• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley will be responding to Doritosgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In an attempt to save the other thread, feel free to let all of your doritosgate emotions free here.

keighleydoritosgateburis.jpg

Presumably this will be after the VGAs.

For reference this is doritosgate: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43585156&postcount=1

What is there to say?

All jobs have their highs and lows.

One day, you maybe showing off the next generation consoles to the world. One day, you may have to drink the new game fuel on camera.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
6f6.gif

pretty much says it all.

Will be interesting to see what he says about the whole mess though.

Cipherr

I don't understand why he would bother. Folks are going to want blood either way. Nothing that he says, NOTHING that he says will help in any way. Even if by some miracle he manages to say something insightful and heartfelt, it'll be twisted and rolled back on itself 5 minutes after he says/types it.

Best to just leave it dead IMO. If they feel like they need to make some changes in the way they do business, then do it. Don't waste time talking about it, there is nothing to gain there.

He'll be announcing a teaser for the release date of his response when the countdown timer is revealed after getting 10k likes on facebook.

Sadist

It will be ten minutes of Geoff eating Doritos and drinking MD. Afterwards he'll put on some sunglasses and yells: deal with it.

Good.

In all honesty I have no beef with Geoff having his own marketing deal with Doritos. He isnt a reviewer and famous people have these kind of deals all the time. I see it no different then a morning talk show host or actor getting paid to say they like a phone or deodorant or something. Yeah its kind of lame but whatever I dont look at those people for buying advice anyway and I dont look at Geoff and GTTV for honest buying advice.

Its cool to get his honest opinion it though since he is a pretty smart guy and 95% of the fallout had nothing to do with him, he was just unlucky being the straw that broke the camels back.

Who knew one funny jpeg would cause such a mess?

MisterHero

Even without the Doritos and Mountain Dew, Geoff Keighley is a shill for talking about an audience-pandering game like Halo 4. Rab Florence or whatever-his-name-is is a hero for pointing something out that average gamers couldn't see for themselves.
not really. time to get off the high horse

"My response is that entitled gamers wearing tin-foil hats are making a mountain out of a molehill."

(Expand this tweet to see lots 'o LOLS from PR flacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom