• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU) is Byke! 12/12/16

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately right now Best Buy has a Buy 1, Get 1 40% off on Nintendo software and buying the two Wii U games I want brings the price nowhere near $100, especially with GCU on top of that.

Luke_Wal

Do we know if Persona 5 Steelbook Launch Edition comes with a regular case as well? Critical to me pre-ordering it right now.

sense

got three orders in

nier, red dead
ff7r, death stranding
spider-man, god of war
had a previous order for mass effect, last guardian and persona from the previous time this sale ran

didnt know ordering just two will give you 24!!

what am i missing gaf?

Ashtar

got three orders in

nier, red dead
ff7r, death stranding
spider-man, god of war
had a previous order for mass effect, last guardian and persona from the previous time this sale ran

didnt know ordering just two will give you 24!!

what am i missing gaf?
Interesteding you were able to do it a third time....
Nioh and yakuza

sense

So does this work for every 100 spent? How can I use this best to get my PS4 Pro?
Well if you have an Amex card, they have an offer you can add to card where you get 25$ statement credit for 200$ and then use that card through visa checkout for a total of 50 dollar savings I guess and maybe even go through a cash back site like ebates or something to get another 1% off. Not sure if there is any other better way

BHK3

Banned
How long does this last? My certificate from pre-ordering FFXV doesn't go through until the 14th, I'd love to use that with this on top of my GCU!!

Well if you have an Amex card, they have an offer you can add to card where you get 25$ statement credit for 200$ and then use that card through visa checkout for a total of 50 dollar savings I guess and maybe even go through a cash back site like ebates or something to get another 1% off. Not sure if there is any other better way

The Amex offer has been exhausted for a while now if you didn't already enroll in it.

sense

How long does this last? My certificate from pre-ordering FFXV doesn't go through until the 14th, I'd love to use that with this on top of my GCU!!

using reward certificate invalidates the visa discount for some reason. It is possible if your order is more than 110 then it may work. I did it with 2 games that added up to 95.98 and got 24 dollars off so trying to add the certificate took the 24 dollar discount off

The Amex offer has been exhausted for a while now if you didn't already enroll in it.
Nvm then lol. I am kinda glad all these Pre-orders count towards it so I should be able to get it

Thanks, just picked up
Mario galaxy 2
Mass effect
Horizon zero dawn
8 bit link amiibo
82.00 after visa promo and 20.00 reward certificate that was about to expire

sense

Nobody really answered this question - does this work?
I did 4 separate orders with 2 games each order and took advantage of this offer. If the question is, can you buy something for 400$ in one order and get 4x25 off, then the answer is no. You will only get 25$ off the 400$ order

FenDozer

Interesting note--

I bought a digital copy of Watch Dogs 2 & preordered Horizon. It discounted $12 for the promotion.

So, it looks like you can use digital products to get over the $100 threshold, but you will only receive a portion of the promotional credit. Still great since I wanted Watch Dogs 2 digitally & wanted to get Horizon physically.

Hope this helps others.

Well, hell yeah. Ordered Yakuza 0 and Sonic Mania Collector's Edition PC for $85 after tax.
I wanna grab the Persona 5 LE as well, but I'm not sure what else I want to order or pre-order.

Ashtar

11;59pm would be midnight. So there's 12 hours left, give or take.
R7Sza2u.jpg

thanks

So this is fucked up...

I've tried this twice now, and ended up having to cancel my orders both times.

I add my items, checkout with Visa Checkout, it shows the $25 off (for a total of $7x.xx), but RIGHT when i click on "Purchase Now", the total changes to $10x.xx. I check my order history and it's charged the full $10x.xx, and i checked my CC statement and it has a pending transaction of $10x.xx.

TL;DR: This promo says it's working but then charges me in full anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Kill3r7

So this is fucked up...

I've tried this twice now, and ended up having to cancel my orders both times.

I add my items, checkout with Visa Checkout, it shows the $25 off (for a total of $7x.xx), but RIGHT when i click on "Purchase Now", the total changes to $10x.xx. I check my order history and it's charged the full $10x.xx, and i checked my CC statement and it has a pending transaction of $10x.xx.

TL;DR: This promo says it's working but then charges me in full anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Try adding the games to your cart and selecting your preferred method of payment. Then try using Visa Checkout. Sign in and when the page comes back up select shipping instead of pickup and proceed to the next page. If the total is still correct then confirm your order. If not, try the same method but use a different browser.

Try adding the games to your cart and selecting your preferred method of payment. Then try using Visa Checkout. Sign in and when the page comes back up select shipping instead of pickup and proceed to the next page. If the total is still correct then confirm your order. If not, try the same method but use a different browser.

Yeah, still doesn't work. Even tried it from my phone.

I wonder if it's because I'm under $100... Many users here said it works if you're at $95 or more. I'm at $96. As I said, it applies the promo automatically just fine, but as soon as I click "Purchase" it changes the total. I might add a fluff item and see if that works.

The Ummah

Banned
Just got a Pro yesterday, so...

RotTR, Watch Dogs 2 and Ratchet and Clank for about $84 and change. I had Watch Dogs in my cart already thinking I could pick it up at the reduced price, but realized I was too late and that sale ended. No biggie.

taco543

Thanks for this pre ordered South park, horizon collectors edition, persona 5 collectors edition, and for honor!

Kill3r7

I wonder if it's because I'm under $100... Many users here said it works if you're at $95 or more. I'm at $96. As I said, it applies the promo automatically just fine, but as soon as I click "Purchase" it changes the total. I might add a fluff item and see if that works.

I just placed another order and did not have any issue with it. What are you using for your method of payment?

The Ummah

Banned

Try to add something and delete it, see if the promo is still active. It took a couple of tries for it to register with me this morning.

Try to add something and delete it, see if the promo is still active. It took a couple of tries for it to register with me this morning.

Not sure what the issue is.

Thanks for attempting to help. I tried contacting Best Buy support and they're "experiencing technical difficulties and can only help with general questions, not any specific orders".

So yeah, great. I guess I'm shit out of luck.

Top Bottom