• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Game for Voting in Golden Joysticks.. Mafia II or Sid Meier’s Civilization V

Celegus

I'll try it later, no big deal if it doesn't work. Civ looks a little inimidating to a noobie and I have zero interest in Mafia.

barugon

I'll try it later, no big deal if it doesn't work. Civ looks a little inimidating to a noobie and I have zero interest in Mafia.

I started Civ a few months ago and am loving it. I'm nearing 400 hours and the buddy I usually play with has 1000 or more. There are a lot of rules and it can seem a bit intimidating, but starting on a low difficulty and learning is pretty painless.

Roto13

Just got the GMG email telling me to confirm my email address to get my key but OOPS! I haven't voted! I did, though, and the site's down so there's nothing I can do about it.

A minimum? GMG, always doing things the hard way....
I'm kinda worried just because I didn't vote on everything. Between the site spitting out errors and my classes I only got like 4 categories voted for because the site would freak out and lose my votes before I submitted them. I'm pretty sure you didn't have to vote for everything just because CVG sent me the link after I voted anyway, but still I can't help but worry.

RS4-

Bah, still getting this error after I pick the game and put in the info
It seems there was a problem with your username or email address.

Please check your details, or choose a new username or email address.

I still can't manage to get this whole thing to work.

If anyone gets an extra Civilization 5 key and wants to drop it on a fellow member I'm more than willing to accept :p

Some of those choices for best art direction are just bad. I feel like GTAV should've been on that list... it actually does have rather sharp art direction.

Also I cast all my votes, and the sign up is not working... I guess their are being flooded again for free games.

Anteater

It worked, got my Civ V code after 24hrs, need to click on the email verification again though and they will send you the code right away.

Majukun

i can't register to CVG right now because of overload.

i really hope there will still be some Civ V codes when i can finally submit my votes :(

Just got my free Civ 5. Whoever voted 24 hours ago should check that link they sent to your email so they can email you the code.

Geedorah

Just got my free Civ 5. Whoever voted 24 hours ago should check that link they sent to your email so they can email you the code.

Same, just got my Civ5 code - didn't complete the voting, severs were running way too slow, so I only did like the first 4-5. Simply stating this as other had expressed concern they may not be eligible because they didn't vote in every category. Looks like as long as you submitted the votes you had done, you should be good to go.

Same, just got my Civ5 code - didn't complete the voting, severs were running way too slow, so I only did like the first 4-5. Simply stating this as other had expressed concern they may not be eligible because they didn't vote in every category. Looks like as long as you submitted the votes you had done, you should be good to go.

I submitted 3 votes because it was too laggy. It was a good gambit because it was even laggier later on.

rtcn63

Yeah, I only voted for one game before submitting due to the site going to hell, and I got my key this morning, approx. a day later.

Thanks. I'll check the link later.

Sentenza

Will I ever be able to vote at some point? I checked this thread yesterday, few minutes after it was opened, and I'm still finding their vote page down every time I'm coming back to check it.

Just went through the whole thing only to have GMG tell me I didn't vote.

Maybe it's because I skipped the best youtube channel category. Free Civ V/Mafia isn't worth voting for that garbage.

Geedorah

Just went through the whole thing only to have GMG tell me I didn't vote.

Maybe it's because I skipped the best youtube channel category. Free Civ V/Mafia isn't worth voting for that garbage.

Well, I didn't vote on that category - or any of the last 6-7 for that matter, site was being slammed too hard. But I did hit "Submit Votes" before calling it quits, and now after 24hrs I've got Civ5 redeemed to my Steam account and I'm quite happy with it all.

You have to wait 24 hours!

No, the GMG site says "Oops, looks like you didn't vote".

I know it takes 24 hours but It's not registering that I voted. Entering in my same details gives me a cute "take it easy there, champ"

EDIT: ah okay, takes 24 hours for the votes to register. I saw the 24 hours and assumed that was for the code to be emailed. My B, guys.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LOL votings down again.

Why they can't just give you keys instead of this voting crap I dunno... it'd be on Greenmans servers, not CVG's.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but some of those choices were crap. They needed waaay more choices for best game, best storytelling and best indie. I almost vomited when NT was even in the running for best developer - all the more funny that their picture was Heavenly Sword.

Roland1979

REGISTRATION UNAVAILABLE
Sorry, but due to technical reasons, new user registration is currently unavailable. We're working on it and will restore full functionality as soon as possible. Please try back soon.
:-(

I voted with my CVG account, but didnt get email.

Is that normal or should you get something like an email that says "successfully voted"?

amardilo

Thanks for posting this I just signed up and got Mafia II.

Civ V is very good for beginners. It has some very good advisors who tell you what you should be looking into as you play (don't play for you but give very good advice to people starting out). Plus it has loads of options to make it easy to start off with.

Roland1979

I'm in. Yay! And received the email a minute later! Awesome!
Edit: and got the
Oooops.
Looks like you haven’t voted yet.
message after clicking the confirmation link. Should i vote again? From this thread i understand i should just wait 24 hours? Did it really register my votes well? It should right?:
Thank you for voting
Thanks again! It's your votes, support and continued participation which make these the people's gaming awards and the most coveted prize for publishers and developers the world over!

Its strange. I voted and got this message after voting:

"Thanks again! It's your votes, support and continued participation which make these the people's gaming awards and the most coveted prize for publishers and developers the world over!

FREE Game
You're now eligible for a free game*, courtesy of sponsors Green Man Gaming - choose between Sid Meyer's Civilization V or Mafia II for PC, via Steam - click here to get your code."

If I go to GMG and fill out my details I get the "Ooops" Page. And no email whatsoever.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Once again YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS! Highlight, underline, italics, #swagalicioussnoop.gif here

The "you haven't voted" will not change for 24 hours. If you registered on CVG successfully and they said "thanks for voting!" you're fine!

If I go to GMG and fill out my details I get the "Ooops" Page. And no email whatsoever.

If you have a GMG account you fill that in the registration page. If it gives you an oops, you don't have your information right.

Roland1979

Once again YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS! Highlight, underline, italics, #swagalicioussnoop.gif here

The "you haven't voted" will not change for 24 hours. If you registered on CVG successfully and they said "thanks for voting!" you're fine!

If you have a GMG account you fill that in the registration page. If it gives you an oops, you don't have your information right.

Thanks. I think a lot of people where confused because it does say you voted and no errors there, but once claiming the game it does say you didn't vote.

I'm in. Yay! And received the email a minute later! Awesome!
Edit: and got the message after clicking the confirmation link. Should i vote again? From this thread i understand i should just wait 24 hours? Did it really register my votes well? It should right?:

I had voted yesterday, and got the same "Oooops" message.
Just wait 24 hours, and then click on the same link. You should then receive a "Your game is on the way" message.

Yeah. I am doing that. I am even logged in GMG with the information and I checked my profile and everything is right. Password, Username, Date of Birth and Email.

Top Bottom