• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Game for Voting in Golden Joysticks.. Mafia II or Sid Meier’s Civilization V

Tak3n

Banned
Apologies if old

Go here to vote http://blog.playfire.com/2013/10/free-game-for-voting-in-golden-joysticks.html

Go here to claim
https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

Hey, you! Get a free game from GMG when you vote in the Golden Joysticks this year!

Green Man Gaming are the headline sponsor for the Golden Joysticks 2013, and to mark the event we're offering everyone who votes the chance to pick up a free copy of either Civilization V or Mafia II. The same goes if you've already voted! Make sure you thank 2K Games, too, as this wouldn't be possible without them.

This year's awards has a boatload of brilliant games, which we'll be posting about here on the blog in the run up to the final event on the 25th October with a few competitions, polls and other gaming goodness.

Those who submit their votes at www.goldenjoystick.com will then be able to register for a free game from GMG, in association with 2K Games, at https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com. Qualifying voters will have their choice of a PC Download copy of Mafia II or Sid Meier’s Civilization V, while stocks last.

When claiming your free game from GMG make sure you enter your CVG email address (the one you used for voting), and then enter your GMG account login details. That's how we verify you've voted. Please note that from the time you submit your votes it may take up to 48 hours to receive your free game, but this is covered in all the T&C jargon here if you want to read more.

For more information on the Golden Joystick Awards and to vote, visit: www.goldenjoystick.com. For more information on Green Man Gaming’s great offers visit: www.greenmangaming.com

Fuck yes, my friend was just looking into picking up Civ5. Thankyou based Greenmangaming, I will continue to buy all my shit from you

EDIT: Oh no don't tell me GAF broke it

stn

I cast the votes, go and make an account. Says I didn't vote yet? This sucks already, lol.

Paskil

I got an error message and it refreshed on the correct page. Here's hoping it doesn't happen a lot since the site is moving at a snails pace. Also, I really, really, want CIVV and have been waiting for a super great price point (sub $9.99) on the gold edition. Will settle for free base version.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

For someone who never played any of the Civ games, is Civ 5 a good starting point?

Thanks OP!
Civ5 is the best starting point, best tutorials by far in the series

EDIT: Loved how the link on the "Oops you haven't voted" page took me straight to my "thanks for voting page" XD

I'll try again a bit later when the traffic has died down

Arthea

I voted, using existing accounts, got e-mail, "you haven't voted yet".
Well, I can live without Mafia 2, but it was funny.

Lime

They keep saying I haven't voted. Do I have to vote with the same e-mail on CVG as the one I used for my GMG account?

Ragnamith

Thanks for this! Site seems very crowded at the moment.

Also you wont be getting your game immediately after voting:
Please allow a minimum of 24 hours from when you register your votes.
Don’t worry though, your name is on the list!
I'll check in again tomorrow.

Loomba

Said I didn't vote, I hope it just takes them awhile and I still get it otherwise that was a complete waste of 40 mins.

Warablo

Was able to pick my game but the verification link for my game code still says I haven't voted even though I did..

idolminds

Neo Member
They didn't do themselves any favors by having 3 page loads per person, per vote, in 15 categories. Their server is just getting slaughtered.

RS4-

It seems there was a problem with your username or email address.

Please check your details, or choose a new username or email address.

When trying to get my free game.

Blah

tensuke

The site is loading as badly as GAF is right now...Ah well.

Civ V is definitely a fantastic game if you don't have it, it's a lot like Pringles, except, you actually can't stop playing.

Guess we gotta wait a little while until the site becomes less overloaded. I'm not sure whether to grab Mafia 2 or Civ5 when I vote. My friend has Civ5 and he plays it all the time, he told me to get it but I hate strategy games. Mafia 2 I played a demo for and I enjoyed it, but Civ5 might be fun to play with my friend.

Aah the decisions are killing me here. Regardless, that's definitely one way to get people to vote lol.

tensuke

Guess we gotta wait a little while until the site becomes less overloaded. I'm not sure whether to grab Mafia 2 or Civ5 when I vote. My friend has Civ5 and he plays it all the time, he told me to get it but I hate strategy games. Mafia 2 I played a demo for and I enjoyed it, but Civ5 might be fun to play with my friend.

Aah the decisions are killing me here. Regardless, that's definitely one way to get people to vote lol.

At the very least, they're both on sale a lot, and unless this is Civ 5 Gold you may want to just wait for a sale on that if you think you'd prefer Mafia. I'd definitely recommend Civ for the strategy lover, but if that's not your thing you may enjoy Mafia more.

Loomba

I was actually going to buy Civ 5 considering Rome 2 was such a disappointment. Even if the code doesn't come, I'll just buy it anyway when it's on sale.

Roto13

GMG said they were sending me an activation code or whatever like an hour ago but I haven't gotten it. Yay.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Most likely gaf broken the site or they ran out of games. (><)

Unfortunately, you can expect two things from GMG. Great deals, and the site crashing when those great deals are live. Their pre-Steam summer sale was a complete mess. Love the site but they are never prepared for their big announcements.

Top Bottom