• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review Thread

pramath

Banned
Meisadragon said:
Metacritic really doesn't matter. As long as people enjoy playing COD games, it isn't going anywhere.
I know, it just gave me a feeling of personal satisfaction seeing it at >90 :(

pramath

Banned
Gravijah said:
i find it hard to find fault with a series for "being too samey" when i'm a fan of a series that people throw the same criticisms at.
Pokemon? I agree, although there is a different argument to be made there that I won't get into.
Zelda? Lol no.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
jabuseika said:
Modern Warfare 94
Modern Warfare 2 94
Modern Warfare 3 89

Welp, there goes the series to the trash. /notserious

that's how things work

I1vU3l.png

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Feature said:
wow no way this can score perfect on the graphics point. Not only has it never changed graphics, it looks ugly.

+ the scripted events are just annoying. Are the endless spawning enemies still there?

Exactly what I was thinking. How the hell can a game that really looks similar even be lauded for its graphics which has been relatively the same for the past 3-4 years?

Same with reviewers loving bits or feigning that they don't give a shit about respawning enemies because it's CoD.

To put it bluntly, sites, especially 1UP and Gametrailers REALLY do have a chubby whenever CoD is concerned.

heck, Calling it now! CoD will win the FPS in the VGAs! Not that that awards show matters, but Shane Satterfield (GT EiC of content) being in it, will make it a lock.

I get why some people want the franchise to "fail." I want the franchise and Activision to be humbled a bit so that they'll innovate or at least try something new. Not to mention I don't want every goddamn FPS to be a CoD clone...which is happening now because suits want TEH $$$ and CoD-like gameplay brings that.

Reviews are irrelevant. Even if the game gets sub 80 reviews, as long as the sales are high, suits and Acti won't give a shit.

excaliburps said:
Exactly what I was thinking. How the hell can a game that really looks similar even be lauded for its graphics which has been relatively the same for the past 3-4 years?
There is a lot going on, amazing set pieces. 60FPS.

TheOddOne

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Jim Sterling has lost his touch. Am disappoint
His review seems a bit standard, usually Sterling goes in on topics but this review is more like something out a PR box.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The score was already posted, but our review can be read here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravijah said:
did they pay you in kangaroo meat for that review?

I didn't write it and they never pay us :(.

EatChildren

overcast

It looks too same for me, surprised to see it reviewed so well. Though AAA games getting well reviewed is no surprise.

lilltias

MW3 is going to curb stomp everything sales wise.

I'm going to play the campaign and then I'm going to cry in the shower because I enjoyed it. Then I'm going to hate the game again because that's what you do with the cod games.

jabuseika

Wow, at the user reviews on metacritic.

The rage flood.

It went from 0 to 37 negative reviews in a matter of minutes, totally authentic.

BowieZ

Banned
snack said:
popcorn.gif

I love it when haters take time from their day just to write a downright biased review.
My theory is that for every pre-ordained biased negative review there is one pre-ordained biased positive one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
VG247 has another round up. I'll avoid editing to avoid overwrites.

They all have links there and I think some are missing.

VG247 said:
Eurogamer – 8
D’Toid – 9.5
IGN – 9
GiantBomb – 4/5
Edge – 9
1UP – A-
Videogamer – 9
VentureBeat – N/A
Joystiq – 4.5/5
ShackNews – N/A
CVG – 9
Game Informer – 9
Digital Spy – 4/5
PSU – 9
Everyeye.It – 9
Gamer.no – 7
Xboxygen – 3/5
Eurogamer.de – 9
Metro – 9
The Guardian – 5/5
GameTrailers – 9.3
Play3.de – 8.5
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/08/mw3-reviews-start-hitting-online/

RS4-

Feature said:
wow no way this can score perfect on the graphics point. Not only has it never changed graphics, it looks ugly.

+ the scripted events are just annoying. Are the endless spawning enemies still there?
Yup, endless enemies are still there.

Dabanton

Very solid scores but it seems again some people in this thread are a bit too emotionally affected by what this game scores.

I mean wishing a game gets a bad metacritic. Really? Something must be missing from a person life for them to care that much about that. Especially if they have no intention of playing it.

haha.

Bad7667

RS4- said:
Yup, endless enemies are still there.
Not only are they still in the game, but Blops had less in its entire campaign than MW3 does in the 2 hours I've played.

Why does any developer think that it is fun to have enemies come from the same area and do the same animation and go in the same place, where I just killed his 5 other clones, I'll never understand.

mxgt

Banned
Don't know why this series gets such high scores for graphics. Looks like shit on consoles and is pretty outdated visually on PC too.

mxgt said:
Don't know why this series gets such high scores for graphics. Looks like shit on consoles and is pretty outdated visually on PC too.

It runs at 60fps (or at least around that most of the time) and that helps a lot with the visuals. It definitely doesn't look like shit on consoles.

Sh1ner

definitely skipping. Gonna test my bros copy of BF3 on my PC in MP to see how well it runs before buying a copy myself. I expect it to run like shit as bad company 2 mp runs horribly on my PC even tho the SP ran so smooth.

lol at the people insinuating moneyhats. So many BF3 hype riders were hoping this franchise was going to go down in flames. Imagine the rage when MW3 outsells BF3.

And again, the ENTIRE gaming journalism finds on concensus on wether a game if good, average or bad. I can assure you there'll be numerous users out there being displeased with MW3 (as with any game which is a perfectly normal thing to happen) and yet the scores do not reflect that at all. *sigh*

subversus said:
lol Edge is a joke. All remains of respect for them are lost.

Have you played it yet? What's so bad about simply accepting an opinion that's not your own?

ShogunX

Disappointing that the industry is still rewarding phoned is sequels like this one with high review scores and great press despite the fact that very few notable changes have been made to the game. Honestly cant believe that Activision are still getting away with this year after year but I guess the Call of Duty name is now that strong that people who are on the fence will still get caught up in the hype and end up a day one buyer.

Still cant believe we have come from COD2 to this auto kill pile of shit we see today.

Top Bottom