• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Kthulhu

Futaba's confidant benefits are probably some of the most OP in the series for a navigator. Some of these are boarder line broken.

AkumaNiko

Maxed out Kawakami but saved the romance option for Ann.

I'm a godamned Fool.

u5GgKiq.jpg

I just want to say how happy I am that there are so many older women Confidants. Age gap pairings with an older woman is my favourite kind of romance pairing.

LotusHD

Banned
Maxed out Makoto. Her
evolved Persona isn't that bad... I guess.

EDIT:

Maxed out Tae's S-link just now too. Jfc that little girl sounds awful

TrueBlue

Maxed/romamced Ann today. Her story is a little bit aimless but it's pleasant enough - you can tell the majority of her development went into the main narrative.

KraytarJ

Maxed out Makoto and Futaba earlier. Romanced Makoto, and friend zoned Futaba. While I don't really regret it since Makoto is great, essentially rejecting Futaba hurts my soul.

Maxed/romamced Ann today. Her story is a little bit aimless but it's pleasant enough - you can tell the majority of her development went into the main narrative.

well that's true for many of the leads. Yusuke, Haru and Futaba are examples of good social links that are very personal and develops their character the best imho.

Kurumi

Maxed out Makoto and Futaba earlier. Romanced Makoto, and friend zoned Futaba. While I don't really regret it since Makoto is great, essentially rejecting Futaba hurts my soul.

I'll admit I felt the same way about friend zoning Futaba. She's so adorable and she reminds me so much of how I used to be.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I opt to see the Harem route Valentine's Day on YouTube since I just can't seem to find it in my heart to become a heartless bastard and it is something that I will never do in any of my playthroughs.

Mannnn, that's rough, although I chuckled at Ann straight-forwardly called the MC a dick, lol.

I'll admit I felt the same way about friend zoning Futaba. She's so adorable and she reminds me so much of how I used to be.

Haru takes the cake for me. You can see it clearly that she's crushed and despondent when the MC is not returning her feelings, hahah. At least the other girls seem to just take it in strides, but not her though.

Haru is for sure the worst one. It's basically:

Haru: "Hey MC-kun, I...I really never had a good male figure in my life as they all either controlled me or used me or didn't care about my feelings so you being super supportive and always being there for me makes me really happy that you came into my life and taught me to like myself and who I am. I think maybe...I dunno...I feel safe around you"
Harry Potter: "What was that, sorry, I was looking at this picture my supermodel girlfriend Ann texted me from her latest photoshoot where she's in a bathing suit mashing her titties together, what were you saying?"
Haru: "N-nothing...it was d-dumb, forget it..."

Then she goes to her room and cries for a while while muttering "s-stupid" under her breath.

Jesus Christ I just legitimately made myself sad typing all that out. Fuck.

Guess I know who I'm romancing next playthrough.

Ryuji's Max Confidant is goddamn amazing. He's a total bro and way better than Yosuke.

Ann's is pretty aimless but Rank 9 was pretty emotional for me.

Also Yusuke is the best Confidant/SL in this series, had me fucking laughing. He totally owns his avant garde artist eccentric side and it's amazing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Also fuck making Futaba cries during Valentine's day, and even having her dad lied to her afterwards about how she's special for the MC.

YOU PEOPLE CHOOSING TO GO HAREM ROUTE ARE AWFULLLLLLLL.

Jocund

Sealed the deal with Futaba. The scene played out better than I thought it would.

Sojiro gonna cook me into his next batch of curry

EDIT: Good lord. I am not looking forward to turning Haru down.

KraytarJ

It really sucked for me because I got to Futaba 8 right after I had just committed to Makoto. Legit made me reconsider my decision.

Zephyx

Haru is for sure the worst one. It's basically:

Haru: "Hey MC-kun, I...I really never had a good male figure in my life as they all either controlled me or used me or didn't care about my feelings so you being super supportive and always being there for me makes me really happy that you came into my life and taught me to like myself and who I am. I think maybe...I dunno...I feel safe around you"
Harry Potter: "What was that, sorry, I was looking at this picture my supermodel girlfriend Ann texted me from her latest photoshoot where she's in a bathing suit mashing her titties together, what were you saying?"
Haru: "N-nothing...it was d-dumb, forget it..."

Then she goes to her room and cries for a while while muttering "s-stupid" under her breath.

Jesus Christ I just legitimately made myself sad typing all that out. Fuck.

Guess I know who I'm romancing next playthrough.

Reading this made me feel bad. I plan to commit Haru on my first playthrough as I liked her art more than the other characters. I already rejected Temperance and Death. Why does she have to come so late though? :(

Jintor

Hermit lvl 8
It is total bullshit you can't just straight tell Futaba she's family, especially if you've finished Sojiro's link

Stalwart

I haven't gotten up to any romance scenes yet, but is there seriously no repercussions for dating everyone?

There's a <5 minute scene near the end where
all the girls you cheated on beat you up after confronting you. This has no consequence though as they're all back to googly-eyes lovey-dovey the next day.

There's a <5 minute scene near the end where
all the girls you cheated on beat you up after confronting you. This has no consequence though as they're all back to googly-eyes lovey-dovey the next day.

That's because
Sojiro more like SojiBRO am I right? He lies for you to cover it all up. They each think they're your one and only. It's worth it, if only to hear Haru's voice crack under the strain of her contempt. "Please, take my chocolate BEFORE I CRUSH IT."

The entire scene is hilarious except Futaba.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I haven't gotten up to any romance scenes yet, but is there seriously no repercussions for dating everyone?

You make Futaba cries, Ann calling you a dick, Haru seethes with anger, Makoto chiding you... and you even make Sojiro lied to her daughter about you cheating on everyone....

Anyone doing it is a heartless bastard and a monster.

Man, I feel bad for the S. Links I won't get to complete on this playthrough. Iwai, specifically, feels so bad-ass and sketchy. Ohya seems kinda eh, and I don't think I have enough time to finish Chihaya's story. I think I fucked up by spreading myself too thin without a guide.

Stalwart

That's because
Sojiro more like SojiBRO am I right? He lies for you to cover it all up. They each think they're your one and only. It's worth it, if only to hear Haru's voice crack under the strain of her contempt. "Please, take my chocolate BEFORE I CRUSH IT."

Sojibro indeed. Kinda funny that he isn't pissed at you if you cheat on Futaba though.

But some of the friendship paths to 10 hurt a heart. :(

LADIES. I'M SORRY. YOU'RE ALL GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL.

This is why I date all of them, there's no real reason not to and a lot of the platonic ends are just a downer.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's because

Sojiro is truly the best bro.

I'm not sure what's worse: the girls suddenly declaring their love for you after giving no hints for 8-9 ranks or rejecting the girls who obviously have crushes on you.

Top Bottom