• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard is pushing to release Diablo III this year

Pooya

mentioned during conference call
Activision Fiscal Year = Calendar Year

capture5kon7.jpg

Mike Morhaime said:
The timing on the Diablo III release date will come down to a lot of moving parts in putting out a complex release. We talked about the new auction house technology which has not been fully tested. We’re not yet in beta, and it’s just going to come down to when the game is ready for primetime. So, we’ll know more when we hit beta and when we’ve put some of these new systems into test. “It’s a brand new infrastructure with a lot of moving parts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I almost, almost want to PM a mod for a ban bet that Diablo III won't come out this year (as in before 31th December).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yoshichan said:
I almost, almost want to PM a mod for a ban bet that Diablo III won't come out this year (as in before 31th December).

I'll join ya in this suicide cult/pact. Back in 2008/9 I said the game wouldn't be out for 2012 and people laughed and mocked me.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No chance on it being released this year.
Yoshichan said:
As if Diablo 3 coming out this year wasn't enough to hope for.

Freki

Yoshichan said:

I'll take you up on it - D3 will come out this year ;-)

mik83kuu

Banned
They said this in the last conference call a month-and-a-half ago and also once again last week in the closed fansite press event. So they have said it three times now during the past two months.

BELIEVE!

Yoshichan said:
I wouldn't doubt a push back at this point. If it's already August and they still haven't even said when the hell beta will actually start, it doesn't seem likely for the game to release this year. Everything would have to go smooth as hell. They also said they have no regrets if they have to make it a early 2012 release in order to live up to their quality label.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'd be willing to bet it doesn't come out this year (which is fine because this fall/winter is absolutely ridiculous as far as great games goes) but I wouldn't say no to D3 this year.

I wish they'd go back to old style organization of Battle.net. Still dislike the new one. Should be one of their bullet points there.

Anyway I hope they make it this year for Diablo 3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lupinko said:
Is Heart of the Swarm coming out of this year too? Or whatever it's called again.
Definitely not, considering we don't have a beta release date for that either. If there's gonna be new multiplayer units in it, there's no chance they'll be able to fit it in this year.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
No way is D3 coming out this year. It's August, the beta hasn't started yet, the paid AH is untested and they'll have little time to ramp up a marketing campaign in the midst of a gigantic fall release schedule from other publishers. It's going to be 2012.

Zzoram

We'll be lucky to see either HotS or Diablo III this year. We definitely won't see both of them.

I personally don't know what I'd rather come out first. Probably Diablo III, then have the SC2/D3 expansions alternate so I have incentive to bounce back and forth between the games.

Lothars

Zzoram said:
We'll be lucky to see either HotS or Diablo III this year. We definitely won't see both of them.

I personally don't know what I'd rather come out first. Probably Diablo III, then have the SC2/D3 expansions alternate so I have incentive to bounce back and forth between the games.

HOTS is not coming out this year, I bet Diablo III will be out in december of this year.

any whispers about a potential release date for Heart of the Swarm?

Also, on topic, release seems a bit unlikely for 2011. Internal beta has been going for a while I guess but the marketing hype train hasn't yet left the station for the greater gaming public.

Freki

Painraze said:
No way is D3 coming out this year. It's August, the beta hasn't started yet, the paid AH is untested and they'll have little time to ramp up a marketing campaign in the midst of a gigantic fall release schedule from other publishers. It's going to be 2012.

Beta is tiny as shit - as in 60-90mins tiny as shit

theres not much to test - so October and November for Beta - Dec rls

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
As long as they don't sacrifice anything to get it out this year, I'm perfectly fine with this. It would be yet another title to this holiday's stellar lineup, but I don't think it will get lost in the shuffle among those who care about Diablo.

StuBurns

Banned
shintoki said:
DOTA 2.0 and Diablo III this year. This holiday season, it will rain.
Is Dota 2 still this year? They said the Beta was, I gathered the game was getting pushed. Although the difference between Beta and gold shouldn't be that much I guess.

Blizzard-time was around before Valve-time; do not forget your past, youngin'.

Also: I'd be surprised to see it launch before Duke Nukem Fore... aw fuck.

DaBuddaDa

I'm pushing for Blizzard to release Diablo III this year...although that would be two games from Valve and one from Blizzard in the same year, which would probably cause the universe to fold in on itself.

Top Bottom