• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run trailer (12/8) "Meet SMR" new modes, Playable characters

RBH

Yoshi playable

Game changer

2651097-jeff_loves_yoshi.gif

I mean this is no different than those automatic sidescrolling levels in 2d mario games, so this game could very well be a legit great 2D mario game

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Peach. Replaced by a dinosaur. But so happy my boy Toad is making an appearance. That My Nintendo reward better not have an expiration date.

Reminds me of the Pokémon Go trailer.

Yeah, same. Still got me excited, though.

I mean this is no different than those automatic sidescrolling levels in 2d mario games, so this game could very well be a legit great 2D mario game
Yea but it has only one "button" or input from the player. That's what worried most. But they've explained how in-depth the touch system really is, and I'm sure have eliminated the fears of many. It looks really promising.

Debirudog

All these cool moves and a playable Yoshi makes me wish they made a full-control 2D Mario game but with pretty graphics. ;_;

I want to try this out for sure though.

I also think Nintendo's also killing it with the ads.

I'm normally not big on endless runners, but Super Mario Run looks way too fun to ignore.

My only gripe is that there's no Android version yet.

Also, that ad is fantastic.

Looks like one of the few mobile games that could actually be pretty good. I really like how they even threw in a city-building component to give the game some depth, unlike most other endless runners out there.

Griss

Looks fantastic. Wish it was simultaneous release on Android but I'll live - will just 'borrow' a family member's iPhone over christmas after a few drinks! I'll buy it for them as a 'present', yeah, that's it...

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Just seen the Fallon clip....ok...this like kinda nice...

Damn, Nintendo. They might have a legit hit on their hands with this.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
All these cool moves and a playable Yoshi makes me wish they made a full-control 2D Mario game but with pretty graphics. ;_;

I want to try this out for sure though.

I also think Nintendo's also killing it with the ads.

Yeah, I think recent Nintendo has done a good job of promoting their upcoming initiatives. I think they're handling Switch and mobile well.

@MUWANdo

Banned
My one sticking point is still the low number of courses--the last PR said 24 courses and even with the varying challenge coin placements and the Toad Rally mode, I still worry it'll get old very quickly (especially if one ignores all the typical social hooks).

Daigoro

lookin good

My one sticking point is still the low number of courses--the last PR said 24 courses and even with the varying challenge coin placements and the Toad Rally mode, I still worry it'll get old very quickly (especially if one ignores all the typical social hooks).

hm yeah. anyone know if they plan on releasing more content after release?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
lookin good

hm yeah. anyone know if they plan on releasing more content after release?

Nothing has been said. Based on Miitomo, I expect support of some kind, but I don't know what that support would entail.

Veitsev

Not terribly excited by the game (a bit mario'd out and waiting on the 3d switch game), but good lord thats an impressive ad for a mobile game.

Sterok

I still have concerns about content and longevity, but the gameplay and level design look as sublime as we've come to expect from Nintendo. Hopefully Apple's moneyhat won't last too long.

Top Bottom