• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My mom committed suicide last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

That's horrible, my stomach turned just reading that text and knowing what happened. Sorry for your loss man.

fuck doctors who prescribe drugs like Ambien to people who shouldn't be on it. they cry all damn day about malpractice insurance, but stuff like this is the reason why they need it. grow a backbone and stop pushing drugs on people to get more free stuff from pharmaceutical reps.

fuck doctors who prescribe shit like Ambien to people who shouldn't be on it. cry all damn day about malpractice insurance you damn quacks, shit like this is the reason why you need it. grow a backbone and stop pushing drugs on people to please the pharmacy reps who give you so much free stuff.

Ambien shouldn't be prescribed to anyone, IMO. Shit is just ridiculous and I don't think it's been researched nearly enough. Too many external factors at play with this shit.

This sucks. It's only gonna hurt more for a while, I'm sure. I hope the best for you and your family.

Sorry this happened, man.

Snake

That is absolutely terrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

Please take to heart that this wasn't your fault or within your control. Even if she had a history of depression or other problems there is never any way of knowing what will happen. She loved you and your siblings, and even though you are hurting so much right now you can be sure that she would have wanted you guys to find a way to eventually heal and thrive.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Terrible thing to happen. Sorry for your loss.

A little bit of solace in that you got say you loved her before it happened which is a lot more than most get.

jimi_dini

Damn

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how it feels like. My father killed himself a few days after I had my 11th birthday (he cut his wrists). And sadly I even found him :(

I can't really tell you anything helpful for your situation right now. Back then I was in shock for quite some time. Try to be with people. And also be with your siblings. And maybe even send at least the youngest one to a psychiatrist some time later.

seanoff

shit.

may she Rest in Peace.

Condolences to you, your family and friends.

jesus, good luck mate, hard to know what else to say.

I'm so sorry man, please make sure to take the time to grieve so that it doesn't bottle up and especially be there for your siblings. Hopefully you can all see each other through these hard times. My heart goes out to you buddy.

feel

That was very hard to read. I'm sorry man. :(

At least your last words to each other couldn't have been better.

Ambien shouldn't be prescribed to anyone, IMO. Shit is just ridiculous and I don't think it's been researched nearly enough. Too many external factors at play with this shit.

It should be well regulated by the MD prescribing them, but because a lot of places don't even those protocols in place, a lot harmful drug interactions could take place.

I tried to commit suicide the same way a few months ago, I'm still going through the shock of a thing like that.

Omikaru

Awful. I am so sorry for your loss, OP.

A friend of mine killed himself about a year ago. I know I can't relate exactly, but I hope this little bit of perspective can help:

Your mom was in a bad place emotionally, and she was obviously very sad, so don't go clouding your thoughts with the idea that you could've done something to prevent this, and that you're somehow responsible. I know it wasn't helpful for me when I was grieving, and is the wrong way to look at it.

Again, my condolences to you and your family.

Meadows

Banned
I'm sorry for your loss.

My Godmother killed herself a few years back. Hung herself after some financial problems. It hit my mum harder because they were really good friends. It was hard to see anything ever being the same again for a few years after but it passed. Although obviously losing a parent this way is insane.

You should probably be with your dad, and seek counselling.

Best of luck and RIP.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm at a loss for words, truly.

I'm heartbroken by your loss. I can only offer my condolences and prayers that you and your family find the strength to get through this shocking and traumatic event.

At least you did get to say I love you to your mother before it all happened, but I know that's little consolation.

You probably don't recognize me but I see you post here and there, and what a feeling to see your fellow forum members go through things like this. Words can't express how you must feel. I guess it's my hope that as with other threads in this vein, that those expressing their messages of sorrow reevaluate the importance of those in their lives; life is just so fleeting. We'll be here for you man, stay close to friends and family during this rough time, and know that at least you were able to spend all that time with your mom and that you were on good terms. My dad died when I was 8, and being so young, I never shared that same privilege

Red

Good last words to her. I know it's not much condolence, but it's good you were able to say I love you before the end.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Jesus I'm so sorry, man. My grandmother shot herself to death a few years ago, due to onset of dementia. I kinda of went into overdrive, handling all the funeral arrangements and such, but a few days after all that was settled I just broke down and cried for a good 20 minutes straight. I still miss her, but the hurt has dulled over time.

Just know you are in my thoughts.

I am so sorry. I know it is not even close to the same thing, but a lot of my parents friends started dying of cancer and such a few years back even only being in their 40's, and that scared the hell out of me, to the point where I was not going to college classes for a week or 2. It was like 4 or 5 close family friends all died within a weeks time. I guess what helped me get over that was thinking of just how many great memories I had and how lucky I was to have those people and even my parents for this long in my life. Like I said, my ordeal doesn't even come close to what you are going through, but there is surely always someone to talk to at neogaf.

Again, sorry, that is a terrible loss!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy crap, that is so sorry to hear my dude. My condolences to you and your family =[

I can't imagine what your going through, but make sure you stay close to your friends and family during this time, and remember, GAF is here for you.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The OP was hard to read. I'm really sorry man, I can't imagine what it must be like. You're gonna go through some dark times but I'm sure there's light at the end of the tunnel. Stay close with your family.

Requiem

As others have said, there really aren't any words for a situation like this...

I truly am very sorry for your loss, the next couple of days will be the hardest but it will only get better from there on out...

My only advice to you is not to dwell on that text message because it will eat away at you and depress you even more than you may be right now; be strong for those around you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom