• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Voice Cast Trailer & GAF Plymouth Rock Town Meeting

Derrick01

Banned
PLEASE tell me evilore's doing the OT for this. There's too much amazing material waiting to be molded together, way more than DA2.

Vire

yzTzM.png

lolz

Subitai

FemShep! Everyone else, no matter how good, is just supporting.

Edit: Oh yeah. Freddy is in there for the ladies. You know, the way Kaiden and Jacob were.

Or to look at it another way, why does every character in a story have to be likable by you? We wouldn't appreciate sweet and salty as much without bitter and sour.

Time to step up your marketing game Bioware, ya'll can't be outclassed (out-assed?) by mo-fuckin' PopCap!

"We know there've been... rumors, but we just wanted to set things straight, here.... in actual in-game fact... you CAN fuck a Reaper. Boom. That's that end game reveal, but PopCap forced our hand here... you press a button of awesome to fuck a Reaper. It's genius. The Tali people will be going apeshit. Where's my bonus?"

CortanaV

Neo Member
I love how people (more specifically, the whiny-ass BSN and Tumblr) were bitching to high heaven over Ashley's outfit. Diana's portrait makes it look like she's in a sports bra.

Talk about peek-a-boob.

Derrick01

Banned
It is sad cause shes quite attractive in real life but they didnt capture it at all. But the tank top is still ugly as sin too.

Yeah she definitely fell victim to Bioware's awful face machine. She's very beautiful in reality, plus from the 1 podcast I heard with her on it she seems to actually know something about video games. Unlike certain other former games media people...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Funny that you can
romance chobot
in the game... xD

8674tx

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/720362/mass-effect-3-jessica-chobot-talks-romance/

"Last I heard, I am one of the 'romanceable' characters in the game," Chobot said. "I think you can bring me on the Normandy, I think you have the option of kicking me off too. I’m not sure if that’s before or after you romance me, so we might have a Jersey Shore moment. I think you can romance me with a man or a woman. We’ll see when the game comes out," Chobot added.

thats fuckin hot

PLEASE tell me evilore's doing the OT for this. There's too much amazing material waiting to be molded together, way more than DA2.

I sure as hell hope he isn't doing a shit mountain style OT for this. DA2 was a half-assed cash grab. Whatever you think about the direction Mass Effect is taking, there's twice as much effort going into it.

More well considered criticism, less shit mountain please.

CortanaV

Neo Member
Funny that you can
romance chobot
in the game... xD

8674tx

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/720362/mass-effect-3-jessica-chobot-talks-romance/

"Last I heard, I am one of the 'romanceable' characters in the game," Chobot said. "I think you can bring me on the Normandy, I think you have the option of kicking me off too. I’m not sure if that’s before or after you romance me, so we might have a Jersey Shore moment. I think you can romance me with a man or a woman. We’ll see when the game comes out," Chobot added.

That's not even the same goddamn facial structure. Diana is not Jessica. She's Snooki.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yeah she definitely fell victim to Bioware's awful face machine. She's very beautiful in reality, plus from the 1 podcast I heard with her on it she seems to actually know something about video games. Unlike certain other former games media people...

Yeah she always seemed actually interested in games and shit and wasnt dumb as a stump, at least no more than your average gaming journalist. She also appears to do a shit ton of stuff beyond hosting a few shows, so shes not just a pretty face that stands in front of a camera.

And Im a little surprised they did such a bad job on her ingame model, ME series has been pretty good with their character models. Shep looks just like Vanderloo, TIM has a great mix of Sheen in him as does Joker with Green, and Miranda is almost a perfect replica of Strahovski.

Now in ME3 both Chobot and Ashley's character models just look totally out of place in the game. I and other may not like Vega's design but he at least he fits aesthetically in the game without looking completely derpy.

I could up the creepy substantially you little posers.

"Turn me down in real life Chobot?! Now you'll love me over and over again in the game!"

CortanaV

Neo Member
I could up the creepy substantially you little posers.

"Turn me down in real life Chobot?! Now you'll love me over and over again in the game!"

Come at me baby. Let's smush on the Normandy all night loooooooong. They say "smush," right? I'm not down with the kids.
snooki+weight+loss.jpg

"With no way to say no..."

Come at me baby. Let's smush on the Normandy all night loooooooong. They say "smush," right? I'm not down with the kids.
http://realitytea.realitytea.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/new-uploads/2011/04/snooki+weight+loss.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You didn't let me deliver the punchline.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I sure as hell hope he isn't doing a shit mountain style OT for this. DA2 was a half-assed cash grab. Whatever you think about the direction Mass Effect is taking, there's twice as much effort going into it.

More well considered criticism, less shit mountain please.

Same here. I enjoy Evilore's OTs but this game deserves a proper OT. It seems that to most people on GAF, post-DA2 Bioware can't do anything without it being a horrible abomination. I'm really sick of being pretty much completely unable to talk about one of my favorite franchises ever since so many posters here just trash any positive impressions of the games because they're butthurt over a rushed sequel in another series.

Same here. I enjoy Evilore's OTs but this game deserves a proper OT. It seems that to most people on GAF, post-DA2 Bioware can't do anything without it being a horrible abomination. I'm really sick of being pretty much completely unable to talk about one of my favorite franchises ever since so many posters here just trash any positive impressions of the games because they're butthurt over a rushed sequel in another series.

This.

Dany

Banned

Yeah. It makes it hard discussing any news because somebody just 'nip-picks' over the smallest of things and the entire thread is just gone.

My thoughts exactly.

Derrick01

Banned

They're not just butthurt over DA2, that misunderstanding needs to end now. ME1 was one of my most hyped games ever and it was a rare game that actually delivered on the hype, so naturally you can imagine how psyched and ultimately crushed I was by 2, and how what could have been my favorite game franchise ever now gets nothing but "meh"s from me.

But I don't expect Evilore to even do the OT, let alone crucify it. I think he did DA2's because it was such a raping of what DA1 was and what CRPGs typically are, and he's more of a CRPG fan so I think that was his "ME2 moment". It hit closer to home. I don't even know if he even gives a shit about the ME franchise. It's more along the lines of just wishful thinking from me and the people who have my viewpoint on the ME series after 2.

Nemesis_

This issue seems to have popped up in the OT reservation thread too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653&page=2

Lothars

Great Post, Thank You.

They're not just butthurt over DA2, that misunderstanding needs to end now. ME1 was one of my most hyped games ever and it was a rare game that actually delivered on the hype, so naturally you can imagine how psyched and ultimately crushed I was by 2, and how what could have been my favorite game franchise ever now gets nothing but "meh"s from me.

But I don't expect Evilore to even do the OT, let alone crucify it. I think he did DA2's because it was such a raping of what DA1 was and what CRPGs typically are, and he's more of a CRPG fan so I think that was his "ME2 moment". It hit closer to home. I don't even know if he even gives a shit about the ME franchise. It's more along the lines of just wishful thinking from me and the people who have my viewpoint on the ME series after 2.
Yes and I am glad you at least describe how you feel about the franchise because It seems alot of others that bash it at every turn doesn't. I respect you as a poster and I know you have pretty much given up on the franchise but are you going to play ME3 eventually?

To this day, I've not heard a good argument as to what made ME2 less of an RPG than ME1. In ME1, party conversation is treated like nothing more than an info dump. Inventory is hell to sort through, and the Mako missions were boring and transparently filler. The combat was broken as fuck.

Sometimes, I really do think that people think RPGs need to be clunky in order to be "good".

To this day, I've not heard a good argument as to what made ME2 less of an RPG than ME1. In ME1, party conversation is treated like nothing more than an info dump. Inventory is hell to sort through, and the Mako missions were boring and transparently filler. The combat was broken as fuck.

Sometimes, I really do think that people think RPGs need to be clunky in order to be "good".

Basically, apparently loot=RPG.

Acheron

Banned

To be fair a lot of the character customization was solely accessible via boring minigame.

That said ME2 was a great game that was received very well when it came out. Then people just wanted to hate like three months later.

Derrick01

Banned

I don't want to derail the thread and go down that route again. But I'll just say they don't need to be clunky, but the answer to the complaints that those elements were not as well done as they could have been wasn't to yank them out completely.

That said ME2 was a great game that was received very well when it came out. Then people just wanted to hate like three months later.

While it is easier to find flaws after the fact, there's no denying the power of nitpicking.

the answer to the complaints that those elements were not as well done as they could have been wasn't to yank them out completely.

That's why I added that apparently people need their games to be clunky.

ME2 removed the clunk by streamlining.

If they had removed combat, party conversation, and inventory... then they wouldn't have been in ME2 at all.

Saying that they just tore those features out is a ridiculous argument because it is untrue.

Honestly, I've never gotten the hate.

Two's story wasn't good... but the first wasn't either. At the best of vapid popcorn flick spread across 25 hours.

I played the first because it was a moderately involved RPG with some crappy shooter stuff tacked on. I enjoy the second for the inverse opinion. It's a pretty solid shooter, with some (I can't really say crappy but definitely limited) RPG stuff tacked on.

The first was more ambitious, the second more streamlined. Too much in certain ways. Both are good games. I've put 500 or more hours into both. Exploring the very minute differences between character classes, and your additional class options. There's some overlap in story, but some have helped Tali on her Pilgrimage, others have focused on Wrex, some unearthed the twisted nature of Cerberus, others went around just destroying mercs.

I love both games, but I'm more than willing to see snark if it ends up being as disappointing as it could.

If only I wasn't so obtuse as to miss the things that bother me about ME2 currently that I didn't ever see or experience the first time I played.

I'm not even going to begin to address the whole ME/2 thing starting up again, but I'm sick of people on the "ME2 is the better game" side either ignoring or missing many of the well presented things that people who preferred ME1 have stated multiple times (not exclusive to RPG stuff, because I don't even care about that), and I'm sick of the "ME1 is the better game" people having to keep bringing the same complaints up over and over again in every thread, regardless of relevancy.

There's a lot of stuff in both games that I liked and disliked. I guess I'm one of the few, but whatever.

If only I wasn't so obtuse as to miss the things that bother me about ME2 currently that I didn't ever see or experience the first time I played.

I'm not even going to begin to address the whole ME/2 thing starting up again, but I'm sick of people on the "ME2 is the better game" side either ignoring or missing many of the well presented things that people who preferred ME1 have stated multiple times (not exclusive to RPG stuff, because I don't even care about that), and I'm sick of the "ME1 is the better game" people having to keep bringing the same complaints up over and over again in every thread, regardless of relevancy.

There's a lot of stuff in both games that I liked and disliked. I guess I'm one of the few, but whatever.
I will die at your side!

Top Bottom