• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04/13 - 04/19

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
MC-THREAD-SOFTWARE-TITLE.png

01. [NDS] Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon (Nintendo) 142,000 / NEW
02. [PSP] BASARA Battle Heroes (Capcom) 28,000 / 114,000
03. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (Nintendo) 19,000 / 541,000
04. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (PSP the Best) (Capcom) 18,000 / 591,000
05. [NDS] Hitman Reborn (Takara Tommy) 17,000 / NEW
06. [PSP] Fantasy Golf Pangya Portable (Takara Tommy) 13,000 / NEW
07. [NDS] Pro Yakyuu Famista DS 2009 (Konami) 11,000 / 55,000
08. [PS3] Musou Orochi Z (KOEI) 10,000 / 205,000
09. [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna Portable (Namco Bandai) 9,000 / 144,000
10. [WII] Deca Sports 2 (Hudson) 9,000 / NEW

11. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
12. [PS2] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2009 (Konami)
13. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Namco Bandai)
14. [NDS] Rittai Picross 3D (Nintendo)
15. [PSP] Disgaea 2 (Nippon Ichi)
16. [NDS] Kanji Quiz DS 3 Deluxe (Rocket)
17. [PS3] Godfather II (Electronic Arts)
18. [PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (BEST) (SEGA)
19. [PS3] Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
20. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
21. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo)
22. [NDS] Yugioh 5D's: Stardust Accelerator - World Championship 2009 (Konami)
23. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo)
24. [NDS] Pokémon Platinum (Pokémon)
25. [WII] Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (Marvelous)
26. [NDS] Tongariboushi and the 365 Days of Magic (Konami)
27. [NDS] Super Robot Taisen K (Namco Bandai)
28. [360] Godfather II (Electronic Arts)
29. [WII] Play on Wii: Pikmin 2 (Nintendo)
30. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven (Level 5)

MC-THREAD-HARDWARE-TITLE.png

MC-THREAD-CHARTS.png

SOFTWARE | HARDWARE | CONSOLES | HANDHELDS

MC-THREAD-PASTWEEKS-TITLE.png

2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009

Media Create Sales: 04/06 - 04/12
Media Create Sales: 03/30 - 04/05
Media Create Sales: 03/23 - 03/29
Media Create Sales: 03/16 - 03/22
Media Create Sales: 03/09 - 03/15

MC-THREAD-NOTES-TITLE.png

• Software numbers are typically posted on Wednesday nights at about midnight Eastern.
• Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 9:20 PM Eastern.
• Historic Famitsu Data Compiled by Garaph.
• All charts belong to Chart Get! and will be linked accordingly.

jeremy1456

MotherFan said:
They didn't have anymore copies to sell I thought?

If that's the case then they better get some damn games on the shelves.

If Murasama is simply falling off the charts in such a pathetic week then this is a tragedy.

jeremy1456

SolidSnakex said:
It looks like the Valkyria anime is really helping out the game.

I was kinda under the impression that it was the demo-bump that was helping Valkyria. And with the number 10 game selling a mere 9,000 copies, apparently it's not helping too much.

jeremy1456 said:
If that's the case then they better get some damn games on the shelves.

If Murasama is simply falling off the charts in such a pathetic week then this is a tragedy.

The game had a near 90% sell through. They better address this quick. Nobody wants another 7th Dragon hoopla.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Flying_Phoenix said:
The game had a near 90% sell through. They better address this quick. Nobody wants another 7th Dragon hoopla.

I can't find 7th Dragon anywhere in fukuoka, kinda sucks really, like this weeks sales.

holy shit 57k ps3, I think that MC should make a special exception for FF7ACC.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Aside from the PS3 hardware, pretty low week.

Taiko passes DQ:S in Famitsu to become the Wii's #1 3rd party game.

jett

D-Member
DSL 4900
DSi 36000
PSP 36000
Wii 15000
PS3 57000
PS2 4700
360 7600

The POWAH of a Final Fantasy demo

jeremy1456

schuelma said:
Aside from the PS3 hardware, pretty low week.

Taiko passes DQ:S in Famitsu to become the Wii's #1 3rd party game.

Interesting. Probably a very low chance it'll pass MGS to become the best selling third party game this gen, right?

jeremy1456

Is SE having a private show this year? If so, shouldn't that be coming up soon? It seems like they haven't got nearly enough games in development right now for how much they usually do.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
fernoca said:
NDS..PSP..NDS..PSP..NDS..PSP.. come on!! :lol

well , japan market is handheld bitch this is going since 2004 , it can even accept a third Handheld system without problems and can survive next to PSP and DS.

SEGA should return , gimme Mega GameGear , made by SEGA-TOYS right now .

markatisu

Wii is back up from last week, keeps it in the 15-18k pattern for another week with last week being the low point

9k is the shit poor for being #10

Loudninja

Awntawn said:
So apparently ACC sold over 300k? ;O

That's like... free money for SE @@

Looks like everyone will be happy,SE with the ACC sales, Sony with the PS3 sales, and PS3 owners with the demo.

jeremy1456

Loudninja said:
Looks like everyone will be happy,SE with the ACC sales, Sony with the PS3 sales, and PS3 owners with the demo.

I wonder how many of them will regret getting the system for a mere demo.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
18. [PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (BEST) (SEGA)

wasn't VC at 26 or 25 last week near 7th dragon ..why it jump again , anyway sweet :)

where is 7th Dragon :(

@ PS3 and ACC/FFXIII demo , when can the Japanese RPG developers see that the PS3 owners can buy JRPGs on the poor system ?

Loudninja

jeremy1456 said:
I was kinda under the impression that it was the demo-bump that was helping Valkyria. And with the number 10 game selling a mere 9,000 copies, apparently it's not helping too much.

Guess some sales is better than none :)

jett

D-Member
jeremy1456 said:

Yes, it's really gonna suck when they realize that the only thing their PS3 will be able to play is the FFXIII demo.

Awntawn

Loudninja said:
Maybe SE will look at the sales and be like, hey maybe we should put some actual games on this fucking system.

markatisu

Flying_Phoenix said:
Again nearly 90% sell through during its first week. There was even an article about how Marvelous is trying to get copies out there to meet demand.

Hopefully they get more stock in, I would imagine the last of the 1st shipment is sitting in #25

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
jeremy1456 said:
Is SE having a private show this year? If so, shouldn't that be coming up soon? It seems like they haven't got nearly enough games in development right now for how much they usually do.
Hmm, you may have a point there. I went digging to see what they had. I may have missed some so if anyone sees something missing feel free to correct me.

Square Enix Games Sans Eidos and Taito said:
Announced:
-Final Fantasy XIII (360/PS3)
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
-Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii)
-Dragon Quest IX (DS)
-Dragon Quest X (Wii)
-Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
-Kingdom Hearts: CODED (Mobile Phones)
-Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday (PSP)
-Project Cube (XBLA)
-0 Day Attack On Earth (XBLA)
-Yosumin Live (XBLA)
-V Jump Magazine Game ("Next-gen Systems")

Unannounced:
-Rapture MMO (PC/360/PS3)
-That OPSM Game (Multiplat According To Dragona)

Rumored:
-Front Mission Evolution (360, Others?)

Unknown:
-Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII (???)
Yeah I have to agree that does seem smaller than normal.

jeremy1456

jett said:
Yes, it's really gonna suck when they realize that the only thing their PS3 will be able to play is the FFXIII demo.

I assume that those who purchased the movie/demo are RPG fans, and that's not a genre that's well represented on any system right now (except maybe the Xbox 360)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Awntawn said:
Maybe SE will look at the sales and be like, hey maybe we should put some actual games on this fucking system.
Surely you missed their lineup of PS3 games including Crystal Defenders and the release of Quantum of Solace in Japan.

Nirolak said:
Surely you missed their lineup of PS3 games including Crystal Defenders and the release of Quantum of Solace in Japan.
:lol

Rumors of the next Front Mission being exclusive to the 360 make it all the more baffling. Aside from their support of the portables and their decision to make FFXIII multiplatform, it seems like SE has done nothing but make mistakes this generation.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Awntawn said:

Wada : never * laugh *

I think their strategy toward the PS3 will not change because of this , just see Front Mission , and If they don't want their games to sell in japan ..it's their decisions and loss , and other smaller JRPG developers already on the move to take advantage of PS3 now .

do you think Square Enix didn't saw the sales of many games lately on PS3 ? ( and we still don't know PS3 performance with famous JRPG IP ) they are no blind or stupid , they know all about it , but they just in good relationship with another company that can help them in the NA market .

also secured money in the pocket & marketing help > possibilities for good sales .

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jeremy1456 said:
Dude, it's Japan. They simply sell the console back when they're finished. It's happened with a bunch of other titles already, for 360 notably.

idlewild_

Totobeni said:
do you think Square Enix didn't saw the sales of many games lately on PS3 ? ( and we still don't know PS3 performance with famous JRPG IP ) they are no blind or stupid , they know all about it , but they just in good relationship with another company that can help them in the NA market .

also secured money in the pocket & marketing help > possibilities for good sales .

worked pretty well for SO4, amirite?

Jonnyram

idlewild_ said:
You are totally missing his point.
Square Enix knows they can sell more on PS3, in Japan, at least. But they CHOOSE to go the other way. They have a plan and they're sticking to it.

icecream

Public Health Threat
idlewild_ said:

███▌  ▃▅▃▂◥◣ ▼▓▓  ██▍     ▌     ██▌ ███▋██
█▊██▌ ▌  ▊  ██▊    ██▎▍   ▊ ▍   ███ ██████▆
████ ▍  ▋   ██▌▂   ██▎▎    ▋ ▎   ██▊ ████▊█▌
███▌  ▃▅▃▂◥◣ ▼▓▓  ██▍     ▌     ██▌ ███▋██
███  ▅█▀▃▀█▆▃◥◣ ▓▓ ██▌      ▍▂▃▅◤ ▼  ██▋██▎
██▌ █▎▲▂▲ ▀█▅▃▼  ▀▀◣     ◢▓▓▂▃▃▂   ██ ██▌
██▍◥█ █▓██▌   ▀◣          ◢◤ ▃▅▃▂▃▅▆▇▅▃▅◤██▎
▊█▎ ▼ █▓█▓▌   ▍          ◢▀◣▂▃██▅    ▼ ▉█▌
█ ▀◣    █▓▓▓▎               ▐▓██▓█▌  ◢◤ ▊
▌      ▀▅▃◤                 ▐▓██▓▓◤     ▋██
██     ◥◤▀                  ▀▅▃▅◤       ▌██▎
██▌                           ▀◥◤     ▍██▌
███◣                           ▋ ▌ ▍    ██▊

hwateber said:
wow I should have never doubted the FFXIII demo. Everyone who bought a ps3 for it is still crazy though
A portion of these are probably people who are planning to buy a PS3 for FFXIII, and then sell it. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year shakes out, and then how things shake out with the FFXIII launch next year. Gran Turismo will be interesting - it definitely has some hardcore fans, but I have no idea how the God of War userbase is in Japan.

Jonnyram said:
You are totally missing his point.
Square Enix knows they can sell more on PS3, in Japan, at least. But they CHOOSE to go the other way. They have a plan and they're sticking to it.

Sounds like Wada is a great businessman.

Top Bottom