• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review Thread

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
spuit*11 said:
Gamespy tweet before they deleted the message. I wonder why.

L2q0K.png
I'm awaiting their 5/5 review.

jdmonmou

Woke up this morning to see my local news covering the midnight launches for the game. Those lines looked very long. Thank goodness for amazon release date delivery. I don't see myself standing in line at midnight for a game until GTA 5 comes out.

El_Six

Neo Member
I Like it......yeah that’s all I have to say what want to fight about it lol...
Is it bad I am afraid to state my opinion because I might cause a flame war? Sadly that’s how I feel about gaming now a days I liked the days where you could say what you felt and death threats weren't involved XD.

Daft_Cat

El_Six said:
Is it bad I am afraid to state my opinion because I might cause a flame war? Sadly that’s how I feel about gaming now a days I liked the days where you could say what you felt and death threats weren't involved XD.

I think you're overstating it a bit there, junior. Glad you're enjoying the game so far.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
El_Six said:
It's not like you're the only person that likes it.

LifEndz

henhowc said:
Reviews look about on par with BF3 so far.

Is Jeff always this snarky in his Giant Bomb reviews?

Yep. That cynical condescending demeanor is why I don't go to Giantbomb for anything but quicklooks.

El_Six

Neo Member
Secret_Riddle said:
I think you're overstating it a bit there, junior. Glad you're enjoying the game so far.

...junior cause i don't post, remeber dont post you dont go anywhere.

LifEndz said:
Yep. That cynical condescending demeanor is why I don't go to Giantbomb for anything but quicklooks.

Meh, snarky makes a much better read than pretty much every other masturbatory review these days.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
See You Next Wednesday said:
Love the fanboy tears from the reviews having MW2 trounce Battlefiled 3 even though they are admitting the game is nothing more than MW2.5,

Trounce?

zlatko

Banned
I'm sort of surprised at how high they are, because with all the stuff being stacked up against this game it still managed to impress the games media.

I'm a little more excited to play in the next hour and hope it's as fun as these reviews make it out to be.

RooMHM

Imp the Dimp said:
Say what? You don't need to play the game in order to score it appropriately? That's bizarre.
It depends how you score games. If innovation and uniqueness is a big factor. You indeed don't need to play.

To EDGE, reused mo-cap assets are a "a visual link, and a piece of ambient narrative". What. The. FUCK.

I like MW, but how much more ludicrous can you get?

" and military characters you actually give a damn about"

Oh...

Genesis Knight said:
To EDGE, reused mo-cap assets are a "a visual link, and a piece of ambient narrative". What. The. FUCK.

Oh...

Soap & Price >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other military games with characters.

Dabanton

Genesis Knight said:

Oh...

Well Price is a great character as is Soap thinly sketched but memorable certainly better than the nonentity DICE presented in BF3.

Genesis Knight said:

Oh...

What's funnier is the IW and Sledgehammer folks probably never thought of that at all and now in interviews they'll be all like "Yeah, EDGE saw exactly what we were going for, Kudos!". LOL

LifEndz

Deadly Cyclone said:
That's why I go to Giant Bomb.

To each their own I guess. It's like they feel obligated to make that same quip whenever the latest iteration of a game in a series comes out. "If you want more Batman, get more Batman" "It's another Uncharted game" "It's a Call of Duty game....so...yeah."

Revenant

See You Next Wednesday said:
Soap & Price >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other military games with characters.

no

love GB's review, "proper multiplayer is probably the reason you showed up, and it's once again a fast moving game of "shoot that guy!".

reviews don't surprise me, I'm sure activision "guided the process" like all publishers seem to do for these games. The fact that some people say SP is underwhelming is disappointing, as i was renting it just for that reason, with maybe a 5 hours or so in MP unless it absolutely blows me away.

Proc

paperboywriter said:
any words on how the ps3-version differs compared to 360 and PC?

Screens that I've seen show the 360 looking a bit better with less jaggies and a bit more effects: http://n4g.com/news/880354/modern-warfare-3-xbox-360-vs-ps3-hd-screenshot-comparison-head2head.

Load times are slightly faster on 360 too.

PC will obviously be the best performer but I prefer to grab this on the consoles with elite.

The differences seem negligible so I'm happy that I grabbed a ps3 hardened copy last night.

Top Bottom