• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm seriously considering selling my Ps4 for an xbone. Would that be a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ever since I was a kid, like before I was 10, my first games console that wasn't a handmedown was the original PlayStation. Then I was gifted with a Ps2 and later bought a Ps3 and now I have a Ps4.

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the Kinect functionality. But I don't really like Halo. I've tried it and tried it and I respect it for being the 3rd or 4th most iconic video game franchise of all time, but I just do not have fun playing it.

Ps4 on the other hand, has given me sooo many issues. Mainly with input lag, I dunno about the rest of you guys but input lag has been so fucking bad with my Ps4 experience. If it is the controllers, then nearly ALL the Dualshock 4s I've owned have had that issue. I can't be that unlucky right? If it is the Ps4 system, then what the fuck... this was never an issue with the Ps3 and Dualshock 3.

But this is neogaf. So I want to hear your thoughts.

meptrep

Do the Xbone exclusive games look better than the PS4 exclusives to you?

If so, buy an Xbone. If not, keep your PS4.

Wait till after Bloodbourne. Then go for it. Though the Xbone doesn't really offer anything more than the PS4. But, go with your gut, get what you want and don't sweat the details.

Abriael

Banned
If you have input lag, you should check your TV, and if the issue isn't there, you should be looking into getting your unit replaced under warranty, not another console.

Dio

Banned
What games/situations are where your 'input lag' situations are happening? It may be the game, not the system - GTA5, for example, has built in input lag.

-MD-

Been using a Dualshock 4 on PC for a year and haven't experienced input lag, is it a tv/monitor issue perhaps?

Also Kinect seems to be dead.

Kazoo pls

It ultimately depends on what kind of exclusives you want. If there's exclusives you want on the PS4, keep it. If not, get an Xbone

AndyD

aka andydumi
If input lag is what's bothering you then going to a different console won't help. The lag on ps4 is no different than 3. Nor the xone. Short of it being a defective machine. The tv is where most lag is introduced.

Syrus

Banned
Sunset beats any PS4 exclusive IMO. Xbox has been nothing but amazing and games look and play great.

You wont go wrong with either but X1 is great

Hmmm. When specifically are you experiencing input lag? It is an issue with certain PS4 games (like GTAV) but it definitely hasn't been a system-wide issue for me.

As a side note I'd say selling a console is usually not a great idea. Most people end up regretting it when a great exclusive that they want comes out. Maybe look into to keeping the PS4 but trying to get an Xbox One on the cheap, if possible? Will be a big harder for you since you want a kinect though.

MMaRsu

Banned
Yes that is a stupid stupid idea. I told the same thing to my little nephew but he went and did it anyway. He couldnt even name two games he wanted to play on the damn thing.

Silky

Banned
What games/situations are where your 'input lag' situations are happening? It may be the game, not the system - GTA5, for example, has built in input lag.

What the fuck is this. Is this a serious thing?

Built in input lag?

Forreal?

--

OP play the games that interest you and follow what you want. I think X1 and PS4 has a fine amount of exclusives that are difficult to choose between really.

RedAssedApe

Banned
why would input lag be fixed by switching from ps4 to xbone?

input lag is usually due to your tv or monitor or even the game itself.

What the fuck is this. Is this a serious thing?

Built in input lag?

Forreal?

fixed in latest patch iirc? just bought gtav for ps4 but did not open it yet.

Snorlocs

If the ps4 has more games that interest you then stick with it. If not see if you can rent/borrow an xb1 to see if it feels better to you

RM8

It's as easy as deciding which one has more games you want. It's the only answer whenever "Should I buy System A or System B?" threads appear.

migh_and_highty

Neo Member
Input lag? On all games or a specific one?
Chances are it's your TV. Enable gaming mode or similar if your TV has one, most Samsung smart tvs have one.

As others say, go where the games you want are.

Yaari

It's nice that you can appreciate the Kinect but what do you really plan on doing with it?

I have one and I don't even use it to boot things up anymore.

HORRORSHØW

like others have said, go where the games are. personally, there's only a few games that interest me atm (KI, SO, and uh...) but i'll probably pick one up down the line when there are more enticing exclusives (hopefully it's cheaper by then, too).

Save your money and buy a xbox one outright. They are cheap enough.

You are not going to get close to your moneys worth out your PS4 the way the prices of both console have dropped so much this hoilday season. Its not worth selling now.

Sunset beats any PS4 exclusive IMO. Xbox has been nothing but amazing and games look and play great.

You wont go wrong with either but X1 is great

Right now, sure, but Bloodborne and Uncharted are both next year. No Man's Sky is you're into indie games, Tearaway is excellent if you haven't played it.

X1 has the better exclusive library right now for sure, but barring any surprising announcements from Microsoft that'll change next year.

I've never heard or experienced your input lag thing OP, I'd maybe look around AVS and see if you have setting on your TV or something that's causing that. If that's the main reason you'd sell your PS4 I'd say hold off until you do more research. If you really want Kinect and X1 exclusives obviously you should get one.

Have no idea what this input lag you speak of is, but buy whatever you want. You know what games and services both systems offer. Maybe consider building a PC if you don't like Xbox exclusives.

Yoday

If you are getting that much input lag, then there is either something up with your system, or it is being introduced on your TV or receiver. Maybe the bluetooth receiver in your PS4 is bad? I'd get the system replaced under warranty or try it on another setup before selling it.

Rizific

So no one has suggested taking a look at his TV settings? Op, make sure you set your TV to the game mode if it has one and turn off all motion smoothing settings. Address that first.

-MD-

So no one has suggested taking a look at his TV settings? Op, make sure you set your TV to the game mode if it has one and turn off all motion smoothing settings. Address that first.

Multiple people suggested that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
also i would suggest trying out the xbone on the same tv before you sell the ps4 (maybe if you have a friend or something) or trying the ps4 on another tv or monitor.

especially if your main complaint is input lag and has nothing to do with os or game lineup

Memory

Do it if you really feel that way, otherwise youll never know what could have been.

The input lag is likley your tv btw, worth checking out before you make your choice.

I would never trade PS4 for an X1, just save a little more and buy an X1 before you sell your PS4.

Remember the grass is always greener on the other side.

Like others have said; input lag is probably due to your tv.

I would imagine selling your PS4 would be a decision you would regret...especially when PS4 is shaping up to have quite a memorable 2015. Just save up and buy an X1 later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom