• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard is pushing to release Diablo III this year

Valnen

MrKnives said:
My pleasure.
If you get in and get a extra key "for a friend" you know where to find me ^^
The problem is, if they handle this like they have handled the past couple betas there won't be "keys". They simply attach the beta directly to the battle.net account and e-mail you saying to download the client and start playing.

Zaptruder said:
I suppose what the system does do though is stop people from rerolling new characters for new builds - which could stifle low/mid level play when the community is more mature. With this sort of a system, is there any incentive for rerolling?

That said, it's kinda the same situation that exists in WoW; so maybe that's the kind of end game they'll go for?

i.e. hit max level, and the second half of the game begins - grinding for the loot that you actually aim to keep.

Like many, I'm not real wild about the liberal respec idea...but the last line here really isn't all that different from the Diablo I/II endgame. Especially in II: LoD 1.11+, after they added the "uber" versions of bosses that could only be defeated at high level with good gear.

Top Bottom