• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY NEOGAF!

Often imitated... Never duplicated....

Wow. When I first started this thread SIX years ago, I never thought it would become a monthly tradition nor did I think it would amass the amount of views that it has.

Since 2006, my life has changed a lot. Looking back at this stuff, it is a telling tale of my journey and my successes... my future.

I love video games and sharing information/knowledge with like minds.

In fact, I've met a few people at events that tell me... 'hey MarkMan, I'm from NeoGAF... I love the pick up thread!'

HOW COOL IS THAT!?

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

6609858139_e6010a2877_b.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

October was rough on me. I had 2 weeks to spend at home and then travel like mad. This is going to go on for the rest of the year. Gotta tough it out. I'm here to make shit happen.

Here's what I got in October... + some pics from events!

ed19216a144d11e2868f22000a1f97ea_7.jpg

My Insert Coin(s) clothing TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Hoodie! OMG I love it.

641c0dfe125511e2ba6922000a1fb733_7.jpg

New Balance 574s. My favorite kicks for when I travel (which is a lot).

a8349a5623cb11e2b46022000a1fb37a_7.jpg

Awesome gals showing off some of my toys ;)

aa68c6b01c7f11e2a23c22000a1de655_7.jpg

A photo my friend took for a special FightStick X Girls photoshoot project he's working on. <3

Man. I've been so busy in October. That's all I got :(

What'd you get? If anyone wants to see more pics of my adventures, please follow me on twitter: @MarkMan23 or instagram @MarkMan23 ! If you don't have instagram, you can still follow me on instagrid !

LiK

Wow, I want a calendar for that Fightstick x Girls. Let us know when there's more pics! ;D

Bought these last weekend, but wanted to wait until the November topic to post them here

XPjXGl.jpg
8vx23l.jpg

Nothing like owning a part of something that you loved since you was a child. Cost me $150 each

1829Bl.jpg

This cost me $75

Worth every single penny

SUPARSTARX

Doing it right for a 6th anniversary pick ups.

MCZ SFxT VS Stix. Waiting on Arthong plexi and my artwork.
8143856460_4782e434c4_c.jpg

Sneak peak for artwork; inspired by the MCZ TTT2 TE-S artwork. It was actually really difficult to work with Bruce Lee pictures because they are all very old and hard to find in clear resolutions and resizeable formats. Had to do some improvising and touch ups on the pictures to make them more presentable in a collage.
b7NB5.jpg

Kotobukiya Harley Quinn Bishoujo
8143824989_1281045c63_c.jpg

Persona 4 Arena Artworks:
8143824855_f674e5c76a_c.jpg

8143824759_382b190524_z.jpg

Yes Boss!

Yay for a new month!

It is my birthday in November and a big move so hopefully I'll get some good stuff this month. Need some new sticks and Indian movies. Hopefully the new Wii U stick will be revealed shortly!

Everybody needs to buy Dodonpachi Maximum for iOS. GOTY.

Thanks for the great thread MM.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
merry christmas to me!

img_0101w9jhk.jpg

it's so hard to find a saturn with no yellowing or other grossness these days. i think i did pretty well. it's a bit useless to me until my scart cable/converter gets here though, just a pretty lump of plastic. :)

also, my third copy of dark souls!

img_0111a6kyu.jpg

JEKKI

one of the greatest pickups of all time!!!

08e003e222fd11e2aee522000a9f15b9_7.jpg

spicy fruti gomas!!

contrasted with one of the worst pick ups of all time...

4d9861d423f011e2a3b222000a1dea20_7.jpg

my frikken car insurance!!

merry christmas to me!

img_0101w9jhk.jpg

it's so hard to find a saturn with no yellowing or other grossness these days. i think i did pretty well. it's a bit useless to me until my scart cable/converter gets here though, just a pretty lump of plastic. :)

img_0111a6kyu.jpg

Is that new Dark Souls a limited edition? Looks chunky!

lordimmortal

Neo Member
merry christmas to me!

img_0101w9jhk.jpg

img_0111a6kyu.jpg

Sweet pick up love my Saturn brilliant pad for fighters :)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Genesis: The Punisher(pretty rare had to drop a few ducketts on this one), Chiki Chiki Boys
chikichikipunisher.jpg

Genesis: Fight Through Time Tyrants, OutRun
tyrantsoutrun.jpg

PS1: Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Dark Stone
bloodomendarkstone.jpg

PS1: Starwars: Dark Forces
starwarsdarkforces.jpg

Saroyan

Bought these last weekend, but wanted to wait until the November topic to post them here

XPjXGl.jpg
8vx23l.jpg

Nothing like owning a part of something that you loved since you was a child. Cost me $150 each

1829Bl.jpg

This cost me $75

Worth every single penny

Those are awesome.

SoulClap

Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless keyboard (blue switches) and Nexus Basic case fan

i2SNq1BaB3Dmn.jpg

I'm switching from a Das Professional to the Filco. I love the space I'm saving on the desktop going tenkeyless and the keys feel better on the Filco. My only complaint is there is a faint ringing sound when you type on them. I had a hell of a time deciding between brown and blue switches as well. Next mechanical keyboard I might try brown.

Garryk

Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless keyboard (blue switches) and Nexus Basic case fan

i2SNq1BaB3Dmn.jpg

I'm switching from a Das Professional to the Filco. I love the space I'm saving on the desktop going tenkeyless and the keys feel better on the Filco. My only complaint is there is a faint ringing sound when you type on them. I had a hell of a time deciding between brown and blue switches as well. Next mechanical keyboard I might try brown.
Nice. I want one of these, but I don't know where to get them in the US. Are you in the US?

sikkinixx

8145010051_7e4c16760f.jpg

Had to make a mad rush out to get pants on the cheap, found these wonderfully comfy Banana Republic ones for $20 on clearance.

So a quick hem and off to the big interview...

8145024974_df8587b56d.jpg

Which, holy flurking shnit, got me a real job! I'm like... a teacher (okay substitute to start) I'll get in a pay period before the Wii U comes out too. Awww shit. An hour commute sucks, but at least its an hour of against-the-traffic highway driving.

I though they could tell because of the achievements.

it looks like im fucked anyway. i cant play as its not letting me save saying "no free space available" even though i have 57GB free. i lost 2 hours playing and im not gonna bother going back till i can go online...fucking useless.

Shadow780

Another FFVII art, slowly tracking them down, up to 5 now. Those things are a pain to ship.

JAjvjl.jpg

p8Fjxl.jpg

ZOEHD Month! Another highlight is the Tour De Japon DVD from Uematsu Fan Club

mkCXnl.jpg

wtYObl.jpg

Azzurri

Hopefully I can find a WiiU and post it, if not I guess my Note 2 coming at the end of November will do, lol.

mkenyon

Banned
Alright, I have my FINAL X79/2011 build completed. No more tinkering until IvyBridge-E is out. Part list:

Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL
Processor - Intel i7 3820
RAM - 4x4GB Corsair LP White
Motherboard - G1 Assassin 2 X79
Graphics - 3x EVGA GTX 670 4GB
SSD - 2x Crucial M4 128GB
PSU - Corsair AX850
Fans - BitFenix Spectre Pro White 120mm
CPU Block - EK Supremacy Nickel
VGA Blocks - EK 670 Nickel w/ backplates and triple serial SLI bridge
Pump - Alphacool VPP655 D5 Vario
Res - XSPC Dual Bay D5
Tubing - Duralene 7/16"x5/8"
Fittings - Monsoon Compression w/ 45 and 90 degree adapters
Radiators - Alphacool ST30 360mm, Alphacool Monsta 240mm
Coolant - Mayhem's Pastel Green w/ blue and yellow dye added for the right shade

First time working with a tripod. Can definitely improve a little bit, might go for a second round now that I've learned a few things. For the DSLR pros in the thread, some criticism/tips would be greatly appreciated. Computer Pron!

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

Top Bottom