• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Game for Voting in Golden Joysticks.. Mafia II or Sid Meier’s Civilization V

nampad

It's working again but the vote for best moment HAS MAJOR SPOILERS.

Fuck, I am so angry right now, I tiptoed around threads about a certain high profile release this year for months because I didn't had the time to play it. I don't even need one of the games, was doing it for a friend :/

Allforce

I read through all the "best moment" awards, there's no major spoilers unless you're completely anal and even then the descriptions don't even give anything away but the most basic of details.

Just skip that award, I only voted for GTA V as game of the year and skipped the rest of the awards.

Also got my Civ 5 key, worked after about 20 hours, so be patient like many have said.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Still no success. If anyone can spare a Civ V key it would be awesome.

gabbo

Still no success. If anyone can spare a Civ V key it would be awesome.

Have you tried clicking the link in the email they sent you when you initially signed up? After 20+ hours, I went back and clicked the link in that, and the key was sent shortly there after.

Tried a few times. Only saw this on GMG.

"It seems there was a problem.
Can you please try to register your details again, as we encountered a glitch in the matrix."

Current details and new ones do not work on this for me. Civ V isn't worth the hassle.

Lain

Had to make a new account for GMG because I already owned Civ 5 from their Bioshock Infinite deals and the site kept giving me an error without telling me what the error was, until I thought "hey, maybe I already own Civ 5 and this is why I'm getting the error?". Now I just have to wait tomorrow for the voting to check out.

Roland1979

Turns out i already owned Civ 5, just hadn't downloaded it yet (i blame Steam sales).
I do not know if it "overwrote" the first code i had, but if it still works, first one to grab it has it:
NWYBY-Y8B07-BJV5A

deroli

Voted for The Walking Dead in every category it's in.

Me, too. The game is excellent and one of the very few included in this vote that I have actually played.

Btw, Mafia 2 was successfully added to my steam library, yay! I waited another day after submitting my votes, clicked the confirmation link in that e-mail I got and boom there it is.

haikira

It's working again but the vote for best moment HAS MAJOR SPOILERS.

Fuck, I am so angry right now, I tiptoed around threads about a certain high profile release this year for months because I didn't had the time to play it. I don't even need one of the games, was doing it for a friend :/

What game do you think you had spoilt? I just had a look over them and nothing seemed too bad. I think out of context, some of them seem a lot worse than they actually are, if that's any consolation. The Assassin's Creed 3 and Last of Us ones are actually from the start of those games, for instance.

For what it's worth I think Mafia II was a fantastic game. Just...don't go into it thinking it's an open world game or anything. I loved it. It was actually in my top 10 games of the year when it came out, but if you are the kind of person that wants to play darts or go on races in an open world game it's probably not for you.

Wasp

For what it's worth I think Mafia II was a fantastic game. Just...don't go into it thinking it's an open world game or anything. I loved it. It was actually in my top 10 games of the year when it came out, but if you are the kind of person that wants to play darts or go on races in an open world game it's probably not for you.
Exactly. The city is merely a backdrop to the story missions rather than a playground like GTA.

Jibbed

No voted message here too. If someone could PM me a Civ 5 code, it would be greatly appreciated! I've voted on 3 different accounts thus far with no luck lol.

Gangxxter

Is anyone else unable to vote? When I go to the vote page it only says "We're sorry, but due to extremely high demand the voting process is currently not available. Please try again later!" :(

Coreda

Is anyone else able to vote? When I go to the vote page it only says "We're sorry, but due to extremely high demand the voting process is currently not available. Please try again later!" :(

Edit: different page, I see. Used to display an error with a 'reload' link available, now they must have replaced it with a dedicated page.

Thanks for voting in the Golden Joysticks 2013

We've had a massive response to our free game offer, and we want to ensure that everybody who has already registered their votes receives their free game. As a result, we are temporarily suspending the promotion registration.

To follow any further announcements about this promotion and other news, follow us on social media:
But I've already been registered since 2011

Just give me my game, argh

So, yeah, voted Friday, it's now Monday, and I still haven't gotten shit.

Top Bottom