• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Game for Voting in Golden Joysticks.. Mafia II or Sid Meier’s Civilization V

Thanks op, got civ 5
Never played these types of games (pretty much the only genre on pc that's always stayed alien to me)

I'm not sure where to begin :p

Roto13

Still can't submit my votes because I still can't log in because I'm not sure if I even have a CVG account and I still can't register because it still gives me an error every time I try to do so.

Barzul

Got CIV 5, took roughly 18 hours from when I registered to get my code, it didn't work right away and I got all the Ooops message that most people seem to be getting.

Roto13

Finally managed to register and submit my votes. Got a second GMG email to claim my game. Still getting the "haven't voted" message but I'll give it another day I guess.

Cth

Registered and voted yesterday but still haven't received the claim code email.

Didn't see it in the spam folder either.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Ahh, so wait 48 hours.. at that point any ideas what to do?

For the people that did this yesterday but haven't received a code yet maybe you should try again because I just registered for it today and received my code within a few hours.

Gliffyr

Tried again and it worked after failing the first day since it wouldn't recognize that I already voted. Didn't need to create a new account or vote again - just logged into the Golden Joysticks website and had no issues.

Just got my Civ 5 code. Did everything from registering a CVG account to voting this morning, so looks like you can finally get through with a bit of refreshing through 505 errors.

I don't like how the redemption site words it so as to make it sound like I'm signing up for a new GMG account when I already had one for Deus Ex HR's release yea so many years ago.

I keep getting the "Ooops" error, anyway. And don't tell me it's because I've made a typo, because I've double-checked every single field and it's all accurate.

EdgeXL

Is anybody having this problem?

I voted for the games, made sure I was logged into CVG. I chose Civ5, provided my GMG login details and then when I got the verfication email I click on the link and the screen says it looks like I have not voted yet.

Should I be worried?

Is anybody having this problem?

I voted for the games, made sure I was logged into CVG. I chose Civ5, provided my GMG login details and then when I got the verfication email I click on the link and the screen says it looks like I have not voted yet.

Should I be worried?

No, it takes some time for the two sites to sync your email. The email they send you says to wait 24 hours, but mine worked after 1.

terrisus

While it won't let me access it yet (as it says please wait a minimum of 24 hours from when you register your votes), if it is what it looks like:
"You will receive an email with your Steam activation code and instructions to access your free game."

Sounds like the "free game" is only through the Steam DRM service.
What a joke and a waste of time.

TCRS

Banned
Do I need a GMG account before I vote or can I create one afterwards?

Also, voting is not working, Internal server error :/

Vecks

Do I need a GMG account before I vote or can I create one afterwards?

Also, voting is not working, Internal server error :/

Yeah, kind of frustrating to vote. Server is dying.
Edit: I'm just gonna submit my votes and see how it goes.

Hopefully the email thing doesn't take too long.

I voted mostly for Hotline Miami and Bioshock Infinite whenever they were the option. Bioshock especially for visual design, because that game is still blowing me away with how beautiful it is. Dishonored was a close second. Naughty Dog for studio, because they seemed like the finest of the bunch.

Never have played a Civ game, and I've beaten (and have been disappointed) by Mafia II, so let's see how that goes.

Honestly, I skipped most of the categories, simply because I haven't been playing most of the games in question. I've never played Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, The Walking Dead, Hotline Miami, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pikmin 3 etc., which were frequently the games popping up. I did vote for a few things, though, so...

Anyway, it's not a "you didn't vote" error I'm getting, it's a more generic "something's wrong" error.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Voted yesterday and I got my Civ V code this morning. With Pokémon releasing tomorrow, whatever social life I had is in serious trouble.

Doomshine

While it won't let me access it yet (as it says please wait a minimum of 24 hours from when you register your votes), if it is what it looks like:
"You will receive an email with your Steam activation code and instructions to access your free game."

Sounds like the "free game" is only through the Steam DRM service.
What a joke and a waste of time.

Still free though.

geebee

Banned
Yes, as I could have had Skyrim for free through there as well (through Bethesda Insiders).
But, I have no desire to waste time on a game locked to a DRM service.
Man.. people will bitch about anything. It's a damn free game! Don't like something about it, fair enough. But to come and complain.. come on.

kris.

Banned
so it took me like 4 hours but i got through voting, put in my info and everything, and clicked on the link to get the game aaaaand
it said i hadn't voted yet

halp pls

edit: should've read the thread i guess haha. i'll wait til tomorrow then!

justjim89

Submitted my votes, got my email, but when I click on the link it says I need to vote still! I click on the link and my votes are already submitted! What the hell do I do here?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't read through the thread first.

terrisus

Man.. people will bitch about anything. It's a damn free game! Don't like something about it, fair enough. But to come and complain.. come on.

More of a warning to anyone else who might care that it's not worth going through the effort of trying to get those pages to actually load.

Successfully voted without problems, and got a confirmation e-mail that I voted, but I keep getting the GMG error:

Oooops.
It seems there was a problem.

Can you please try to register your details again, as we encountered a glitch in the matrix.

Back to form.

I already had a GMG account, and I just made the CVG one using the same e-mail as that. I tried doing it on both Firefox and Chrome but get the same error. Heh. Hopefully it works soon. I've wanted to get Mafia II for years, but never got around to it, so this is too good to pass up.

Chocobro

Time to wait for my code! The thing with the glitch in the matrix error, fixed it by having both the emails for CVG and GMG be the same.

Coreda

Keep getting errors when I try to vote. Will check back later. Edit: slowly getting through it with reloads.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i voted and i registered using my green man account but it say i haven't voted yet which is not true. So its that normal or do i just have to wait 48 hours?

munroe

I got civ v when it released and it was missing a lot of features but thanks to continued support and plenty of patches, it's a really good game

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i voted and i registered using my green man account but it say i haven't voted yet which is not true. So its that normal or do i just have to wait 48 hours?

Looks like you haven't voted yet!

Once again YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS! Highlight, underline, italics, #swagalicioussnoop.gif here

The "you haven't voted" will not change for 24 hours. If you registered on CVG successfully and they said "thanks for voting!" you're fine!

And to add further: MAKE SURE YOUR CVG E-MAIL MATCHES YOUR GMG E-MAIL! Otherwise you may delay in getting them to recognize your vote.

Top Bottom