.

This deal seems like it'd be a lot better if I had Gamers Club card. Debating on getting or not, but I don't buy many games at launch.

With GCU you get 20% off all new games, whether you buy them at launch or not. Also 10% off used games and an extra 10% credit on trade ins. It's a great value.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Ah okay. Cool.

Definitely worthwhile. 20% off software at any time during its release (not just new releases) and stacks with sale prices. The only downside if that I have to pay Best Buy tax, which I don't have to pay Amazon.

zulux21

Definitely worthwhile. 20% off software at any time during its release (not just new releases) and stacks with sale prices. The only downside if that I have to pay Best Buy tax, which I don't have to pay Amazon.

if you pay income tax you have to pay tax on amazon otherwise you are doing something illegal :p

but yeah I recommend GCU.

it's $30 for 2 years, and a single order to make this deal would basically pay for it. two orders and you would be instantly saving money.

amazon's prime switch to match GCU to a degree is nice, but GCU working on sale prices is also amazing.

Top Bottom