• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX ONE | Satisfaction Thread: One Thread to Rule Them All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daylight

Sure why not....

jtU6oGl.jpg

I'm psyched for Ryse as well. We've been changing avatars, at least I have. Went ahead and made one for you because I like the image of Cortana. Don't feel obligated to use it, I just have Photoshop all set up right now. If anyone else wants one just let me know.

hMqZV9b.jpg

Amazing. Thank you. :)

malfcn

Xbox Green, Black, White and Slate.
f8OLldS.png

wFCgvpU.png

GDxy19i.png

96lQn8N.png

W7TTzyi.png

zRgLkT0.png

07IfJs8.png

These are the colors from the official style and brand guide. Crap, my O looks chopped on the side. Fixed some of it.
Wow, for some reason the first version I did looks a little better for my avatar..but these are more accurate to the actual logo. Damn.

malfcn

hocuspplu4h.png
hocus0yj1h.png

Does the wand show up enough?
Would love an updated avatar and to get added to the Xbox One boat. Have my preorder in and can't wait for the system.

Wow..when did it become this time..I need to sleep. I can make more when I wake up.
I want to keep playing with the margins and stroke. But I really need the Zzzs.

What a great thread :)

I'm away from home right now... Are the e3 one hour shows still up on live?

Does anyone have links to them if not still up?

He is saying that only two games were spotted running on a PC and both are XBLA games or something.

News flash to everyone...

Top tier devs and first party games get final devkits first. It's highly likely some devs don't have final devkits yet...

It always surprises me how little attention people who are only too happy to spout their 'opinion' pay to this industry.... At its first e3 Xbox 360 had games being demo'd on g3 power macs for crying out loud.

There was a rumour on digital foundry that Xbox one would have Nvidia graphics tech at one point, because some devkits had that GPU.

There's nothing going on here except people looking for every little thing they can nitpick about.

U2NUMB

Ready to board the boat.. I realize at this point I will be mopping the deck but fully on board for it. I come to this thread a few times a day just to get away from the rest of the gaming forum.

Right now all of my close gaming friends have a One pre ordered so this fall will be great!

Xbox Green, Black, White and Slate.
f8OLldS.png

wFCgvpU.png

GDxy19i.png

96lQn8N.png

W7TTzyi.png

zRgLkT0.png

07IfJs8.png

These are the colors from the official style and brand guide. Crap, my O looks chopped on the side. Fixed some of it.
Wow, for some reason the first version I did looks a little better for my avatar..but these are more accurate to the actual logo. Damn.

I took the bottom one man, thanks. I had been trying to think of some way to add day one 2013 to the XB1 logo.

Caayn

Anyone seen the new "Annoyed Gamer" episode yet? I normally quite enjoy his show, but this time he was just ranting without any knowledge of what he was saying.
Annoyed Gamer, how the mighty have fallen.

Bad launch line-up
Uhmm how can you call this list a bad launch line-up?
•Battlefield 4
•Call of Duty: Ghosts
•Dead Rising 3
•FIFA 14
•Forza Motorsport 5
•LocoCycle
•Madden NFL 25
•NBA Live 14
•Killer Instinct
•Kinect Sports Rivals
•Ryse: Son of Rome
•Skylanders: Swap Force
•Watch Dogs

Required camera + mic (NSA PRISM scandal)
Well mister Beer, please tell me that you never have your Phone or any other electronic device with you at all times. Because they can be used for the same thing. Only difference is, is that there are more people with phones than the kinect.

It's funny that Marcus Beer was ranting at the underaged people attending the show, while he acted like a spoiled 16 year old through the entire episode. Oh the irony.

Montresor

Console Pre-ordered and now trying to decided what games to get.

Thinking either Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, or Watch_Dogs?

For me, I think I'll be getting the following:

Killer Instinct
Watch Dogs
Dead Rising 3
Call of Duty Ghosts

I don't know if Quantum Break is a launch title, but if it is, day one.

The following are maybes, depending on their quality and my backlog status:

Ryse
Assassin's Creed Black Flag

I'm in too. Preordered an Xbox One console, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5. Killer Instinct was the tipping point for me though. Can't live without them Ultra Combos.

Hindle

Banned
I can't wait for MS TGS conference. They've said they're focusing on the region again so hopefully that means awesome partnerships, JRPGs from thier first party studio in Osaka, it's going to be awesome.

Edit. If you're a religious man, start praying for MS bankrolling ZOE 3, Shenmue 3 :D

Daylight

I can't wait for MS TGS conference. They've said they're focusing on the region again so hopefully that means awesome partnerships, JRPGs from thier first party studio in Osaka, it's going to be awesome.

Edit. If you're a religious man, start praying for MS bankrolling ZOE 3, Shenmue 3 :D

You gotta wonder if the reason they didn't announce Japan as a launch country might be because they have some big announcements. They know a couple of games won't have a big impact, seeing as it didn't work for the 360. It's probably just wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see.

Hindle

Banned
You gotta wonder if the reason they didn't announce Japan as a launch country might be because they have some big announcements. They know a couple of games won't have a big impact, seeing as it didn't work for the 360. It's probably just wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see.

They can make those kind of games and aim them at the western market. JRPGs used to be the biggest genre in gaming, and I do think everyone likes them, especially when they're amazing games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey guys, just a friendly warning -- we don't usually allow fortress threads like this. I think the reason we've given some flexibility here is specifically because we perceive that there are people who don't feel comfortable posting elsewhere because of the general tone of most of the board towards Xbox One. So, that's fine, more power to you. It's sort of the same approach we've taken by allowing an ongoing Vita thread. It's not because we like ongoing, closed-type community megathreads, but rather because without one, the Vita would basically have no space to be talked about. Same logic exists here. So we're happy to provide this space for you.

But it really isn't appropriate to use this thread to pick out threads you feel are too negative, complaining about them here, ranting about the board as a whole, treatment of Xbox One elsewhere, etc. This is a rule we have for all community threads no matter what forum they're in. If you want to use the thread to make friends and have a good time, great. If you want to use it to foster Us vs Them mentality, that's really not something we want here. In the past we've had problems with this where the attitude gets more and more negative until the people in the community are participants in GAF anymore, they're just participants in their own bunker. This leads to less pleasant interactions and worse discussions everywhere. People get bitter. And eventually when we need to act to correct that, people flip out and start spinoff communities like WYL or that One Soccer Spinoff Community or whatever else. Nasty stuff.

There are websites that are console-exclusive to particular consoles. I don't know what I'd recommend for Xbox One, but I doubt TrueAchievements would be a bad choice. Those guys seem generally happy about the Xbox One as a community. This is not me trying to kick you out or anything. Just saying that if you are looking for a venue where you get to complain about how other people are negative or biased or whatever, there might be other places online that are a better fit for you than here.

All the best.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I figure this is as good a thread as any to ask this, but are we more or less sure that the Xbone will have inferior hardware to the PS4? I'm a fan of the Xbone's media and sharing capabilities but I wouldn't want to get it if I will have to deal with the inferior version of multiplats.

Anyone seen the new "Annoyed Gamer" episode yet? I normally quite enjoy his show, but this time he was just ranting without any knowledge of what he was saying.
Annoyed Gamer, how the mighty have fallen.

Uhmm how can you call this list a bad launch line-up?
•Battlefield 4
•Call of Duty: Ghosts
•Dead Rising 3
•FIFA 14
•Forza Motorsport 5
•LocoCycle
•Madden NFL 25
•NBA Live 14
•Killer Instinct
•Kinect Sports Rivals
•Ryse: Son of Rome
•Skylanders: Swap Force
•Watch Dogs

Well mister Beer, please tell me that you never have your Phone or any other electronic device with you at all times. Because they can be used for the same thing. Only difference is, is that there are more people with phones than the kinect.

It's funny that Marcus Beer was ranting at the underaged people attending the show, while he acted like a spoiled 16 year old through the entire episode. Oh the irony.
Nothing really interesting about that line-up tbh. However, the same goes for PS4. The only game I'm slightly interested in is Infamous, which is not launch anyway. Will probably buy the PS4 once ND and Quantic Dream release their games on it, so 2015 or even later lol

So I figure this is as good a thread as any to ask this, but are we more or less sure that the Xbone will have inferior hardware to the PS4? I'm a fan of the Xbone's media and sharing capabilities but I wouldn't want to get it if I will have to deal with the inferior version of multiplats.
100%. The amount of CUs has been confirmed and the ESRAM as well. If the downclock is true, even more so. But don't expect any big differences at launch, probably better performance on PS4 or fewer FPS drops. First party will show the difference (look at QD tech demo). Maybe over time third party games will look slightly better on PS4, but I wouldn't count on it. Devs are lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom