• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida [OT]- You know what this is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelrain

I've never hit up O'Brien before, and I lived in this city for more than two decades. Heh, maybe I'll give it a try.

Though, I'll give it to Brandon that, as of last year, has an amazing bar. World of Beer quality without all of the bros being there. <3 Brass Tap.

I haven't been home in 2 years but i'll be back around Christmas for a couple of weeks. I'll have to check it out!

Oh shit, Mattress store on north 13th next to 16th?

Ha, yeah.

If anyone is in Gainesville, you guys should hit up this Chinese joint on the corner of 13th and 21st Ave behind Adam's Rib Co.
The food is authentic and the owners are really nice

/marketing

pxleyes

Banned
Ha, yeah.

If anyone is in Gainesville, you guys should hit up this Chinese joint on the corner of 13th and 21st Ave behind Adam's Rib Co.
The food is authentic and the owners are really nice

/marketing

Don't miss Adam's Rib though. Amazing BBQ in Gainesville, and that is just one of many.

Gramercy.1

Neo Member
The OP, in two months time (probably less), will create a new thread to point and laugh at Florida without even considering he made an "|OT|".

In the summer of 08' or 09', I and some friends took a trip to Orlando to go to some theme parks and stuff. One night we were just relaxing in the hotel, watching the local news. This report comes on where a man had tackled a man, because he was kicking some ducks. They had an interview with him and his story was, "I saw this guy kicking some ducks, so I pushed him down and yelled 'Stop! What are you doing'!? and he says 'They were flying too close to me'!"

It sticks with me to this day.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
For such a wealthy citizenry, a lot of dudes in Miami have zero taste. Like the Maserati I saw last night, with a huge Heat logo sticker taking up the whole rear window. I hope that guy plays or owns the team, but I doubt it.

Pompano Beach representation.

Home of the mugshot of 2012

tracy-mabb.jpg

Steelrain

Has there ever been a Florida-Gaf meetup?

I know someone was trying to do something with a Zelda concert or something but I'm not really into that so I just ignored it. Did it take off?

ZeroRay

Representin' the North Dade, yo!

Has there ever been a Florida-Gaf meetup?

I know someone was trying to do something with a Zelda concert or something but I'm not really into that so I just ignored it. Did it take off?

I recall a few people planning to go to it. We're also trying to set up a South Florida meetup, but like typical South Floridians we're very indecisive.

goober

It isn't? Try visiting.

Casselberry. Right down the road.

Well, the University of Florida isn't a shithole. Though I agree, Alachua County Residents are pretty shitty.

Also, where da amazing BBQ at?
Also, what's the name of the authentic Chinese restaurant behind Adam's?

cametall

Do people actually believe only crazy things happen in Florida?

California and New York are held up as pinnacles of society in Off Topic GAF, so that leaves the third craziest state to get shit on.

I live in South Florida myself and some sections of Miami-Dade are a microcosm of some third world countries.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
California and New York are held up as pinnacles of society in Off Topic GAF, so that leaves the third craziest state to get shit on.

I live in South Florida myself and some sections of Miami-Dade are a microcosm of some third world countries.

california and new york are always at each others throats. hell, theres inner strife within california natives and transplants from the north and south. but all the crazy that gaf is exposed to in the news seems to come from florida.

Zee-Row

Banned
No, this is normal in Florida. A lot of the "fans" of local teams are only fair weather fans. As such, a lot of the more diehard sports fans are transplants from other cities. New Yorkers especially. Hell, a healthy percentage of our sports talk radio ends up being about NY sports teams.

tl;dr - Steelers logo on a Florida resident's car? Not surprising.

No , he's most likely from the north. Thats why Florida is crappy for the most part , we get most of the other states trash.

Zee-Row

Banned
You can post any weird story in Florida and nothing will ever top this worst part of Florida
Rick Scott

ReaperXL7

I live in south florida, Broward county around the pompano/margate area. I don't know how much longer I will be here though, unless we can find an exceptional private school me and my wife are considering moving out of state before our daughter is ready to begin attending public school.

It's a shame because there are alot of things I like about the state (though nowhere is perfect) but Rick Scott seems to not give a single shit about changing anything to improve things in our public education programs. Finding a good private school is going to be key to our staying, or we may look into where the best schools in the state are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom