• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU) is Byke! 12/12/16

Voror

What's people's experiences with BB's shipping for release or how well the items are boxed? Put it one order for some stuff for myself and family for Christmas and now looking to do some preorders, though I hope it won't be a hassle if I decide to cancel.

bubumiao

What's people's experiences with BB's shipping for release or how well the items are boxed? Put it one order for some stuff for myself and family for Christmas and now looking to do some preorders, though I hope it won't be a hassle if I decide to cancel.

Shipped in a box. Safe and sound.

Says they arrive on release day, but I haven't ordered new releases before.

Very rarely do things not arrive on release date (only 3 times has stuff not been on time: one was on BB, one was something that effected everyone that purchased what I bought and the other was on FedEx) but it depends on what you purchased for the packaging. I usually get games in bubble mailers but if there's multiple games or they're large in size, you'll get a box.

Voror

Very rarely do things not arrive on release date (only 3 times has stuff not been on time: one was on BB, one was something that effected everyone that purchased what I bought and the other was on FedEx) but it depends on what you purchased for the packaging. I usually get games in bubble mailers but if there's multiple games or they're large in size, you'll get a box.

Yeah I can deal with that.

For pre-orders this is one of those deals where they'll hold the charge for a time and then it'll disappear until the real charge when the game ships?

Mine worked earlier. The second one I've tried twice this afternoon hasn't worked. Literally switches the price in the background while it says it's processing the order after you click Place Order.
Did you try using a browser free from adblock? There are sometimes options you don't see on the website like chat you have those on. Mine worked with adblock on but maybe you have a different one than I normally use.
Yeah I can deal with that.

For pre-orders this is one of those deals where they'll hold the charge for a time and then it'll disappear until the real charge when the game ships?
Yeah, that's how it works.

Darknight

Can I use this for digital PS4 games? Namely TLG and FFXV?

Dont think so. I tried with Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe and it wouldnt give me the discount.

If you buy it with physical game, you do get a discount but the game needs to be the majority of the total. Example I bought TLG collectors for $95 (GCU) and the Uncharted digital deluxe for me to get -$24 off.

Velikost

If you're getting a single game, almost guaranteed it'll come in a bubble mailer. I might've gotten a cardboard mailer from them like, once. Multiple games will come in a small box.

If you care about the condition, I'd do in-store pickup.

zulux21

If you're getting a single game, almost guaranteed it'll come in a bubble mailer. I might've gotten a cardboard mailer from them like, once. Multiple games will come in a small box.

they are good about putting limited editions in boxes at least.

but yeah single games will come in bubble mailers.

Voror

Yeah, that's how it works.

Nice. Thanks for confirming that.

Yeah, I do have one very close to me so I'm considering changing that option to pick up. But that does sound pretty good.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
No future titles for me as I wanted to get two current games for as cheap as possible. All games were $32 GCU.

I did two orders...

1. COD: IW for Xbox One, Mafia III for PS4 and Fifa 17 for PS4.
2. COD: IW for PS4, Madden 17 for PS4 and NHL 17 for PS4.

I only care about Mafia III and COD: IW for PS4. COD: IW for Xbox One and the three sports game all trade in for $25 each. I'll pick up all six tomorrow morning before work. On break, I'll trade in those four games. I'll get back $110 including my 10% GCU trade in bonus. Plus, I'll get 200 points which equals another $4. So basically, I spent $156.72 and will get back $114. $42.72 for Mafia III and COD: IW new is damn good. And of course, I'll lower that once I trade them in. LOL.

If trade in values drop tomorrow, I will simply pick up and return for a refund. Either way, I have nothing to lose.

Did you try using a browser free from adblock? There are sometimes options you don't see on the website like chat you have those on. Mine worked with adblock on but maybe you have a different one than I normally use.

Yeah, wasn't that. Same browser and config as when I got it to work last time. I'm not sure what changed.

That said, I tossed on a link Amiibo to bring it above $100 and it went through. Didn't need to do that the first time, just got the $24 off, but it gave me the full $25 and worked for the rest now.

Smellycat

This deal is not worth it for me since I don't have GCU :(

If I get GCU then I would be better off getting the two games by themselves without GCU. ($95 + 30) vs ($95). I normally don't buy new games on release at full price so I don't know how useful GCU will be for me.

BondFancy

If I get GCU then I would be better off getting the two games by themselves without GCU. ($95 + 30) vs ($95). I normally don't buy new games on release at full price so I don't know how useful GCU will be for me.
Unlike Amazon, GCU allows you to use it on any new games, no matter how long ago they were released. Used games also have a discount, except it is only 10% off.

-MD-

GCU + 2 games comes out to $100.

Works on ANY game purchase. Already released games and games on sale. Amazon is not even close.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Used this, worked fine for me on 2 games totaling $95, discount was pro-rated to $24. Works for me!

Smellycat

Can I purchase 2 games and GCU at the same time? Will the GCU discount apply automatically even if I am purchasing it?

Edit: nvm

Ashtar

For some reason the looming threat of the deal expiring pushed me to get nier and Spider-Man
May god have mercy on my soul

bubumiao

Can I purchase 2 games and GCU at the same time? Will the GCU discount apply automatically even if I am purchasing it?

Edit: nvm

For the buy 2 get 1 free deal I activated GCU online, but for some reason there was a bug in the system or something and so a week passed and it never became activated after that initial purchase. So I had to go into best buy to get it sorted out. They ended up canceling the GCU and I re-bought a GCU membership in store. Still waiting to get fully refunded since canceling the one from the online order. Might still take another day or so. So just letting you know that it might not go smoothly, at least it didn't for me. Should be resolved soon though.

Smellycat

I couldn't resist and picked up GCU + The Last Guardian + FFXV (first FF game that I will play) for $105

For the buy 2 get 1 free deal I activated GCU online, but for some reason there was a bug in the system or something and so a week passed and it never became activated after that initial purchase. So I had to go into best buy to get it sorted out. They ended up canceling the GCU and I re-bought a GCU membership in store. Still waiting to get fully refunded since canceling the one from the online order. Might still take another day or so. So just letting you know that it might not go smoothly, at least it didn't for me. Should be resolved soon though.

I hope that doesn't happen!! But then again, I am not planning on buying anything soon until the Switch comes out, and even then I don't know if I will get it at launch.

bubumiao

I hope that doesn't happen!! But then again, I am not planning on buying anything soon until the Switch comes out, and even then I don't know if I will get it at launch.

Just keep an eye on your account for a couple of days and see if it activates. If you don't start seeing the prices for new games change from $59.99 to $47.99 then you'll need to go into the store or call and complain. Good luck.

I tried buying horizon zero dawn and god of war...showed a 24 dollar pro rated discount but when I pushed the order button it went away and I was paying the full 48 for each game...tried mass effect deluxe and rdr 2 and it stuck on that one. Maybe because it was over 100 bucks?

Combined the 3DS deal, the GCU discount and this and got myself 5 games for $95 shipping and taxes included. One of those games was Titanfall 2, both of the new Fire Emblems, Dishonored for the PS4, and Sega 3D Classics collection for the 3DS.

I still think I made a killing.

Instro

Had it working then I changed my mind and went back to the cart to switch one of the games for a different one and now the discount won't popup anymore. Lame.

I just ordered a bunch of LEGO Dimensions stuff a few minutes ago using the code. No problems getting it to work.

I'm considering trying to use the code again to pick up Horizon Zero Dawn + Days Gone...but given how fast game prices drop after release these days I'm not really too worried about it...I figure both will be available for $30 or less within a few months anyway.

The Ummah

Banned
Now I'm thinking about all the titles I could've pre-ordered, and cancelled if I changed my mind. Perfectly content with my RE7 and Horizon choices at those prices though. Plus they are right around the corner.

*knock on wood for Horizon*

Skrams

So my haul seems to be

The Last Guardian
FF15 Deluxe
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Batman VR
Resident Evil 7
Yakuza 0
Berserk Band of the Hawk
Persona 5 CE
Poochi and Yoshi's Wooly World 3DS
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Nier Automata
Overwatch for PC
Monster Hunter Generations
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Horizon Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption
Days Gone
Prey
For Honor
God of War
Spiderman
Death Stranding
FF7 Remake

I talked myself out of KH Collection, KH 2.8, KH3, Danganronpa Reload, and FF12. I won't play the Squeenix stuff at release, so I figured whatever. Wait until it's $20 as per usual. I own Danganronpa 1 and 2 on Vita and need to play them so I'll just wait if I care to repurchase Reload later.

On this list of stuff I'm ehhhh about maybe buying is For Honor and Days Gone. Everything else is a yeah sure until something seems off later.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So my haul seems to be

The Last Guardian
FF15 Deluxe
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Batman VR
Resident Evil 7
Yakuza 0
Berserk Band of the Hawk
Persona 5 CE
Poochi and Yoshi's Wooly World 3DS
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Nier Automata
Overwatch for PC
Monster Hunter Generations
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Horizon Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption
Days Gone
Prey
For Honor
God of War
Spiderman
Death Stranding
FF7 Remake

I talked myself out of KH Collection, KH 2.8, KH3, Danganronpa Reload, and FF12. I won't play the Squeenix stuff at release, so I figured whatever. Wait until it's $20 as per usual. I own Danganronpa 1 and 2 on Vita and need to play them so I'll just wait if I care to repurchase Reload later.

On this list of stuff I'm ehhhh about maybe buying is For Honor and Days Gone. Everything else is a yeah sure until something seems off later.

Jesus Christ, I think you've just dropped more for videogames in one transaction than I spend in a year, if not two.

That being said, I went with Paper Mario Color Splash, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and three Amiibos (FamiROB, Lucas, and Waluigi) which came out to $100.76, $75.76 after the $25 discount and $83.15 after tax.

I wasn't really in the mood to drop $83 on videogames but it was practically like getting the amiibo for free since it would have been $84.24 for just buying the two games without the promo.

Jesus Christ, I think you've just dropped more for videogames in one transaction than I spend in a year, if not two.

That being said, I went with Paper Mario Color Splash, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and three Amiibos (FamiROB, Lucas, and Waluigi) which came out to $100.76, $75.76 after the $25 discount and $83.15 after tax.

I wasn't really in the mood to drop $83 on videogames but it was practically like getting the amiibo for free since it would have been $84.24 for just buying the two games without the promo.

Wait aren't those games $60 each, so $48 before tax? How did it come out to $100.76?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Wait aren't those games $60 each, so $48 before tax? How did it come out to $100.76?

Paper Mario Color Splash - $47.99 (GCU Discount)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions - $28.80 (GCU Discount + Buy 1, Get 1 40% Off Sale)
Waluigi Amiibo - $7.99 (Sale + GCU Discount)
FamiROB Amiibo - $7.99 (Sale + GCU Discount)
Lucas Amiibo - $7.99 (Sale + GCU Discount)

Subtotal $100.76

-$25 Visa Offer

$75.76

+ $7.39 Tax

Grand Total $83.15

Paper Mario Color Splash - $47.99 (GCU Discount)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions - $28.80 (GCU Discount + Buy 1, Get 1 40% Off Sale)
Waluigi Amiibo - $7.99 (Sale + GCU Discount)
FamiROB Amiibo - $7.99 (Sale + GCU Discount)
Lucas Amiibo - $7.99 (Sale + GCU Discount)

Subtotal $100.76

-$25 Visa Offer

$75.76

+ $7.39 Tax

Grand Total $83.15

Oh shit, forgot about the B1G1 40% off. I would have jumped on this :(

I was debating making a second order but there was little else expensive enough to get me up to $100 and I'd be tossing a bunch of filler items in there.

I might nab two $30 games before the week's up though.

Yeah, I wanted to get tokyo mirage since I haven't seen it on sale and something else. Paper mario and pokken are $40 at target so I'm less worried about them.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Yeah, I wanted to get tokyo mirage since I haven't seen it on sale and something else. Paper mario and pokken are $40 at target so I'm less worried about them.

Ideally I wanted the 2016 Mario & Sonic olympics title as it's seemingly disappeared overnight and I missed it when Target had their B2G1F sale, but it's no longer listed on Best Buy's site.

pre ordered horizon zero dawn ce (again) and nier automata

where does it show the $25 off on the checkout page?

i dont think it applied when i used visa checkout

pre ordered horizon zero dawn ce (again) and nier automata

where does it show the $25 off on the checkout page?

i dont think it applied when i used visa checkout
Should have shown up twice. Somewhere on the left it says coupon code something something and you should see the $25 being taken off the price.

Deal is over so if you're trying to do it now it's too late.

Top Bottom