• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denuvo mail database and other information leak

spons

Gold Member
A large database of mails sent to Denuvo (seemingly through their contact form) are hosted publically on their own webserver. Someone posted a link on 4chan that I won't post here, but shit's going to go down in 3, 2, 1...

Some sample e-mails:

sendmail 2016-10-28 20:06:52
array (
'name' => <snip>,
'email' => <snip>,
'phone' => '',
'message' => 'Hello,
We are planning to publish a VR application on steam platform, how can you secure our application after been installed on the client PC and what is your pricing model.
Thank you',

sendmail 2016-09-17 12:10:37
array (
'name' => <snip>,
'email' => <snip>,
'phone' => <snip>,
'message' => 'I have seen your website, I am very impressed by your job , so I like to apply for the job on your concern , I know c and c++ . I doing my engineering in India ,If you intrested to hire me ,please reply to mail address
Thank you',

More "fun" includes someone inpersonating an ABZU developer and asking for the unprotected .exe:

Hello, I am the developer of ABZU game, thanks to your Anti-tamper system that prevented our game from getting cracked as of now. We have started working on another great game, and we plan to use Denuvo on that game as well. However, in our development process, we have come at a situation that we need our ABZU game\'s original executable files since our new game is based on that, could you send us the original executables of our game that we sent to you for implementing Denuvo?

The Wild Eight will probably use Denuvo:

I am the producer of The Wild Eight. We are highly interested in using Denuvo to protect our game. Please contact me so we can discuss all details.

Cheers,
Ivan

Someone from CAPCOM:

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is Jun Matsumoto from CAPCOM Japan.

I have a interested in the Denuvo Anti-Tamper solution to protect our game software.
If you have a white paper about details, please send me.
(ex. platform, usage, price, etc...)
And, if you have a sales agent in Japan, please tell me the contact point.

Thank you for your cooperations.

Regards,
Jun

Gotta wonder about the legality of it all. Its a publically accessible log file on their website, not secured or anything.

Still, interesting to see all the hilarious hate mail they get from people mad about Denuvo.

spons

Gold Member
That's it?

As far as I can see it's 11 megabyte of mails/contact form information including phone numbers, names and complete messages sent to Denuvo. It ranges from rage mails from consumers to business proposals from indies.

Eila

>'Hello, I am the developer of ABZU game, thanks to your Anti-tamper system that prevented our game from getting cracked as of now. We have started working on another great game, and we plan to use Denuvo on that game as well. However, in our development process, we have come at a situation that we need our ABZU game\'s original executable files since our new game is based on that, could you send us the original executables of our game that we sent to you for implementing Denuvo? ',
Um

CuNi

There is even a downloads folder public with something called "denuvo_prot.zip".. whatever that is.. 444MB.. Not sure if I should go and download it though or if there could even be anything intresting to begin with.

Hmm, is this real? Wouldn't the developer have a backup of their own original executable?

Hello, I am the developer of ABZU game, thanks to your Anti-tamper system that prevented our game from getting cracked as of now. We have started working on another great game, and we plan to use Denuvo on that game as well. However, in our development process, we have come at a situation that we need our ABZU game\'s original executable files since our new game is based on that, could you send us the original executables of our game that we sent to you for implementing Denuvo?

kulapik

Some interesting mails:
My name is Vishnu Vijayakumar. I am the Producer at TaleWorlds Entertainment. We are a game development studio located in Turkey and we are the creators of the sandbox series known as Mount & Blade. Our new title, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is currently under development. We heard about your technology and we are interested in integrating the anti crack system in our upcoming title. Could you please put me in touch with someone from your technical and sales team so that we can discuss and understand how your system works - and possibly evaluate your technology? Thank you very much!

My name is Graeme Jennings and I\'m the Executive Producer on the Halo Wars brand at 343i (Microsoft). Would be grateful if someone can contact me in regards to Denuvo pricing etc.

Yaranaika

I see all sorts of indie developers and even other companies (Mitsubishi) inquiring about using their DRM.
This is pretty bad.

BigEmil

sendmail 2016-02-12 19:50:42
array (
'name' => 'SNIPPED',
'email' => 'SNIPPED@capcom.com',
'phone' => '',
'message' => 'Hi,

We're going to be shipping a PC game title in 2016 for x64 for Win 10 UWP. I'm interested in learning about your pricing and how your product gets integrated into the game.',
'captcha' => 'cspwsk',
)
. Capcom PC title for Win 10 UWP

pswii60

I was expecting some interesting emails, but what we have there is even more tedious than my own work inbox.

I was expecting some interesting emails, but what we have there is even more tedious than my own work inbox.

The only juice to wring out of this is that its pretty incompetent of them to leave this open and accessible. Might damage their trust value amongst game developers in future, but its nothing explosive.

And as far as we know, Denuvo is a PC solution only, so people like 343 making inquiries hints at PC games from them. However, its just an inquiry, no confirmation about games actually happening. Its obvious that any company seeking to do a PC release, especially at the AAA level, would be drafting up cost plans for releases in advance of any major work undertaken to see if it balances right on the books.

BigEmil

Rockstar and Team Ninja, huh? &#65533;&#65533;
Not Team Ninja it's NinjaTheory's Hellblade
> 'name' => 'SNIPPED',
> 'email' => 'SNIPPED@ninjatheory.com',
> 'phone' => '+SNIPPED',
> 'message' => 'Hi, my name is Dom and I'm interested in discussing your solution for our upcoming digital title Hellblade.

Eila

The email they used to send that is a Yahoo address. Do you really think its legit? Really?

Crackers will try anything to get access to tools to blow open DRM. Anything.

Oh ok. I didn't actually click on the links an only the body was posted, probably to be deliberately obtuse.

Asking for information on pricing is not indicative of Denuvo's inclusion in upcoming titles. Still I'm always happy to see more fuel for those fighting DRM and boycotting games.

gatti-man

Cool i will list all those devs to games i wont buy them from until a deep sale or they remove this.

This kind of stuff just makes me think you would have pirated it at new. Worrying about denuvo shutting off and your game being inaccessible 8 years from now or some distant future is a bit thin for me. Denuvo preventing front loaded piracy that allows for developers to get paid for their work is worth a possible issue years down the line to me.

BigEmil

This kind of stuff just makes me think you would have pirated it at new. Worrying about denuvo shutting off and your game being inaccessible 8 years from now or some distant future is a bit thin for me. Denuvo preventing front loaded piracy that allows for developers to get paid for their work is worth a possible issue years down the line to me.
Those frontline pirates won't still buy it anyway they'll just wait or get it another way or even not bother with the game at all so it's pointless

opricnik

Banned

I don't care what your assumptions made by, I hate all kinds of DRM and wont support with.
Simple.

Also I am gonna drop this image to here. Maybe devs should focus on their games and making better them instead using DRM techniques.

1486313985450.png

Interesting:

My name is Graeme Jennings and I\'m the Executive Producer on the Halo Wars brand at 343i (Microsoft). Would be grateful if someone can contact me in regards to Denuvo pricing etc.

I'm not that user but

Think all you want, if a game I'm uncertain of has denuvo I'm not buying it

Top Bottom