• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

Dreweyes

umCwOl.jpg

plc268

Some more retro game goodness:

8148162772_29a7ca38bb_c.jpg

SNES Mini modded for RGB output. Also picked up the SFC version of some games that sell for way cheaper than what I could get the american carts for. I still have some more coming in the mail here in the coming weeks.

8138817678_afe5572212_z.jpg

A scaler for my monitor. It's called SLG-in-a-box. It takes rgb scart and component inputs, upscales it, and adds realistic scanlines to the image. It cost me a pretty penny, but still cheaper than an xrgb. Also, a scart cable for the SNES.

8148129045_8f766edf16_z.jpg

This one isn't REALLY a pickup, as I've had this for a while. What is it? It's an official SNES controller, that I modded for USB. But what's interesting, is that there's a 4gb flash inside holding roms/save games. The games and saves go where ever the controller goes. But that's old.

What's new, is that I bought some cheap junky snes controller for the wii, and I noticed it had the SFC style colored buttons, but with one major difference: it still had the NA style concave Y/X. So with a little modification to the buttons, they now reside in this controller. They're not as shiny as the real SFC buttons though, oh well.

8138817678_afe5572212_z.jpg

A scaler for my monitor. It's called SLG-in-a-box. It takes rgb scart and component inputs, upscales it, and adds realistic scanlines to the image. It cost me a pretty penny, but still cheaper than an xrgb. Also, a scart cable for the SNES.
cannot stop staring/having minor panic attack over the bare L4D disc sitting with the readable side down.

plc268

cannot stop staring/having minor panic attack over the bare L4D disc sitting with the readable side down.

Yea, I'm using it as a coaster. It's the pc version that's already linked to steam, so I have no need for the disc anymore.

Regardless, I've always stored loose discs with the readable side down. As long as the disc doesn't slide across the surface, you're not going to scratch anything. It bothers me immensely when I see people do it the other way around, which just attracts dust and all other random crap.

Some more retro game goodness:

8148129045_8f766edf16_z.jpg

This one isn't REALLY a pickup, as I've had this for a while. What is it? It's an official SNES controller, that I modded for USB. But what's interesting, is that there's a 4gb flash inside holding roms/save games. The games and saves go where ever the controller goes. But that's old.

What's new, is that I bought some cheap junky snes controller for the wii, and I noticed it had the SFC style colored buttons, but with one major difference: it still had the NA style concave Y/X. So with a little modification to the buttons, they now reside in this controller. They're not as shiny as the real SFC buttons though, oh well.

So when you plug in the SNES controller, does it mount the flash memory along with registering as a game controller? If so, that's damn slick, and I want to see a build log.

plc268

So when you plug in the SNES controller, does it mount the flash memory along with registering as a game controller? If so, that's damn slick, and I want to see a build log.

Yep.

I'll post the pictures of the internals and a guide that I used(if I can still find it) later when I get off work.

FStop7

Banned
Nice sale at Fry's. LG 47LM6200 (47", passive 3D, Smart, 120hz, edge LED, 1080p, 4 HDMI inputs) for $489. Normal price is $900.

Coworker and I each grabbed one before they sold out.

ijHH9OmjFXSFW.JPG

LiK

Nice sale at Fry's. LG 47LM6200 (47", passive 3D, Smart, 120hz, edge LED, 1080p, 4 HDMI inputs) for $489. Normal price is $900.

ijHH9OmjFXSFW.JPG

fucking hell, great deal. no Frys here :(

canocha

Finally bought it!

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
2Luez.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
gnvCl.jpg

ihKuM.jpg

And Lost Kingdoms
piw3M.jpg

Wiz

ijHH9OmjFXSFW.JPG

I bought one of these a few weeks ago from WalMart for about $600. Great pickup!

Picked up some stuff for my wife:
7AdKE.jpg

hKTMp.jpg

Haven't gotten Skylanders Giants for her yet.

And of course, I had get get mine:

zhL0v.jpg

They never gave me my steel case for pre-ordering so they threw in the shirt for free. Better deal, Methinks.

I called around yesterday to a lot of places and finally found this at the last store in the entire state to have one:

wDnJt.jpg

This thing is HUGE!

csJpd.jpg

FStop7

Banned
I bought one of these a few weeks ago from WalMart for about $600. Great pickup!

That's a pretty good deal.

fucking hell, great deal. no Frys here :(

It's sitting next to me right now, I'm trying to decide how I want to set it up. I'm pretty excited, this is my first new TV purchase in years. I've had a pretty basic 32" 720p LCD I paid $700 for since 2008. It's amazing how much cheaper displays have become since then. Also, the fact I carried a 47" TV into my house rather effortlessly blows. my. mind. I had a 36" CRT back in the day and I had to borrow an SUV plus bribe 3 friends to help me bring it home.

I am thinking about using the 32" as a donor for a Kraylix cabinet.

Izick

I love my iPad, but it's not a laptop replacement if you do a lot of work on your laptop. It's more of an aid.

I don't really work on my laptop though. I'd say 90% is browsing/watching videos, and 10% typing up papers for school.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Does this count as a pickup?

rFYgBl.jpg

My car burned to the fucking ground. On my way home from work, I was on the freeway for about 2 minutes when smoke started coming out of my vents. Pulled over, popped the hood, and flames shot out about 8-10 feet high. By the time firefighters got there, it was gone. Dammit GM.

No idea what caused it. Car worked perfectly.

But now I can at least see that hood release latch. I could never find that thing before...

Guess I'll be posting new car pictures soon.

haikira

rFYgBl.jpg

My car burned to the fucking ground. On my way home from work, I was on the freeway for about 2 minutes when smoke started coming out of my vents. Pulled over, popped the hood, and flames shot out about 8-10 feet high. By the time firefighters got there, it was gone. Dammit GM.

But now I can at least see that hood release latch. I could never find that thing before...

Jesus >.<

Sorry dude.

I've finally reached one of my collection goals!
IMG_6739.png

Dandelion Game Boy Color. This thing was in ROUGH condition. You can still see all the gouges and dirt and stuff and this picture is from AFTER cleaning it. Missing the battery door. With this, I now own all six original flavors of the GBC released in the US.

IMG_6741.png

Another Atomic Purple GBC. This came with the above one as a set. Speaker is busted, and appears to have water damage. I'll have to fix that sometime.

IMG_6742.png

Missing battery door, but has one from a Lime GBC. Not a big issue since I already have an atomic purple in good condition. This one is going in the "secondary game boys" drawer for use for OTHER THINGS anyway.

IMG_6743.png

IMG_6744.png

Closeups of what appears to be rust inside the game boy from water damage. The speaker is all brown from what I assume is rust as well.

IMG_6745.png

Also came with a GBASP charger which is good because I need another one. All of this came in a game boy case (not pictured) which I'm probably going to throw away. I have a lot of game boy cases. They're all pretty disgus--

What's this?
IMG_6765.png

Secret bonus! This was inside the game boy case. The product description didn't list this!
I tried playing it and surprisingly this game isn't [as] terrible [as you'd think]. It's kind of like a low budget ripoff of The Lost Vikings.

IMG_6778.png

Battery door for the GBC.

IMG_6779.png

Like the other one, it's not a perfect color match, but it'll do. I'll keep looking around for another dandelion gbc in better condition, but for now, this'll work.

IMG_6787.png

CIB Pokemon Pinball. I already have a copy but this was $5 so I couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately missing the battery door.

IMG_6788.png

Lime GBC. I already have one of these (my first, original GBC from the 90s was one of these) but it has ~sentimental value~ so I'm not putting it with the Collection GBCs. Came with working AA batteries! ...with a 2010 expiration date. Better throw them away.

IMG_6789.png

Bonus! Came with a free copy of Mario Tennis. I already have a copy but this game is great so who cares.

IMG_6792.png

BEEN HAD GAMEBOY COLORS

rFYgBl.jpg

Damn dude! At least no one was hurt.

Big-ass Ramp

http://i.minus.com/ijHH9OmjFXSFW.JPG[/im][/QUOTE]

omg I wish we had a Frys so so bad. All I've got is Best buy... ugh... That is a sweet deal.

[quote="haikira, post: 43911341"]Jesus >.<

Sorry dude.[/QUOTE]

[quote="comedy bomb, post: 43911556"]Damn dude! At least no one was hurt.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much both of you. I've hit a zen acceptance about it right now. It's too unbelievable for me to actually believe.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I have no idea what to say. That's completely insane, but it's good to hear you weren't hurt.

BEEN HAD GAMEBOY COLORS
That's beautiful.

Big-ass Ramp

I have no idea what to say. That's completely insane, but it's good to hear you weren't hurt.

Thanks, you guy are helping me feel better. Seriously appreciate it.

Here's a close up on the engine bay:

8rXOvl.jpg

Anything that wasn't metal is completely gone. Melted to the ground. First time for me to notice, but that front motor mount is melted too.

Linkhero1

@Vipeshark. I've always wanted to collect all the GBC, but don't have the necessary funds to do so :(

Finally bought it!

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
http://i.imgur.com/2Luez.jpg[IMG]

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gnvCl.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ihKuM.jpg[IMG]

And Lost Kingdoms
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/piw3M.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club of great taste. Fantastic pickups my man.

toon_link

Thanks, you guy are helping me feel better. Seriously appreciate it.

Here's a close up on the engine bay:

8rXOvl.jpg

Anything that wasn't metal is completely gone. Melted to the ground. First time for me to notice, but that front motor mount is melted too.
Damn thats scary. I remember when I was younger we were at the mall and a truck that was the same make and model as ours had burst into flames only a couple parking spots away. Apparently some Ford Expeditions had a defect with the speed control deactivation switch in which it would stay on and in some cases lead to fires even when the ignition was off. We had it fixed within the week.
Glad to hear you were unharmed

ijHH9OmjFXSFW.JPG

The really is a great deal, I almost want to go buy one one principle of it being so inexpensive lol, already have some panny VT's, and Kuros, but that price is hot. Maybe grab one for my mom. San Diego fry's I'm omw lol

jbueno

rFYgBl.jpg

Are you OK? I hope it was just the car that suffered damages.

Top Bottom