• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most satisfying gore & violence

Neiteio

Funny that squashing a cockroach in Animal Crossing feels more violent than all this other shit you guys are posting. I mean, in GOW3, yes, I just used that bosomy half-naked chick's mangled torso to jam the gears and keep the doors open. It even had a crunchy sound effect. That's violent AND sexist. But it's in GOW3, so it's par for the course. But when you take a life in Animal Crossing... a place otherwise devoid of pain and suffering... you become a monster.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I wish someone had the balls to release a game with gore like Soldier of Fortune updated for modern technology. The industry has regressed in a lot of ways since that period of time - almost all old FPS games had gibs, these days you're lucky to get some sort of gruesome headshot and that's about it.

Snuggler said:
sub-topic: do you enjoy seeing your enemies die in magnificently violent ways, does extreme violence enhance your enjoyment of a game?

Absolutely, well done gore sure does.

Neiteio said:
Funny that squashing a cockroach in Animal Crossing feels more violent than all this other shit you guys are posting. I mean, in GOW3, yes, I just used that bosomy half-naked chick's mangled torso to jam the gears and keep the doors open. It even had a crunchy sound effect. That's violent AND sexist. But it's in GOW3, so it's par for the course. But when you take a life in Animal Crossing... a place otherwise devoid of pain and suffering... you become a monster.

...the hell? Animal Crossing is one of the most evil and depraved places ever conceived by criminally insane and demented human minds.

camp.jpg

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing

I'm surprised Red Dead Redemption hasn't been mentioned... the violence in that game is really satisfying, what with Dead Eye and the Euphoria physics engine. Also, dragging guys with a lasso is awesome.

500x_rdr2.jpg

I agree with many choices in this thread though.

Top Bottom