• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida [OT]- You know what this is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Spotted in Gainesville:

original.jpg

Izick

The Bugs Bunny gif will be posted within ten posts from now.

EDIT: Guess not.

EDIT 2: Should have said within 50 posts or something.

Steelrain

Lol that's actually pretty funny.

Better than that stick figure shit or pissing calvin.

Anyway, we need a real Florida OT I think. Too many haters in this bitch.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Underwear clad intruder searching home for tennis balls arrested

Charles-Snowden.jpg

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. -
A man clad only in ripped underwear was arrested after breaking into an Ormond Beach home, police said.

Charles Snowden, 41, was booked into the Volusia County jail in Daytona Beach on a charge of burglary of an occupied dwelling.

Volusia County deputies said Snowden claimed he was looking for tennis balls when he was found loitering outside a woman's home.

Deputies were dispatched to the neighborhood after the Sheriff’s Office received a call at 7:16 a.m. Wednesday from a woman who lives on Woodcrest Drive.

“I just woke up. There was a strange man walking in my house,” the woman told a dispatcher. “He’s walking down the street right now. He’s in underwear -- ripped.”

The woman told deputies that she awoke to the sound of an intruder coming through her sliding-glass doors before he rummaged through the silverware drawer in the kitchen, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Afraid to confront the man, the woman said she waited until the intruder walked out the front door and then called for help.

The woman said she didn't notice anything missing from her house.

Deputies spotted Snowden, dressed only in a pair of boxer shorts, a few minutes later.

Deputies said Snowden claimed that he had been visiting a resident in the area and was looking for tennis balls for his friend’s dog.

He said he took his clothes off because he had gotten them wet while doing some pressure washing earlier in the day, according to deputies.

Snowden, who appeared to be under the influence of an undetermined substance, denied being in the victim’s house, according to deputies.

He was arrested and was being held on $1,500 bond.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
But he has a Pittsburgh logo on his car. Really this is a stealth shit on Pittsburgh thread.

No, this is normal in Florida. A lot of the "fans" of local teams are only fair weather fans. As such, a lot of the more diehard sports fans are transplants from other cities. New Yorkers especially. Hell, a healthy percentage of our sports talk radio ends up being about NY sports teams.

tl;dr - Steelers logo on a Florida resident's car? Not surprising.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I foresee this thread going great places

until it gets locked and drops like a mafioso drops a body in the river with concrete.

goober

No, this is normal in Florida. A lot of the "fans" of local teams are only fair weather fans. As such, a lot of the more diehard sports fans are transplants from other cities. New Yorkers especially. Hell, a healthy percentage of our sports talk radio ends up being about NY sports teams.

tl;dr - Steelers logo on a Florida resident's car? Not surprising.

This man speaks the truth. Def a Floridian.

ChiTownBuffalo

Cape Coral man shoots dor to door salesman. Shoots second time for effect. Previously pulled gun on meter maid.

A former prosecutor described him Thursday as a “time bomb” because seven years ago, he pointed a gun at a woman who simply wanted to read his electric meter.

On Wednesday, Kenneth Roop, 52, of Cape Coral, pointed a gun again, police say, and this time fired two shots, telling police he was “in fear.” He is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Nick Rainey, 30, who wanted to sell him frozen steaks and lobster.

Rainey, an employee of Blue Ribbon Steak and Seafood, had just knocked on Roop’s door at 1815 SW 30th Terrace and gotten no response when Roop pulled into the driveway, driving a pickup, according to an arrest report released Thursday.

Explaining his actions to police after the shooting, Roop said he became “more than a little nervous” as Rainey walked down the driveway toward his truck and appeared to have something in his hand.

As Rainey drew within 4 feet, Roop grabbed his 9mm Glock from his pocket and fired once, striking Rainey in the shoulder, he told police. Rainey fell to the ground, screaming, ‘You shot me,’ in what Roop described as an “antagonistic” manner, according to the report.

Roop said he was still in fear and thought Rainey was reaching for something, so he shot Rainey once more in the back of the head, “for effect,” the report said. A company order brochure and cell phone were found near Rainey’s body.

Roop told detectives Rainey should have respected his three “No Trespassing” signs and explained he didn’t warn Rainey after pulling his weapon because, “I’m not going to give him the chance to do something to me; I was in fear.” He told police he believes he possesses 14 firearms.

A similar situation

Seven years ago, Roop pulled a weapon and threatened a power company meter reader who had walked onto his property in Wildwood, south of Ocala, according to former prosecutor Ray Sotomayor.

Sotomayor led the state’s case against Roop in 2005, when he was charged with improper exhibition of a weapon.

Sotomayor said the uniformed meter reader approached his home to perform her job when she was confronted by Roop, who was aiming his gun directly at her. He said she was terrified.

“I have no doubt he pointed it directly at her heart,” he said. “This guy had a screw loose."

He said Roop’s outlook was similar to “militia-minded, anti-government” types and that he was obsessed with the idea of guarding his home. Sotomayor recalled Roop saying: “I have a right to protect my property and my land. Nobody need come on there.”

“I knew this guy was a time bomb, I really did,” Sotomayor said. “It’s unfortunate we didn’t get him convicted.”

Roop was found not guilty by a jury. It is the only charge on Roop’s record, according to his attorney, Marquin Rinard.

He was just selling food

John Godfrey, who was selling meat with Rainey on Wednesday, said Rainey had no idea what was coming.

“That’s the eerie part,” Godfrey said. “There was no warning; there was no yelling.”

Once Rainey lay face down on the driveway, bleeding after the first shot, Godfrey said Roop sat in his truck for a few seconds before pointing his weapon once more at the back of Rainey’s head.

“That’s murder, execution-style,” he said. “The guy showed no emotion whatsoever.”

Donna Perillo, who lived two doors down from Roop for about a year, said he was known as “the nut job from the block” and had called police several times on neighborhood children playing in the street near his home.

Perillo said the children, between the ages of 4 and 8, would ride their bikes up and down the street.

“He kept saying if they step foot on my property, they’re trespassing,” she said.

Each time, officers came and talked to the man and told him the kids were allowed to play in the street, she said.

“The cops came several times and said the man’s not all there, so have them pick a different turn-around point (on their bikes)," she said.

At his first appearance Thursday morning, where bond was denied, Roop politely answered the judge’s questions with “Yes, ma’am.” A woman who identified herself as Rainey’s mom yelled out, “He shot my son in cold blood.”

Rinard said his client attends a local church, though he declined to say which one, and is also a member of the Caloosa Dive Club, where he won underwater video and photo awards. Roop is self-employed as an underwater photographer, he said.

Roop is listed as the president of Ancient Island Educational Media. The company’s website describes Roop as a Christian, economist and cave diver.

Rinard said it was too early to tell whether Florida’s stand-your-ground law might be used as a defense.

“Obviously, whatever avenues are available, we will explore them,” he said.

You're missing a good one, Chi.

Man crashes, strips at Bridge of Lions

St. Augustine Police have identified the man who caused a two-car accident on the Bridge of Lions on Wednesday, stripped off his clothes and ran to the Castillo de San Marcos.

Gregory John Jarousek, 39, of Flagler Beach, is still at Orange Park Medical Center in critical condition, said SAPD spokesman Sgt. Brian Frasca. Jarousek had surgery last night and is going into surgery again today.

When he is released from the hospital, he will likely be charged with fleeing the scene of an accident and resisting arrest without violence, Frasca said.

PREVIOUS VERSION:

The Bridge of Lions was closed for about four hours Wednesday afternoon after a driver crashed through two of the bridge’s guard gates, flipped his pickup truck, stripped off his clothes and ran to the Castillo de San Marcos.

The man, whose identity has not been released, was driving his small white truck west across the bridge at about 1:30 p.m., said St. Augustine Police Department spokesman Sgt. Brian Frasca.

The drawbridge had just closed after letting through boats, but the bridge’s gates were still down. The driver sped through the metal and wooden gates, hit a large Ford pickup in the eastbound lane and flipped on its side on the bridge, Frasca said.

After his truck came to rest, the driver got out and ran down the bridge and along Avenida Menendez toward the fort, Frasca said. As he ran, blood streaming down the front of his head, he started taking off his clothes.

His shorts were found near some horse carriages on Avenida Menendez.

The driver ran into the fort and up onto the second story. Frasca said police officers and National Park Service employees cornered the man in a room to secure him and he tried to fight back.

“He tried to fight everybody,” Frasca said. “I guess he realized he couldn’t, so he climbed over the railing and jumped.”

The man fell about 14 feet, Frasca said, hitting the back of his head when he landed.

Police secured him on the ground and paramedics and fire rescue workers treated his injuries at the scene.

The man was flown to Orange Park Medical Center with a fractured skull. Frasca said it is most likely this injury was a result of the man’s fall from the balcony, not the crash.

The people in the truck that was hit on the bridge were not injured.

The man is facing possible charges of fleeing the scene of an accident and resisting arrest with violence, Frasca said.

Police are waiting for the results of a toxicology report before pressing additional charges, he said. Results could take about two to three months.

While the bridge was closed for repairs, traffic was rerouted to State Road 312.

The broken gates caused malfunctions with the drawbridge’s locking sensors.

Steelrain

Damn, the crazies be up in North/Central Florida.

South Florida is where the cool shit's at.

I lived up on the panhandle for a year and shared a house with my buddy who's a cop....some crazy shit goes down on the panhandle. Specifically Destin/Fort Walton area. It's pretty much lower Alabama.

ChiTownBuffalo

Damn, the crazies be up in North/Central Florida.

South Florida is where the cool shit's at.

Woman jailed in Vero Beach Pringles attack.

VERO BEACH, Fla. -- A woman accused of conking her father with a Pringles can and knocking out a tooth was arrested on a battery charge, according to a recently released affidavit.

The purported potato crisp pummeling played out July 19 in Vero Beach as the father of Amanda Lynn Lozier, 26, told Indian River County Sheriff's investigators he and his daughter were arguing about her smoking cigarettes.

Lozier's father said Lozier came from the kitchen and struck him in the mouth with a Pringles can, which knocked out a tooth from his lower jaw. Lozier's father also said Lozier scratched his neck.

Meanwhile, Lozier said she was in her room and her father wouldn't leave her alone.

Described as "noticeably intoxicated," Lozier experienced difficulty in having a conversation.

The affidavit didn't specify whether the can actually contained Pringles, which are available in flavors including sour cream and onion, pizza, jalapeño and loaded baked potato.

Lozier, of the 400 block of 14th Place Southwest in Vero Beach, was arrested on a misdemeanor battery / domestic violence charge.

That was excellent alliteration.

Clydefrog

OP should have been Alligatorjandro. It's no fair the self-proclaimed GAF-King of Chicago gets to post the Florida |OT| thread.

RobbieNick

Might I direct you to the show "What the Fuck is Wrong With You?" Which you can find on thatguywiththeglasses.com every late friday night. I swear, every other story on there is from Flordia. WTF is up with that state?

Steelrain

Might I direct you to the show "What the Fuck is Wrong With You?" Which you can find on thatguywiththeglasses.com every late friday night. I swear, every other story on there is from Flordia. WTF is up with that state?

What state do you live in? I've got a surprise for you.

Necrovex

Indeed. O'Brien's have amazing wings too :D

I've never hit up O'Brien before, and I lived in this city for more than two decades. Heh, maybe I'll give it a try.

Though, I'll give it to Brandon that, as of last year, has an amazing bar. World of Beer quality without all of the bros being there. <3 Brass Tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom