• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida [OT]- You know what this is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee-Row

Banned
Since this is a Florida thread i'll post my teams arenas!

TBTF-unveil.jpg

raymond_580.jpg

tropicana-field.jpg

800px-AmwayCenterFirstGame1.jpg

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Soy de Hialeah, papi.

I live in Miramar now.

Hey Florida GAF. What's the best thing about living in the Sunshine State?

Two to three weeks out of the year, usually somewhere in the dead of "winter" when it's nice out. Otherwise, it's a sauna.

Serious answer: Lots of female eye-candy. Home of possibly the most hated team in sports. Go Heat!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Representin' the North Dade, yo!

I recall a few people planning to go to it. We're also trying to set up a South Florida meetup, but like typical South Floridians we're very indecisive.
I say we make the starting point Tap42. Centrally located, great selection, and good atmosphere.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Being able to wear shorts on Christmas is a great thing about Florida.

Also no snow or blizzards.

This is what convinces me I was born in the wrong place. 99% of everyone down here is miserable when it's below 60F here. I'm ecstatic because I love the crisp air, the cool wind, and the fact I get to finally wear "winter" clothing (read: long sleeve shirt and/or a light jacket).

Nizz

Being able to wear shorts on Christmas is a great thing about Florida.

Also no snow or blizzards.
I still remember my first Christmas down here. So weird to be in a short sleeve shirt and not bundled up in a goose coat or leather jacket. Seeing Christmas lights out on palm trees didn't compute with me.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey Florida GAF. What's the best thing about living in the Sunshine State?
Having come from Atlanta...being able to buy alcohol on Sunday.

andthebeatgoeson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/walton-henry-buttler-shooting-hate-crime_n_1730256.html

A Florida man expressed indignation after being arrested July 30 for supposedly shooting a black man in the head, explaining to police that he had "only shot a n----r," police said.

Walton Henry Butler, 59, allegedly shot the 32-year-old Everett Gant in the head, who visited his Port Saint Joe apartment to confront him about making racist comments to children in the apartment complex, according to the Broward Palm Beach New Times. The blog reports that Butler proceeded to eat dinner as Gant lay bleeding outside his door and cites an affidavit saying that Butler used the racial slur when questioned by the sheriff.

Butler is charged with attempted murder with a hate crime enhancement.

Police said Butler called 911, and expressed confusion at his arrest. "He was brought to the investigation unit where he was interviewed and basically admitted to shooting the victim and said he shot a, used a racial slur, and said that is what he shot and acted like it was not like a big deal or anything to him," Gulf County Sheriff Joe Nugent told WJHG.

Gant is in stable condition at Bay Medical Center and is expected to survive, reported Raw Story. Butler is currently being held in Gulf County Jail.

DIAF, Florida.

Mordeccai

Our state is ridiculous but I will say it has two things going for it from my point of view.
  • Theme parks (you could get season passes to Bush Gardens and dual park pass to Islands of Adventure and Studios, 'tis glorious. Disney is overpriced.)
  • Beaches/rivers/springs anywhere

Blackheim

I live in Tampa.

I approve of this thread.

Yeeeaaaah! There's a lot of Tampa people on Gaf lately. Sounds like a meetup would be more successful there.

I was born and raised in Tampa.

Just north of Tampa here.

No, I don't wear sandals. I don't do the Gators/Bulls/Rays thing. I don't dig sports :p

But yeah, the crazies somehow seem to migrate here and then give us a bad name when their antics hit the newspapers/websites :/

bengraven

Oh so here's my Florida story.

This morning I was stopped at the local post office by a Bradford county politician. He wanted to ASSURE ME that he was going to REPEAL OBAMACARE.

I laughed and asked what job he was campaigning for.

"School board".

Lols.

Oh so here's my Florida story.

This morning I was stopped at the local post office by a Bradford county politician. He wanted to ASSURE ME that he was going to REPEAL OBAMACARE.

I laughed and asked what job he was campaigning for.

"School board".

Lols.

Ah Bradford. Almost as bad as Clay, Madison, Sumter, well you get the idea.

Blackheim

Since this is a Florida thread i'll post my teams arenas!

TBTF-unveil.jpg

That threw me for a loop when I saw it named Tampa Bay Times Forum. One day it was the St. Pete Times Forum then BAM, new name and sign.

Oh, that reminds me. The RNC will be there this year *sigh* It is going to be HATEFUL trying to get to work in downtown Tampa during that week.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
My dad is from Pensacola and my mom currently lives in Sarasota. I've spent a decent amount of time in each area. Neither are remotely alike outside of having nice white sandy beaches.

Lkr

i live in fleming island

but i live in tallahassee during the school year! any FSUGaf or JacksonvilleGAF? we need a meetup if GataGAF is doing their thing :(

smr00

Banned
I've worn sandals every single day this year
I live in TN and i have worn sandals every single day for the past 4-5 years.

I hate shoes. However i can't speak on how flordia is other then the 1 time my family decided to go, many years ago we went to Daytona Beach and the 2nd day there me and my dad were going to a grocery store to get a few things and at a stop sign 2 black people came out of no where and one busted my side of the window and hitting me while my dad tried to drive off and the other smashed his window in causing us to swerve into a tree as about 10 people witnessed it go down and did absolutely fucking nothing. Luckily my dad carries a 9mm and i was able to get it out of the glove box and they both ran off before i did something i would of probably regretted for the rest of my life.

Police came on scene and took our statements, all of the witnesses suddenly "didn't witness anything" and the cops really didn't follow up on it. I have 0 interest in going back to that shit hole place.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Neither.

The best part of South Florida - 954.

This man knows what's up.

I'm living right on the border of the 954 and the 561 so I get the best (worst?) of both counties.

Goody

I've been in the state, between Seminole and northern Orange county, since I was three. In Apopka now, I'll probably have to move to Longwood in a couple of years.

So how many of you guys had to read A Land Remembered in Middle or High School? All of you, right? Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom