• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Who's Karen Gillian cast as the "lead female villain" in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Status
Not open for further replies.
bNGQVIp.jpg

Dat Cast

Karen Gillan, who starred as Doctor Who’s companion for several seasons on the hit BBC show, is joining the cast of Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy.

The movie is barreling towards a late-June shoot in the U.K. with James Gunn behind the camera.

Details for Gillan's role were not revealed, although it is known she will play the film’s lead female villain.

karen_gillan_a_p.jpg

Just to put the cast so far into geeky perspective, we've got Bert Macklin FBI, Dave Bautista, Uhura and possibly the Tenth Doctor, assisted by Grandma Simpson and Dr Steve Brule, teaming up to fight Merle Dixon, Amy Pond and Thranduil.

In space.
KNOWN CASTING THUS FAR

Chris Pratt as Star-Lord
Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
Zoe Saldana as Gamora

Glenn Close as the head of the Nova Corps.
Lee Pace as the villain (rumored to be Ronan the Accuser)
Michael Rooker as Yondu
John C. Reilly as Rhomann Dey
Ophelia Lovibond as ????

Rumored: David Tennant as Rocket Raccoon

I know nothing about this movie and care little for the Marvel movies, but I'm hyped for this on casting alone.

Any ideas who she could be playing?

Mordeccai

FUCK YES. The world can't have enough Karen. I will watch this beautiful red head for as long as she keeps starring in stuff.

TDLink

Good casting but I really have no clue who she could be. A high priestess in the Universal Church of Truth maybe?

The GotG don't really have a specific female villain.

Salsa

calling it: she's Ra-Veen

507333-ra_venn__28by_tom_raney_29_1.jpg

I mean isn't Ronan the Accuser the main villain?

I bet we get Praxagora too

TDLink

Have the shown the Star-Lord outfit they're using yet?

calling it: she's Ra-Veen

507333-ra_venn__28by_tom_raney_29_1.jpg

I mean isn't Ronan the Accuser the main villain?

I bet we get Praxagora too

Not really a villain, also a really minor character.

Ronan being the antagonist doesn't mean there won't be another antagonist. In my mind (if Ronan is actually an antagonist) it would make sense for him to be chasing the GotG and be an Antagonist in that sense while they are actually trying to stop some greater threat (or true Antagonist).

Now I really want David to be Rocket, just to send the Moffat/RTD Who cast intermingling even further

"Karen Gillan to play lead female... thing... in newest Marvel Franchise!"

Actually, it'd fit in nicely next to the recent "John C Reilly to play some sort of SHIELD dude, maybe, sorta?" articles

Salsa

Ronan being the antagonist doesn't mean there won't be another antagonist. In my mind (if Ronan is actually an antagonist) it would make sense for him to be chasing the GotG and be an Antagonist in that sense while they are actually trying to stop some greater threat (or true Antagonist).

well, agreed, but then who? I cant think of a lead female villain, that's as close as I can get and I think it's a safer bet than Death. I think the press would call Ra-Veen a villain, it's the "lead" that throws me off

TDLink

Actually, it'd fit in nicely next to the recent "John C Reilly to play some sort of SHIELD dude, maybe, sorta?" articles

I thought the articles actually said Reilly was pegged to be Rhomann Dey? AKA leader of the Nova Corps who recruits Richard.

well, agreed, but then who? I cant think of a lead female villain, that's as close as I can get and I think it's a safer bet than Death

Yeah, like I said I am not really sure. My best guess is a high priestess for the Universal Church of Truth (who are arguably GotG's "main" villains).

I thought the articles actually said Reilly was pegged to be Rhomann Dey? AKA leader of the Nova Corps who recruits Richard.

That's what I was getting out, lol, the character being tossed around for him (Rhomann) and the reports about the role he'd play in the plot (SHIELD affiliation) don't match up at all. For example.

Michael Rooker is confirmed as Yondu?? I didn't know any of the original Guardians of the Galaxy were still around. Admittedly while I've read the original 70s GotG I haven't read any of the new stuff. Also Michael Rooker is one of my favorite actors.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

According to the Hollywood Reporter article, Michael Rooker's character Yondu is supposed to be a villain in the film, too.

TDLink

According to the Hollywood Reporter article, Michael Rooker's character Yondu is supposed to be a villain in the film, too.

Yondu isn't a villain though.

Unless they are considering "maybe the team has to fight him once at some point" as "villain". Though if that is the case then Thor was a villain in The Avengers too.

Right now I think people are really just guessing in terms of plot details since Marvel is being super secret with the script. If Reilly is playing Romann Dey though then we at least know what that character is from the comics.

Maybe the Matriarch: http://www.comicvine.com/matriarch/4005-14622/ I wonder if Lee Pace might be Adam Warlock/The Magus instead of Ronan.

Yeah she could very well be The Matriarch. I am sure Adam Warlock/Magus will be in the movie regardless of who Lee Pace is. He is kind of a central part of GotG (both on the team and as an antagonist/main plot point).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom