• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details for Last of Us PSN release and the Season Pass (1 SP & 2 MP DLC packs)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The Last of Us – Pre Order the Digital Edition and the DLC Season Pass

The Last of Us arrives in just a few weeks. We’re happy to let you know you can pre-order the full digital edition of the game starting today on the PlayStation®Store. The game will be a Day 1 Digital download. This means you can get it at midnight on June 14. The digital edition features a unique download installer which will allow you to start playing the game once the game data is a little over half way downloaded.

The Last of Us is a universe rich in character and story with many facets that we could potentially explore for years. We’re getting started by announcing that there will be three packs of downloadable content for The Last of Us available after the game launches.

If you want to lock in all three of those DLC packs at discounted price, step up now and get our Season Pass. The Last of Us Season Pass DLC is available for pre-order now on PlayStation®Store for only $19.99 for the three DLC Packs. This is a 30% savings over the pricing of the DLC packs individually. The Season Pass will be obtainable at your local GameStop retailer when you pick up The Last of Us as well. Unique to Season Pass buyers are the following Day 1 bonuses:

Day 1 Bonuses
  • Increased Crafting Speed
  • Increased Healing Speed
  • 9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
  • Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

These Day 1 bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.

For the first time ever we’ll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we’ve got more of the story to tell. The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions. You’ll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It’s an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.

Pre-Order the full digital edition of The Last of Us as well as The Last of Us Season Pass now on the PlayStation®Store. Not going digital yet? Look for the Season Pass when you get your game in retail stores on launch day, June 14, 2013.
Download The Last of Us Pre-Order Bundle which includes the full game, PSN Pre-Order Theme, and Sights & Sounds Pack.

CD5MIY6.png

Store link: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP9000-NPUA80960_00-THELASTOFUSDIG01

Eric Monacelli (Community Strategist, Naughty Dog) posted today on the PS Blog that the file size is about 26GB for the digital version of TLoU.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...comment-861254

la6E6m9.png

Carl

Ew, why would you want this?

And fuck the season pass. I'll grab the single player DLC and ignore the rest.

kvn

Day 1 Bonuses
• Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
• Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

Who needs this shit??

Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

Oh yeah and fuck this, too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't believe they're trying to sell me on a Season Pass when they've literally said nothing about the multiplayer yet. Seems really gross, more so than it usually is.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So only one of the DLC Packs features single player content? That's important to know for those who don't plan to play online, might as well just get the one DLC pack then.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The bonuses for SP are stupid. Cool that they're doing SP content DLC though.

I hope the documentary is available separately.

Man

Single Player DLC? Didn't see that coming. Will get for sure. Most likely casts one of the side characters.

StuBurns

Banned
I was just wondering today if we'd see single player DLC, great to hear.

I don't care about the MP at all, so I'll miss the season pass, but still, good news.

Gold_Loot

Ew, why would you want this?

And fuck the season pass. I'll grab the single player DLC and ignore the rest.
I'm thinking that these are multiplayer based..
Crafting in a multiplayer mode can be interesting to say the least.

EDIT*
Or maybe I should have read further.

Single player upgrades? Why? So this is how the game probably was originally and they just lowered the settings afterwards so you would need to buy it. Probably required for hardest mode.

some assholes are selling the Post Pandemic edition for almost 400 bucks on Ebay WTF.

That happens to all Limited Edition's that are actually Limited. I think PPE sold out everywhere in a day or so. So they weren't kidding about jumping on it fast if you wanted it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'll buy it.

My guess it that it will be back story stuff on one of ND's favorite side characters... maybe not even have Joel / Ellie in it at all.

My guess is that you'll see Joel and Tess, but no Ellie. And it'll revolve around a side character from the game they are predicting to be a fan favorite.

Or... you'll get to see the fate of some group/person Joel and Ellie meet on their journey, but leave behind. This way they can reuse assets... lol.

Carl

I can't believe they're trying to sell me on a Season Pass when they've literally said nothing about the multiplayer yet. Seems really gross, more so than it usually is.

Yes, also this. "You know that bit you have no details about? Give us money and you'll get more of it"

Will go with the physical version instead, but it's nice to know that there is single player DLC this time around. Wonder how long it is compared to the actual main game.

Evolved1

I've said before that season passes, purchasing something sight unseen, is already gross... but this is some next level horseshit.

DukeBobby

I'll skip the season pass and just pick up the single player DLC when it releases. Couldn't give a shit about the multiplayer content, as I will probably never play it anyway.

jett

D-Member
Hey Naughty Dog, take your nebulous season pass and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. You people have some nerve trying to pull this shit on us again.

Evolved1

I've only bought a few season passes but I got burnt by that one. I'll only get this if I wind up loving the MP.

30% isn't savings enough to consider a purchase that's sight unseen... might as well just wait and buy à la carte.

jett

D-Member
Oh and remember those making of videos that were included on the UC2 and UC3 discs? Well, now it's part of the season pass! Isn't that swell.

Protip: this is the future that awaits this goddamn industry.

Amir0x

Banned
what I most love is that they're asking people to go all in with the Season Pass (on top of the shit that people who purchased a pass last time had to go through), and one of the primary reasons is because of 2 Multiplayer DLC packs.

And yet, to date, they have not even given us a shred of information about the multiplayer. :p

jett said:
Oh and remember those making of videos that were included on the UC2 and UC3 discs? Well, now it's part of the season pass!

The story of this fucked up generation in a nutshell. Industry is fucked, watch the world burn.

jett

D-Member
what I most love is that they're asking people to go all in with the Season Pass (on top of the shit that people who purchased a pass last time had to go through), and one of the primary reasons is because of 2 Multiplayer DLC packs.

And yet, to date, they have not even given us a shred of information about the multiplayer. :p

The story of this fucked up generation in a nutshell. Industry is fucked, watch the world burn.

At least they "learned" and aren't calling the MP DLC "map packs". Guess what compromised the "map packs" promised in the UC3 season pass?

1.- 4 recycled maps from UC2
2.- 4 more recycled maps from UC2
3.- 1 co-op map with graphical assets lifted as-is from UC1
4.- Finally 4 new maps

Anyone that gives ND money for this shit is just a insert every expletive in the fucking world

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Oh and remember those making of videos that were included on the UC2 and UC3 discs? Well, now it's part of the season pass! Isn't that swell.
Maybe they misspoke, but the website for Area 5 makes it sound like it was originally meant to be on the disc.

We feel extraordinarily privileged to be working with Naughty Dog on a series of mini documentaries about The Last of Us. This is the first. The series will be released first as short cuts (spoiler free!) and then extended cuts which will be on the game disc. The extended cuts will, in total, compare in run time to a feature length documentary.

http://area5.tv/blog/2013/2/28/the-last-of-us-episode-1-hush

Gotta throw something into the season pass to get people to preorder I guess : /

jett

D-Member
Maybe they misspoke, but the website for Area 5 makes it sound like it was originally meant to be on the disc.

Gotta throw something into the season pass to get people to preorder I guess : /

Welp. I can't say I'm surprised.

Gskyace

They have not actually said the day 1 bonus is for SP or MP.
I've seen these bonus upgrades in the demo, which can actually save you a lot of tools and materials.
I'll get for day1.

Top Bottom