• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My mom committed suicide last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

And I'm an absolute wreck. From what I've heard today she was on a concoction of Ambient and an anti depressant. My stepdad woke up to a gunshot and my mom had killed herself. This was the last thing I got to say to her.

C9sk4KN.jpg

She killed herself at 12:25.

What am I about to go through GAF? I've never lost a parent or lost a loved one to suicide. Anyone have any personal stories?

Jobiensis

Very sorry for your loss. Make sure you have someone to talk to, you will probably go through a period of being incredibly angry at her.

The Lamp

How do you even begin to console someone about this... I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please find people that love you to support you during your difficult trial, and if you don't have that, find professional help or grief counseling if you need it and know that GAF is (mostly) here for you if you want it.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I am so sorry for your loss, I cant imagine what you are going through.

Wow, I am so sorry for your loss.

There really are no words, but I would try to take solace in the fact that your last words to each other were "I love you"'s.

sca2511

I'm sorry for your loss. Terrible. Only person that I lost was one of my better friends in high school, known him since elementary. Hit me hard and I can't even imagine what it's like if it was one of my parents.

Gannd

Banned
I'm so sorry for your loss. If you need anything there are people out there who will help you through this.

Drencrom

Holy shit, i'm so sorry for your loss Plasmid...

That text hit me like a brick, i'm calling my mother tomorrow

This is the most comforting thing to me, she called my other Brother (who was upstairs and is 14) and told him she loved him too.

Take care of your younger brother

Brinbe

Wow, my sincerest condolences to you and your family. I lost my father to cancer four years ago, but I can't even comprehend losing a parent that way. =(

Stay strong, y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

TheContact

wow that's heart breaking. I wish i had something to say. GAF OT is well versed in what depression does to people. I couldn't imagine this happening to my mom. Were there any warning signs?

Eteric Rice

I'm so sorry man. I really am. But at very least, the last thing you told her was that you loved her. My brother and I had a fight the last night I saw him alive. It's something that has stuck with me.

Plasmid

wow that's heart breaking. I wish i had something to say. GAF OT is well versed in what depression does to people. I couldn't imagine this happening to my mom. Were there any warning signs?

I asked my stepfather and he said she attempted to sleep by taking an
Ambien yesterday but couldn't sleep and she was feeling just awful. I personally think she took another ambien to fall asleep and it reacted weird with her other medications and she just did it. I don't think she knew what was happening or if she was even in a completely conscious state of mind.

Hang in there Man.

Lost my Mother a year ago (I was 33), it's a hard thing to deal with.

Suicide is an entirely different issue.. but either way, just try to focus on positivity and the good things about her life, not the bad things about her death.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I had a good friend take his own life a few months back, and even though he wasn't family it had made an unmistakably large mark on my life. He had a back injury that he was in pain from, and took medication for but he never, ever told any of us that he was even close to thinking about suicide. Not even the people who lived with him and saw him day to day. It was gut retching, and I still kind of tear up thinking about him today.

It's a tragedy you lost your mom, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm very afraid of losing my parents so I can imagine some of what you are going through right now. You just have to keep your head up for your mom, not lose track of yourself and push forward. It's going to be a rough next few days, don't be afraid to cry. But please, don't let yourself start talking weird and placing the blame on yourself. It's obvious your mother loved you very much, and this action seems very irrational. Keep her in your heart and your mind, and she'll have never left you at all.

Pastry

Banned
I'm very sorry for your loss, I'v never experienced anything like this but I'm glad you and your brother had the chance to tell her I love you one last time.

You have my condolences.

I went to high school with a few people who ended up committing suicide, but they were acquaintances. A parent, or other loved one is something entirely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom