• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories announced for 3DS (RPG - 2016)

Astarte

Before Trailer

"Holy crap is it going to be like some weird awesome turn based fighting system?"

After Trailer

oh. At least the mini Rathalos looks...fun
ayyy I enjoyed Fantasy Life tho

Big One

Banned
At first I was like wtf Monster Hunter...for kids?! And then I saw the open world map and was like...oooh, ok. Looks sweet.

Owwari

Banned
For a moment I thought we were getting something like this:

Monster_Hunter_Orage_by_Shakru_Imosa.jpg

:(

Aeana

If it's actually an RPG, maybe I'll enjoy it more than regular Monster Hunter. Trailer tells me absolutely nothing about the stuff I care about, though.

Mentok

Banned
I thought there was a MH event in May. Surprised they didn't announce this then. Either way, really interested to see how this turns out!

The art style is wonderful. Not much to go on, though.
Is it turn based? How is the gameplay set up? Can I explore that massive area shown?

balgajo

Nintendo needs a good resolution portable now. Game will probably be killed by 3ds poor resolution, it looks so clean in the video.

Shauni

Looks pretty interesting from someone who doesn't really play the franchise. I've always enjoyed the cell-shaded style.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Holy shit!! Shades of Fantasy Life combined with MH. Have all my dreams come true? This could be insane.

Overside

Banned
Being that my expectations of a MH RPG for years has been monster hunter in a persistant world like dragon dogmas, Im going to need a band aid for my soul, arent I?

Oxirane

Raising and breeding monsters means eggstraction missions all day every day.
(It probably won't have such a system)

Fbh

So this is going to be more like a traditional Rpg?
If so, that would be really awesome.

I'd love to play a monster hunter without ridiculous grinding, small maps and time wasting game mechanics

Beats

dude should have killed the monsters before trying to deliver the egg.

Looks nice. Curious to see how it will play.

Yasumi

Banned
Looks like they might be going after that slightly older Yokai Watch audience, aesthetically. Not expecting much from the story, interested to see what the battle system is like.

Top Bottom