• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Game for Voting in Golden Joysticks.. Mafia II or Sid Meier’s Civilization V

alazz

Sweet deal. I'd recommend Civ V over Mafia II, unless you're unusually opposed to strategy games. Civ V is very easy to get in to and--once you're hooked--very hard to get out of. It's the ultimate, easily graspable "just one more turn..." game.

Mafia II is still one of my favorite games of its generation, though.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tried last night and voting was down...
Tried today and new user registration is down...

This sucks!

Mulgrok

oddly, I would have voted without the promise of a free game if it didn't require me to sign up at their site. I am too lazy to go through that for every site :p

Roto13

Still saying I haven't voted. I guess my votes didn't go through. I'll have to vote again when they site goes back up. If it ever goes back up.

Sentenza

Still completely unable to vote.
Frankly I don't even care about the free game that much (I have Civ V plus expansion and Mafia II was already in at least a couple of bundles), I just wish I had a chance to browse what the candidates are.

Sentenza

Oh, great.
After many attempts and a lot of frustration I clicked on "Submit your vote" after selecting just two categories and now I'm apparently unable to browse all the other categories because it says I already voted.
To add insult to the injury, as I got the confirmation mail to "choose my game" and clicked on the confirmation link, it said I didn't vote yet and I'm not eligible for the game.

I swear this must be the most disastrous, convoluted and unreliable site I crossed for this kind of initiative.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Having the same issue here. Maybe they need to update the voting database first or something?

Same thing happened to me. Keeps telling me i never voted :/

*sigh*

Once again YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS! Highlight, underline, italics, #swagalicioussnoop.gif here

The "you haven't voted" will not change for 24 hours. If you registered on CVG successfully and they said "thanks for voting!" you're fine!

David Cage in tears. Looking forward to finally experiencing Mafia 2's glorious physx support, played it on the 360 back when it came out.

Edit: Nevermind as to the first joke. Forget these awards have a cut off date earlier in the year. That youtube category makes me sad :/

jediyoshi

Got through, here goes my votes

VxqFpUN.png

Looks like I haven't voted yet.

Lies, I tell ya. LIES!

The moment my votes will be registered will be the moment that the games ran out. I'm sure of it. :(

Majukun

got my code for civ V,yay!
It's been almost 48 hours and still nothing for me, oh well. Good idea.

did you confirm your account on cvg (if you were not already registered)?
you need to receive the confirmation code and put it in the confirmation screen to be able to partecipate to promotions

deroli

I really hope everything works as intended and I'll get my free game. Right now, GMG says I haven't voted yet.
It would be the first time I get something gaming related for free. I never made use of any exploits, did not stockpile free xbox live points or registered for the same offer with dozens of different e-mail adresses... SO I DESERVE MY FREE GAME GODDAMN!!
I chose Mafia 2 btw. The original one was great for its time and even though its sequel was not praised that much, I'm still curious to play it. And no way I have enough time for Civ lol

Majukun

I really hope everything works as intended and I'll get my free game. Right now, GMG says I haven't voted yet.
It would be the first time I get something gaming related for free. I never made use of any exploits, did not stockpile free xbox live points or registered for the same offer with dozens of different e-mail adresses... SO I DESERVE MY FREE GAME GODDAMN!!
I chose Mafia 2 btw. The original one was great for its time and even though its sequel was not praised that much, I'm still curious to play it. And no way I have enough time for Civ lol

for the nyh time..did you waited at least 24 hours..that's how much tit takes for the system to register your vote..it says it too

i got mine slightly earlier (voted yesterday at 17,checked for the code at 13 today),but still you have to wait

got my code for civ V,yay!

did you confirm your account on cvg (if you were not already registered)?
you need to receive the confirmation code and put it in the confirmation screen to be able to partecipate to promotions

Yeah I did, I'll just wait - I know I've done everything correctly. For whatever reason it's just taking really long for me I guess.

Silex

Doesn't work atm:

1MDUZYo.jpg

Check the email that you used.
In my experience this error happens if you try to use banned email services (Mailinator etc.) or some other problematic addresses, or if you tried too many times and you are on cooldown in the system.

Top Bottom