• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denuvo mail database and other information leak

Hip Hop

I don't care what your assumptions made by, I hate all kinds of DRM and wont support with.
Simple.

Also I am gonna drop this image to here. Maybe devs should focus on their games and making better them instead using DRM techniques.

1486313985450.png

eh

I don't think those sales have anything to do with DRM.

Those frontline pirates won't still buy it anyway they'll just wait or get it another way or even not bother with the game at all so it's pointless

That's not true. I live in Argentina, and people here pirate EVERYTHING yet the ones with high end stuff will buy games if they go more than a week uncracked. Of course there are some holdouts who will never pay a penny for a game, but there's a ton of people who will, if it's the only way to get their hands on the new hotness.
I imagine that this is even more true when you consider other markets with better economies (our economy is crap, and publishers charge US$ 60 for new games anyways)

I don't care what your assumptions made by, I hate all kinds of DRM and wont support with.
Simple.

Also I am gonna drop this image to here. Maybe devs should focus on their games and making better them instead using DRM techniques.

1486313985450.png

I agree that DRM isn't the best thing in the world, but Denuvo isn't hurting my ability to play games right now. It's not as intrusive as past solutions were, so I'd rather have that, than devs losing profit because their games get pirated on launch day.

Also, that image is a joke. You are comparing games that had tons of discounts (and have been available for years) against new stuff that barely had any discounts...

BigEmil

Someone compiled a list of all game devs and games likely to use Denuvo here up to now.
Copy paste:

Updated summary of names that came up.

Notable:
Jun Matsumoto of CAPCOM Japan and Jon Airhart of CAPCOM USA as well as Tim Roy from CAPCOM talking about a "PC game title in 2016 for x64 for Win 10 UWP"
Vishnu Vijayakumar of TaleWorlds Entertainment making Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Graeme Jennings and Ed Kalletta of Microsoft about Halo Wars
Jan Newger from Google
Dominic Matthews from Ninja Theory on Hellblade
Nicolas Sérouart of Dontnod Entertainment about a demo of a game
Andy Messner of Rooster Teeth about RWBY: Grimm Eclipse
Matthew Labunka from Atari about an upcoming Unity 5 game

Indies, Literally Whos and Misc:
Christian Grunwald from Astragon about their Simulator games
Ivan Belousov of Hype Train Digital The Wild Eight game
Joon Park of Lanze Games making Pixel Princess Blitz game
Evren Ozguner of Old Moustache Gameworks making the No70: Eye of Basir game
Gustavo Rios making the Enigma Prison game
Oleh of 2ByteStudios making the Mars Citizen game
Thomas Truax from Vorpal Games
Martin Wright about a "new special needs game which has been developed in Unity"
Ed French of GameSessions
Michael on the Life is Hard Game
Christopher Redden on the Warring States Tactics Game
Benjamin Villhauer from GameForge
Ray Tran of CCP Games about a Q1 2016 game
Rolf Moren of Zordix AB
Nihad Gondžo of MAD Softworks
David Woo of Codemasters
Uwe Roth of Kalyspo Media
Kevin of Bulkhead Interactive
Evan Icenbice of 505 Games about ADR1FT
Peter Armstrong of Encore Games
Kuba Trzebiński of Playway about Car Mechanic Simulator

Also, Rockstar, EA, Take-Two Interactive, Microsoft, Warner Brothers, Tiberius Films, KMS, Lionsgate, Beachbody, Gamersgate and BFI Films Forever show up in the images.

TB12

Banned
Simple.

1486313985450.png

Comon its just old games vs new games..

old games are cheaper, so more users no?

New games is expansiver so people wait to buy, less users?

DRM got nothing to do with it...

GeNoMe

Posting Phone numbers and e-mail addresses? This isn't 4chan you guys, at least censor out the names and just show the domain names when copy pasting in this thread?

yatesl

Dead Rising 4.

Simple.

I'm not Mr DRM or anything, but that's a terrible picture to use. Comparing the sales numbers of 4 ~ 10 year old games vs their recent counterparts? Of course the former sales will be higher, especially after a number of deep discounts and bundles.

Mifec

What is the point of pirating an online FPS like this? Can you actually play it online?

It has a SP campaign, and while it's trash I'm sure some people are gonna pirate it for that. As for playing it online, I know people play cracked steam MP games online, I have no idea about Origin.

opricnik

Banned
What is the point of pirating an online FPS like this? Can you actually play it online?

It has Single Player campaign you know that right? A lot people who pirated this is happy with their campaigns i suppose considering FPS games with campaigns are one the most downloaded pirated games.

Crysis,Battlefield 3-4,CoD etc..

Simple.

1486313985450.png

lol come on. I'm not a fan of Denuvo either but this image is dumb. I haven't played any of those games on the left (besides Limbo) but own them all thanks to Humble Bundles.

BigEmil

whoever leaked this missed the chance to pad the list out with some fake game announcements beforehand
Now could be a chance for some troll leaks.

Also can add Harmonix to the list:

sendmail 2016-02-18 03:51:19
array (
'name' => 'SNIPPED',
'email' => 'SNIPPED@harmonixmusic.com',
'phone' => '',
'message' => 'Hi,
I\'d be interested in discussing usage of Denuvo Anti-Tamper software in future Harmonix games. Would it be possible to get some more information? If you\'ll have any people at GDC, it\'d be great to have a meeting there!
Thanks,
Mike Fitzgerald
CTO - Harmonix Music Systems',
'captcha' => 'alHW8s',
)

Warhammer possible?
>'name' => 'SNIPPED',
>'email' => 'snipped@relic.com',
>'phone' => '+snipped',
>'message' => 'Hello!

>My name is SNIPPED and I\'m the lead server programmer at Relic Entertainment. I was wondering if I can get more info in regards to your anti-tamper solution? Also would it be useful in protecting against map hacks in a game that is deterministic?

Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War 3 confirmed for using denuevo

Admodieus

Simple.

1486313985450.png

This is such a dumb image. Years of Steam sales and Humble Bundles result in a higher number of owners for older games than newer games.

Mifec

Can you people stop quoting the whole image?

Yes it's dumb and represents nothing, but please just remove the image when you quote the post.

Aselith

Simple.

1486313985450.png

0% of those comparisons are fair.

Simple.

http://is2.4chan.org/v/1486313985450.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I for one am extremely disappointed they went for such intrusive DRM in Anno 2205 after only focusing on the game in Anno 2070.

That's not true. I live in Argentina, and people here pirate EVERYTHING yet the ones with high end stuff will buy games if they go more than a week uncracked. Of course there are some holdouts who will never pay a penny for a game, but there's a ton of people who will, if it's the only way to get their hands on the new hotness.
I imagine that this is even more true when you consider other markets with better economies (our economy is crap, and publishers charge US$ 60 for new games anyways)

For every anecdotal person who buys it because they can't wait for a crack, there's one like me who won't touch a heavily DRMed game for any price.

Yudoken

So...
How much does Denuvo cost?
I've heard some numbers but I never saw official numbers.

That's what I'm interested in this leak.
Also I personally avoid most of the games with Denuvo.
They should put the money in the game (there's always something that would highly improve) instead of spending money on this.

Simple.

1486313985450.png
LMAO this is a tragic image. I can't believe you seriously posted this.

Carlius

Banned

see, for me it would be good. i bought the game, but i only bought it for the sp since i dont do multiplayer. so yes, there is a point for losers like me that play it only for the sp.

Fdkn

Simple.

Steam is a DRM and you certainly don't know how game sales over time work.

Fredrik

Ouch.

Why is Denuvo so hated though? People decide to not buy games because they use Denuvo etc. I've only been gaming on PC for a few years but I've not noticed any problem at all so far. What am I missing?

5taquitos

Simple.

1486313985450.png
One of the most useless images I've ever seen. If this is your argument, you need to rethink it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Simple.

1486313985450.png

this has to be the dumbest list i have ever seen on this website.
this tells nothing.

denuvo should just stop with this so we can all pirate in peace right?

It has Single Player campaign you know that right? A lot people who pirated this is happy with their campaigns i suppose considering FPS games with campaigns are one the most downloaded pirated games.

Crysis,Battlefield 3-4,CoD etc..

I mean I know it does but I didn't know people actually enjoyed them. Those people must have more free time than they do money if they're pirating Battlefield campaigns lol

iskeledz

Banned
Denuvo can go die in a fire.
The effects of all these shitty DRM schemes will be felt in 10-15 years.
Try to play a CD copy of Call of Duty 1 on Windows 10. That's right, you can't. In fact, you can't play any game that had SafeDisc DRM because Microsoft removed the driver. And there are some of those games you can't get digitally. Those would be 100% unplayable today on new Win10 PCs if they were never cracked.
CD Projekt has shown it's possible to sell games DRM-free and therefore any kind of DRM is 100% inexcusable and anti-consumer.

Simple.

1486313985450.png

Yes. This is totally the reason why Homefront The Revolution didnt sell well.

giphy.gif

They should have seen this coming given the field they are in and how many high profile hacks have taken place in games.

If all mistakes were learned from, we'd be in a utopia already. People are born to repeat the mistakes of the past. Its just the way it is.

Try to play a CD copy of Call of Duty 1 on Windows 10. That's right, you can't. In fact, you can't play any game that had SafeDisc DRM because Microsoft removed the driver. And there are some of those games you can't get digitally. Those would be 100% unplayable today on new Win10 PCs if they were never cracked.
CD Projekt has shown it's possible to sell games DRM-free and therefore any kind of DRM is 100% inexcusable and anti-consumer.

You have a pretty chronic misunderstanding of what Denuvo is. I don't necessarily agree with DRM, but Denuvo doesn't require any disc check or anything. Maybe read up on it and re-evaluate your opinion.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Simple.

http://is2.4chan.org/v/1486313985450.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm [I]shocked[/I] an image as stupid as this is embedded from 4chan. Gobsmacked!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

lol witcher 3 was nr 1 on every damn torrent site.
shame they didn't use denuvo
could have earned them a lot of money

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You have a pretty chronic misunderstanding of what Denuvo is. I don't necessarily agree with DRM, but Denuvo doesn't require any disc check or anything. Maybe read up on it and re-evaluate your opinion.

It is DRM, though, just to be clear, rather than merely an "anti-tamper" mechanism: it imposes an activation limit (which, granted, is practically a non-issue for most users), mandatory first-run online authentication and periodical online re-authentication.

Of all the bad things about that image, the most hilarious one is comparing Blood Dragon to Primal. Blood Dragon launched as a 15 dollar game.

Top Bottom