• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most satisfying gore & violence

I'd have to opt for Manhunt above all else I think. The violence in that game was especially visceral, vicious, bone-crunching and out right nasty. I haven't played it in an aeon so I don't know how well it's aged, but at the time it definitely struck a chord with me.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The Take Out Bandit said:
I wish we would get a current generation Bloodrayne.

They were never great games, but they were great fun. Thought BR1 was beter than BR2 in terms of game play and stages though.

BR1 was indeed better than BR2, but I seem to remember the beginning of the first level in BR2 having a sorta shiny floor that would mirror the environment which, if you used Rayne's evening dress costume, would let you see her panties, so I guess it sorta evens out :lol

Dibbz

Killzone 3

kz3-brutal01-o.gif

ultron87

Another vote here for Gears of Wars headshots.

They are so amazing that when you shoot an enemy in the face with a sniper rifle and it doesn't happen, it is incredibly disappointing. (I'm looking at you stupid meatshield Grinders and Boomers.)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Kinyou said:
The fight against Hermes was also extremely brutal and gratifying.

2n6bxqh.jpg

2d8nofs.jpg
Whne it comes to Satisfying YES, thiS

that fuck was SO annoying,

and when it came to the end.....soooooo good beating the shit out of em

Thoraxes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8zqgj2sw0
Easily this: Madworld for the Wii.

I bought it at launch and it still remains one of favorite games on the Wii. No game has brought me constant joy like the gameplay of Madworld for the Wii.

I played it for 12 hour the first day I got it, and just giggled with happiness when I saw something new and awesome. Eventually I made a tour around to all of my friends to show them the game and they all had the same reaction as me.

Amazingly fun game!

"I don't help people, I kill them" - Jack

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I like the stuff in Magicka. Using a steam-lightning-arcane sword slash never seems to get old.

BeeDog

When it comes to the "violence" bit, I've 'grown particularly fond' of the violence displayed in Yakuza 3/4. The over-the-top HEAT moves are incredibly hilarious and incredibly violent, and I honestly never tire of shoving my foot/fist into the face of a random cocky thug.

stuminus3

To this day I still get a kick out of shooting the jetpack guys in Duke Nukem 3D when they're in the air. Such a satisfying splat when they hit the ground.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Most satisfying without a doubt is the Soldier of Fortune franchise. Why other games don't use that "zone" system is beyond me.

SamuraiX-

revolverjgw said:
I absolutely loved shooting guys and watching their blood splatter against the wall in Perfect Dark. Especially with those dual Uzi-style guns. SPURT

This man knows waz up.

Best blood/gore fun available on the N64.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I think the point of the Manhunt voilence was to be uncomfortable not 'satisfying' but each to his own I guess.

Also anyone else remember the arcade game Bloodstorm?

Hiltz

MadWorld's ultraviolence is basically unrivaled. It results in a lot of blood spilling, bone breaking, and various forms of decapitated body parts.

Check the video to witness some of carnage! (same video posted by Thoraxes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8zqgj2sw0&feature=related

- Stab an enemy through the back with large scissors, then use it pick them up and vertically tear through their torso to slice em in half.

- Slice an opponent with a vertical chainsaw motion starting at the torso. Then rip out their spine and throw it at his lifeless body.

- Perform a horizontal chainsaw to decapitate an opponent at the knees then stomp on their head.

- Shove a sign post through an opponent's skull then toss them into a razor-edged trash dumpster to decapitate their body at the torso.

- Skewer multiple enemies on a spear through the torso and then do a helicopter spin to slice em. Finish things off with a downward swing of the spear to cut em in half.

- Pick up an enemy and slam them down on a giant spike through the groin.

- Shove a chainsaw through Big Bull's chin and slice upwards followed by a violent tug to the the side to rip his head off.

- Slam an opponent into a rose bush (spiked wall) multiple times to penetrate through his torso.

- Grab an enemy by the throat while on his knees, then apply enough downward pressure on his back to snap his spine.

- Stand over an enemy and stab him multiple times with a pair of scimatars to gut him like a fish. Then proceed to remove the spine with head intact and throw it at the corpse.

- Hold an opponent down and vertically chainsaw slice through his torso and face.

- Use large scissors to pick up an enemy by the torso to hold them in the air while you forcibly cut away at their intestines.

- Use a katana to slice off an enemy's arms then hortizontally cut their their torso in half.

- Punch an enemy in the face then push them into a meat grinder.

Epic pretty much has that shit cornered, and better yet, it's done in an entertaining way. I honestly can't think of many games this generation that even bothers with gore. Bloody shame. I guess KZ3 had some gory bits, but it didn't look entertaining. Unless you're a fucking psychopath.

Sato Koiji said:
Manhunt.jpg

Most sickest atmosphere I've ever seen in a videogame. Im not even mentioning the gore...
i the fuck did i forget about this?? so many great nights with friends playing this on the hardest difficulty lol

jett

D-Member
Headshot kills in KZ2 have a really nice crunchy sound to them. Dead Space games too, dat crunch.

Overall the God of War games take the cake. Everything you do to your enemies is immensely satisfying and is what sets it apart from other games in the genre.

Stitch

Gold Member
jetjevons said:
I think the point of the Manhunt voilence was to be uncomfortable not 'satisfying' but each to his own I guess.

i think almost everyone in manhunt is a murderer, rapist, sadist, whatever so yeah it's pretty satisfying :p

I'm not 13 anymore and violent videogames are pretty commonplace nowadays, so generally it's not a big deal when a gory game comes along. However, Gears 2 managed to be ridiculously gory enough to make me smile like a 13 year old kid again.

Edit: And yeah, there actually are a few games that I genuinely find offensive. Manhunt was one of them. Army of Two (only played the first one) was another. The way it trivialized current, real-life wars rubbed me the wrong way.

Binabik15

Jagged Alliance 2.

Exploding heads with fountains of blood gushing out. Cutting of heads and carrying them around in your backpack. Shooting people on a rooftop, making them fall down in ridiculously melodramatic poses.

Can´t find screens, though.

Battle chess.

Towers eating stuff never got old when I was younger.

Go_Ly_Dow

God of War.

Yakuza - whilst it's not really gory gory its still extremely satisfying when you smash a cocky punks head against a railing and not to forget all the Yakuza bosses who get taught a lesson.

Dolphin%202011-02-06%2022-37-21-96.bmp

It's the perfect violent game.
You actually do the motions of the attacks making you feel a part of it.
You get points for being MORE violent.
And you have fucking Greg Proops and John Dimaggio cheering you on!

How can you not love this game?

M_Night said:
Yakuza - whilst it's not really gory gory its still extremely satisfying when you smash a cocky punks head against a railing and not to forget all the Yakuza bosses who get taught a lesson.

2pyro9d.gif

but yeah, God of War (III) wins this thread.

Top Bottom