• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review Thread

Pranay

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-logo-627x264.gif

Embargo ends in 10 mins so expect whole lot of reviews coming in

Reviews uptil now -
Gamespot - 8.5
1up - A-
gametrailers - 9.3
Gamesreactor - 8
Eurogamer - 8
IGN - 9
Giantbomb - 4/5
Edge - 9
Everyeye.it - 9/10
Videogame.it 5/5
Destructoid: 95
OXM - 9.5
Gameinformer - 90
Joystiq - 4.5/5
Telegraph - 100
Videogame.it - 5/5PALGN: 85
Videogame.it 5/5
CVG: 9/10
Gamer.no 7/10
BigPondArena: 95
Playnation - 4.5/5
allaboutthegames - 5/5
Gamezone Review 9 / 10

So much for 'COD fatigue'. Plenty of haters were predicting an 80 metacritic. Hope the game outsells Black Ops since it looks so much better.

GlamFM

Banned
Kermit The Frog said:
So much for 'COD fatigue'. Plenty of haters were predicting an 80 metacritic. Hope the game outsells Black Ops since it looks so much better.

I´m surprised. Not a "hater", but I really was expecting 80s and high 70s after having played it for around 13 hours.

Activision is a powerful company indeed.

Radec

Kermit The Frog said:
this aint a treyarch game so 80ish meta would be hard to get.

:p

Card Boy

Banned
Add my review: Gez - 5 out of 5

Get this game guys its worth the hype! I spent almost 4 hours with it online today and its amazing.

X26

Banned
Kermit The Frog said:

like who? big games with tons of hype are guaranteed 90%+ avg regardless of quality, everyone knows this. User feedback is what matters.

So about 9 average. Will probably drop to 86ish in a few weeks, I'm guessing.

A bit disappointed that people are saying the campaign is less insane than 2. I kinda wish they topped no russian with a section where you had to kill toddlers riding golden retrievers.

Will probably just borrow it from a friend to blast through the campaign. Don't have time for MP these days.

Vomiaouaf

Interesting review from EDGE. Wasn't expecting this kind of enthusiasm, but maybe I'm tainted by brand fatigue after the mitigated experience I've had with Black Ops (interactive movie single player and teen-overload online). Good to see that IW kept its vision clean, though.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Looking forward to see how Respawn's efforts measure up down the road.

As for this, I'll pick it up in a few days :)

Top Bottom