• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy SHIT! I'm on the NEWS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonki.

Banned
Here's a thread I made a year ago in another forum. I think NeoGaf needs to enjoy it. I'm also just abusing my right to make threads now. You guys would have been able to experience this live, If my brother didn't use my account to get banned from the forum in the god damn hockey threads. Excuse the horrible typing.

Sonki. said:
Hey guys... let me tell you a small story..
I go to a high school in Calgary Alberta Canada. Right after English class today, i saw a FAKE shotgun toy in the classroom.. soooo i took it with a buddy and walked outside the school just holding it for fun and stuff...

I went to a park near by, started talking...then went back into the school! Turns out their is now a LOCKDOWN session going on... I was like "WUHA?!" so i asked the Principal (with the weopon in hand..dont know if he saw it) where do i go? Because i had a spare.. HE said "YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW!" ...so i just left teh school... so cops are everywhere looking for a "suspicious person".. and here i am with a shot gun.. which i guess could look real from a distance.. outside thinking that i should put this gun away.

Because it was too weird... I gave it to a buddy so he could put it in his car, and then we can wait for the lockdown to be over..
He didnt have his keys so he put it under his vehicle...

So i go back to the school... waiting for it to be over and then.. my buddy comes back saying that the cops are looking for ME! WHA?!?! So i start walking to Northland Mall (right beside my shcool) because i just didnt want to jsut walk up and say, i had a gun.. They catch me anyways.. and basicly searched me for any weopan.. (this was all being filmed by Global, A-Channel, And CFCN CTV) So i they find out nothings wrong and that they would let me go.. so i start walking away.. but then i turned and told them if they were looking for someone with like a gun.. .

And then they realized i was the guy.. so i take them to the gun while All these media things are recording me...

Long story short... NO charges was made YET, I'm 18 so they never called my parents yet...
But teh footagfe is great.. As they let me free..i gave the camera crew a nice big thumbs up, and kept that face for atleast 1 minute when i was there..

But on the NEws they twisted the hole story.. they said i BROUGHT A BB GUN TO SHCOOL...and that i went to a junior hight with it...

So yeah.. its weird and awsome..
I will put footage up, if it playts at 11!

News Clip LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSJZbMHrDH0

Enjoy

Mute

Banned
:lol You like you're ready to sneak up behind the camera man and jam your thumb up his ass, still grinning.

teiresias

You seem incredibly dense for not realizing you were who they were looking for like twenty minutes earlier than you did. You're not supposed to hold a thumbs up indefinately, you should show it then get rid of it - it looked a bit ridiculous.

Juice

:lol. Oh children.

I was always harmlessly out of touch as a child. I could totally see myself with a toy shotgun tugging at my principal's sport coat and asking "now where am I supposed to go?" as he looks on in horror, trying to figure out whether there was anything he ever did to piss me off.

Hell, if it happened today, the same principal would probably be thinking of the Dane Cook sketch. "Should've given him some candy."

Ichirou

Banned
Funny how they don't even refer to you as a student. They call you an '18-year-old man.'

And geez, you held that thumbs up for way too long, as everyone else has already mentioned. And you have a crazy-ass look on your face. :lol

xBigDanx

jesus christ.. I know it's been said... but you could possibly be one of the dumbest people I've seen......

"hmmm.. here's a fake shotgun. I'm at school and this thing could look real from a distance. What should I do with it? Oh I know! I'll pick it up and walk around with it. Because that's what I do. I pick up everything I find on the ground and walk around with it - especially fake weapons"

I hope you go to jail. And get raped by many big men. And become so traumatized by sex that you never have sex. So you don't reproduce.

Hey, I didn't want to wish death on you.. I guess this is the next worst thing?

Diablos

Sonki. said:
:( I like you
I never said I hate you, but holy shit, what you did was dumb.

Why were you surprised that people reacted the way they did when there have been previous shootings in the area? And even if there weren't, you DO know how seriously schools take this stuff these days, do you not? From a distance, and even up close to most people, that gun looks real. I can't believe you did that.

Common sense, you are lacking here.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
people in the UK have been shot dead for carrying "fake" guns...one guy just for carrying a table-leg that people thought looked like a gun.

EmSeta

missionacrh8.jpg

Juice

MrSardonic said:
people in the UK have been shot dead for carrying "fake" guns...one guy just for carrying a table-leg that people thought looked like a gun.

Freedom!

As a bystander, it seems like British police have a shoot-first policy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
heh, I once drove a shitty car of a friends around and it was so shagged that it would backfire if you floored it, every time. We did it in the parking lot of the hospital nurses hostel I used to live at for around 10 minutes, after that there was a "LOCKDOWN" because gunshots were heard.

I approve of your story good job!

Sonki.

Banned
Enough of the "you're stupid for carrying a fake toy gun around".

This is almost 2 years old, and I don't need you guys to tell me what's wrong and what's right. I've heard all there is.

Obviously it was stupid, but it's not about that. I've graduated, going to college, and life is good. This is about the video damnit.

Also, I purposly extended the thumbs up, for a lot of reasons, or maybe just two.

A) This last standing cameraman waited for hours to get a shot of me, so I didn't want to give him footage he wanted.

B) He was muttering shit to me, asking if I was proud. So thumbs up was the most family friendly "**** you".

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
s22717292.jpg

I'm really surprised thet kept the shot going that long, I think they wanted you to look foolish. And it would have been so easy for one of those shows like Hard Copy or Geraldo make you look evil. They would just slow down the video and add some of that dramatic gloomy music and Bingo!

Google

I just love your smile at the camera...and the fact that the news decided to show 20 ****ing seconds of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom