• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My mom committed suicide last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Very sorry for your loss :(

That text hurt me. So sad knowing what happened next.

Stay strong man, look after your brother.

BFIB

OP,

I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a loved one due to a long illness, its hard to watch them suffer, but in a way, you get to build yourself up for the impending loss. Suicide leaves an immediate hole. You ask yourself the obvious questions, but never realize the obvious answers. Just know that she loved you, and your final conversation, there wasn't anything that your mother probably would have wanted differently. It may hurt now, but eventually, you'll be thankful for that last conversation.

I lost an uncle and a grandfather to suicide. The best advice I can give is:

Don't hold anything in. You need to talk to someone, whether you realize it, or not. Suicide can leave a lot of emptiness. Whether its a close friend, or a counselor, you'll need someone to let your feelings out to. Hell, even write them down in a journal. Anything.

My dad refused to talk to anyone for a long time after it happened (it was his uncle and father). I could see a difference in my dad, and it was tearing me apart. I finally sat him down one day and told him what I was seeing. He went and spoke with a pastor, and while he ended up relying on faith to get him through the pain, he was finally able to find an outlet for his grief.

Just hang in there, OP. If you even want to vent it to me, feel free to PM. Just know that your days will get better, she'll always be in your memories, and as long as those are there, she'll always be around.

That's terrible man, very sorry for your loss.

My buddy just lost his father last week. I went to the funeral yesterday.

He is a couple months older than me (he's 27) and I felt so bad for him. I thought about how I would feel in that same situation.

My condolences.

Wickwire

I feel for you. its going to be rough for a while but itll eventually get better.

my half-brother shot himself when I was 14. He was more of a father to me than my own dad was. It was the worst experience of my life. They had to have closed casket which made it feel like it wasnt real. Random things will remind me of him 17 years later and I'll just lose it. At first I felt a lot of guilt. I spent a lot of time thinking" i should have known, I should have saw it, I could have prevented it. if I did so and so he'd still be here." I eventually realized there was nothing I could have done, it wasn't my fault. After that it became easier ot deal with this death.

Plasmid

Thank you GAF for the immense condolences. I had to go through her facebook and email today so we could notify friends and family of her services, it was very eerie. My family is doing all we can right now to make arrangements and prepare for a funeral.

dojokun

Banned
Thank you GAF for the immense condolences. I had to go through her facebook and email today so we could notify friends and family of her services, it was very eerie. My family is doing all we can right now to make arrangements and prepare for a funeral.
Good luck bro. Remember to let the grief come however it may come. Everyone goes through grief differently.

NinjaBoiX

I actually paused for a beat when scrolling passed this on the front page.

I'm so sorry OP, I recently lost my mother, but not in such tragic circumstances.

I hope you get yourself sorted out, I really don't know what else to say.

:'(

Oh man, you have my sincerest condolences. I lost a life-long friend to suicide, but I couldn't imagine losing a parent. I wish you and your family well. Stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom