• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

Ban Puncher

Does this count as a pickup?

rFYgBl.jpg

My car burned to the fucking ground. On my way home from work, I was on the freeway for about 2 minutes when smoke started coming out of my vents. Pulled over, popped the hood, and flames shot out about 8-10 feet high. By the time firefighters got there, it was gone. Dammit GM.

No idea what caused it. Car worked perfectly.

But now I can at least see that hood release latch. I could never find that thing before...

Guess I'll be posting new car pictures soon.

Holy fuck balls dude, I know we're not supposed to criticise other people's pick ups but that shit don't look like it'll buff out.

Look on the bright side though - New Car Shopping Time!

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Holy fuck balls dude, I know we're not supposed to criticise other people's pick ups but that shit don't look like it'll buff out.

Haha, that's exactly what the highway patrolman said to me.

Ehh, I hate car shopping. Especially in my neck of the woods, car salesmen are snakes. New car time will be fun though.

Wubby

Thanks, you guy are helping me feel better. Seriously appreciate it.

Here's a close up on the engine bay:

8rXOvl.jpg

Anything that wasn't metal is completely gone. Melted to the ground. First time for me to notice, but that front motor mount is melted too.

What type of car was that? Is the roots type supercharger stock or was it aftermarket? Looks like you had a leak develop in the fuel line.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
What type of car was that? Is the roots type supercharger stock or was it aftermarket? Looks like you had a leak develop in the fuel line.

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Competition Spec. So yeah, that's a stock supercharger on a 3.8l V6. Fully loaded, man. Chrome 18", heads up display, leather heated seats. LOVED the car.

You're thinking fuel line? How would I have noticed a leak develop? Would there have been a smell of fuel or anything like that? Because I didn't notice anything different today than when I bought it new. But with the intensity of the fire, I would not be surprised that is was gasoline.

Thank you!! I absolutely love these.

I don't really work on my laptop though. I'd say 90% is browsing/watching videos, and 10% typing up papers for school.

How do you like it so far? I'm curious as to if I can replace my laptop all together with one.

It is amazing, one of my best tech purchases ever, but it could not replace my Lenovo X220. But in your case it might work, as long as you don't like to watch those videos and browse the web at the same time. Also the battery life seems amazing, retina is amazing, and the speed is amazing (am coming from a 4th gen Touch).

Yasawas

That SNES controller is sweet, I'd be interested in turning one of my Super Famicom controllers into one as the cords are so short I just immediately replaced them with PAL SNES ones.

This week I have been getting into PS2 eBay auctions, sorting by "ending soonest" and seeing what I can get cheap. Quite a bit as it happens, only two have turned up so far but of these at least one is great and the other has to be worth the 32 pence. Maybe.

UIrgc.jpg

And some more things for the SFC collection. I adored Doom as a small person and you don't see it too often so I had to pick it up, Another World I've never played but always fancied it, Mario Kart is Mario Kart and Umihara Kawase was a long-term target in that condition at a decent price.

qvQ6Z.jpg

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Picks from the last week got some great stuff as it was my birthday :)

My 2 best mates got me Taiko Drum Master: The Seven Island Adventure & the stand I'm now a Drum Master cheers boys. Also picked up the Halo 4 controller it looks brilliant but more to the point it has blue LED's & while picking that up they had the little Halo figs 2 for $5.

My awesome misses got the 4th gen iPad & my mum got me the Red Leather cover.

New spidie which looks awesome best Blu-ray yet & traded some old crap at EB and got NFS.

Got my order from Amazon with 999 about time I had it and the misses finished her Skylanders collection off with these & a Perplexus Epic.

Finally my cake Tim Tam cookies & Cream :)

So I bought my wife's Christmas gift (and almost a iPad mini)...

DSC_0064.jpg

Her Macbook is long in the tooth and she's overdue for an upgrade. She's going to be surprised, as she was talking to me about buying a iMac for the office in the summer.

I also picked this up

DSC_0062.jpg

I'm moving our 64" Samsung into the basement and I needed a replacement for the main floor.

Sushigod7

Bought it yesterday, played for four hours, got banned, got unbanned, played for another couple of hours. Slept. Woke up. Had Frosties and back yo playing.

At this point shouldn't MS stop banning people? It seems to be sold early in a lot of places and they are creating more work for customer service having to take all the calls/emails to unban. Whatever floats their boat I guess. That packaging is awesome.

Snookie

Pickup of my life

KcJeJ.jpg

Pond in the backyard and it backs up to a nature park with a trail

oh and i had to get this (Panny 60GT50)
vDZq6.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
8148129045_8f766edf16_z.jpg

This one isn't REALLY a pickup, as I've had this for a while. What is it? It's an official SNES controller, that I modded for USB. But what's interesting, is that there's a 4gb flash inside holding roms/save games. The games and saves go where ever the controller goes. But that's old.

What's new, is that I bought some cheap junky snes controller for the wii, and I noticed it had the SFC style colored buttons, but with one major difference: it still had the NA style concave Y/X. So with a little modification to the buttons, they now reside in this controller. They're not as shiny as the real SFC buttons though, oh well.

Make me one!

Izick

I just noticed the guy is banned, but maybe someone else can link me to his Bebop wallpaper?

It is amazing, one of my best tech purchases ever, but it could not replace my Lenovo X220. But in your case it might work, as long as you don't like to watch those videos and browse the web at the same time. Also the battery life seems amazing, retina is amazing, and the speed is amazing (am coming from a 4th gen Touch).

ACPOb.gif

That's actually one of the things I love to do the most...that's not good.

Ramblin

Banned
Pickup of my life

KcJeJ.jpg

Pond in the backyard and it backs up to a nature park with a trail

oh and i had to get this (Panny 60GT50)
vDZq6.jpg

That's nice and all but my shitty over-priced apartment is beside yapping dogs, above a brain dead broad who doesn't know how to turn her subwoofer down, and below a mid-life crisis mr. fixit that can't comprehend how well sound travels in these old building when he's ramming his moaning old lady, thankfully that rarely lasts for more than a minute. I dream your life.

plc268

Yep.

I'll post the pictures of the internals and a guide that I used(if I can still find it) later when I get off work.

As promised, here's the guide I followed (the pictures are all missing though).
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=35526

Basically, inside the controller, the USB cable goes to a usb hub, which is wired to a flash drive and also wired to a board that connects to the snes pad. Here's a pic of mine for reference:

8151184997_3b6f650e30_z.jpg

The big board on the right is the USB hub (which is basically this, but gutted: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZD3XYC/?tag=neogaf0e-20). The small board on the top, under the black usb cable, is the flash drive with the usb connector removed, and on the left is the board that I got from retrozone that converts the snes controller to USB.

All in all, it's a pretty simple mod, and I'd be willing to do it for other people for a small fee (provided you provide the parts).

Linkhero1

As promised, here's the guide I followed (the pictures are all missing though).
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=35526

Basically, inside the controller, the USB cable goes to a usb hub, which is wired to a flash drive and also wired to a board that connects to the snes pad. Here's a pic of mine for reference:

8151184997_3b6f650e30_z.jpg

The big board on the right is the USB hub (which is basically this, but gutted: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZD3XYC/?tag=neogaf0e-20). The small board on the top, under the black usb cable, is the flash drive with the usb connector removed, and on the left is the board that I got from retrozone that converts the snes controller to USB.

All in all, it's a pretty simple mod, and I'd be willing to do it for other people for a small fee (provided you provide the parts).
I really wanted to do this at one point, but I feel bad doing that to a SNES controller :(

Loxley

yep, I'm alright. Thanks :) Just got some arm hair singed off and some melted plastic on my shirt.

As others have said, glad you weren't hurt dude. Sounds like you were a minute away from a full-on explosion if you hadn't pulled the car over when you did.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Well, ran into some car issues on Monday. With a busy work week ahead, other problems looming, and just an eagerness to take care of the problem; I took the keys to a new (to me) Jeep Liberty Limited a few days ago. Love it! Hope it treats me well :)

8151537334_d80a97d006_c.jpg

8151548356_dfee2610ff_c.jpg

8151521719_3baae94df3_c.jpg

Grabbed some new cleaning supplies to compliment what I had to give it a nice wash, clay-ing, and wax:

8151518385_551770444f_c.jpg

Oh yeah... and video games! ;p

8151539896_48cf14a527_c.jpg

My 40GB PS3 died last week so I waited for the new AC3 bundle to come out this week. I called this morning and they said they had 10. I get there and the guy meant 10 RESERVED. Fortunately they had the Uncharted bundle and I needed to save some cash anyway so I got that instead.

I also got ZOEHD earlier this week

Grief.exe

Some of these are from October but I never posted them.

Got hitman and JC2 for like $1.30 each on amazon, playing through walking dead and GO right now they are awesome.

ibgFN2YzutXdbG.png

Got me some delicious pumpkin beer to celebrate my test grades.

j5Nlo1bY0QZPn.png

Gf got me the first walking dead comic.

jdPIVjP1mdPzM.png

Top Bottom