• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My mom committed suicide last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So sorry for your loss. I go through suicidal phases now and then but I know I could never do it, due to the anguish it would cause my family. I couldn't put them through that.

Demon Ice

Banned
You have my condolences. There's nothing anyone can say that will make this hurt less. At least the last thing you said to her was that you loved her.

Nizz

Plasmid, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough it must be now. Try to stay strong. My pops passed away going on about 12 years now (diabetic complications) and although time heals somewhat you always remember.

Nothing I can say can really make you feel any better, but try to stay strong.

Fantasmo

I'm sorry for your loss. Having been through a string of extremely difficult things several years back, I can honestly say there is nothing you could have done. If you find your emotions unmanageable at some point, please seek support, family friends or professional. I wish I had. Be kind to yourself.

akenatone

Sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some solace in the fact that you expressed your love for each other. Try to carry that knowledge with you in your trying times, present and future.

You know, I was listening to this while I was having a cup of tea and started to read your thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmsWoST330&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm not a man of faith or a believer in god, jesus yadah yadah. I do believe in our galaxy, our universe, the stars, planets and any kind of wonder around us. Astronomy is my religion, and I want to tell you that your mom is going to be watching you from a new born star in the sky that is going to keep her safe. Make her proud. One day you will meet again and the cosmos will make sure you both enjoy your moments together once again.

Life is hard, but not impossible. I wish you the best.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know you, but I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope you can find some peace of mind, I really don't know what to say :/

You will probably ask yourself "what if?" a lot...don't worry too much about what you could/couldn't do, since the universe is too big and strange for a person to have a contingency plan for everything. If you loved her and were close to her, keep her in your heart. Tell people about her instead of just burying your memories. Remember times you spent together with her, and how she made you the person you are today.

Sorry for your loss

Banned
Oh man, this is gutting. My thoughts are with you. At least you got a nice final word, but man, just try to remember to stay positive and let yourself feel whatever comes, whenever it comes. Sometimes it hits quick, sometimes takes a while, but don't think about it, just let it happen.

When my Dad died, it took 2 days before I could feel anything. I was away at the snow and the police came and grabbed me from my apartment but didn't tell me what happened. I got to the station and a family friend told me over the phone. I hung up and went and told my friends, who of course started packing to take me home, but I wouldn't let them, so we stayed the final night, went snowboarding for the full day, and had a great day, then that night, driving back into my street it was like someone was slowly removing my stomach, then seeing my mum as I walked through the door, we just fell to pieces. I'll never forget that.

I think it takes a while to sink in and become reality, and any avenue your brain can find to put that off, it will.

Take care.

Altazor

...I pretty much have no words, man. I'm so, so sorry. My deepest condolences for you and your family, and I wish you the very best. Be strong, buddy. You can count on GAF.

turnbuckle

oh man I'm so sorry. keep your head up. I cannot even fathom.

Considering Ambien is known to cause people to do wild things in their sleep, it's possible.

Sorry for your loss man. That cell pic of your text got to me :(

I have severe insomnia but I refuse to take Ambien. I had a few weird situations while on it, and always mildly hallucinated too. sometimes I'd feel more aggressive, and a few times I drove my car to the store nearby in the middle of the night after waking on it and not knowing why I was there.

I am so sorry for your loss. Please remember that talking helps. Talk to everyone around you as much as you can. It will help you compartmentalize what you are feeling.

It's good that you created a thread on GAF, I hope reading all these great replies here is giving you some comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom