• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm seriously considering selling my Ps4 for an xbone. Would that be a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

I definitely wouldn't do it if you also play games on PC. It's more likely to see Xbone exclusives on PC as well, while you will almost certainly miss out on PS4 exclusives sans SFV which is also PC.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I definitely wouldn't do it if you also play games on PC. It's more likely to see Xbone exclusives on PC as well, while you will almost certainly miss out on PS4 exclusives sans SFV which is also PC.

Yep. PC+PS4+WiiU is the way

R3TRODYCE

I'd save up for an XBO and keep the ps4. The ps4 has better exclusives so far imo and the XBO can be bought for cheap.

Beast780

I own both and I probably only use my Xbone once every other month at most? Haven't played since Forza Horizon 2. I've got the Master Chief Collection still wrapped up.

Late Flag

I guess if you don't mind missing all the exclusives coming and getting lower quality 3rd party titles...

Eh, maybe the guy just prefers the XB1 library so far.

Like everybody else said, though, the input lag isn't the PS4. It's probably your TV.

Like others have said, the input lag is something on your end. You need to figure it out. As for selling it, go where your friends are and where the exclusive games you like most are. You can't lose with either one, regardless of what "information" shills will fill your head with.

Illucio

Banned
Like everyone else will tell you, are you interested in Xbox One gamers currently available or upcoming? Halo 5, Quantum Break, and Scalebound.
Are you sure you won't be wanting to play any upcoming PS4 games or even current games? Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, and Uncharted 4.

Go to where the games you want to play are. If Xbox's Kinect is what makes you attracted to Xbox, then you should know they are practically abandoning the Kinect in favor to producing regular games. While the PS4 has the Playstation Camera that they are planning on pulling for support on once Playstation's Morphus VR headset is released. But support for that device all depends on how well it sells. Just like the Kinect or any gimmicky game.

I'm sticking with Playstation because I want to play No Man's Sky, Ratchet and Clank, Persona 5, and any big Japanese game in general.
But if you like what Xbox has to offer like Halo, Gears of War, and so on. Then trade in for a Xbox.

semiconscious

Gold Member
op has left the building?...

also, curious about what aspects of 'kinect functionality' you find so appealing. gesture? voice?...

Tmecha

Neo Member
If ps4 is giving u grief than go for it. Or if u can afford it, keep ps4 and buy an xbox one. Too many games on both systems to ignore.

Biker19

Banned
Yes that is a stupid stupid idea. I told the same thing to my little nephew but he went and did it anyway. He couldnt even name two games he wanted to play on the damn thing.

Yep. PC+PS4+WiiU is the way

These. If I had a Xbox One, I would certainly trade it in towards a PS4 at this point (or towards a Wii U if you already own a PS4), especially when games like TitanFall, DeadRising 3, & Ryse had appeared on PC, & possibly more games that are "Xbox One exclusive" will also appear on PC in the future.

Xbox One has nothing huge under the sun for next year except for Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider (which is timed exclusive), & Halo 5, & we don't even know when QB's coming out.

ta155

I was tempted into doing this around the time Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and MCC were all hitting, but could never quite bring myself to ditch the PS4.

And as much as I love the look of the Xbox line-up, having played around with it at a family gathering today it was a real struggle going from the pretty rapid install/update times on PS4 to the absurd amount of time it can take to play a new game on the One. Took a good 15 minutes or so before PES was ready to play.

That said, was really impressed by some of the UI stuff with achievement tracking and comparing stats against friends. Controller's lovely, too, really nice iteration on the 360 pad.

I found Kinect to be garbage, though.

kadotsu

Banned
The next 9 months look rough for the XBOX library. If anything, get an XBOX next holiday. This of course assumes that you not purchasing an XBOX until now means you don't care about the titles already released that much.

I've come to hate the DS4 controller. Putting the PS button right between the two sticks was really stupid. Slip the thumb from the stick and you are out of the game.

TsuWave

if you're set on do it you should go ahead with it. no point keeping a console you don't want to keep and i hardly see how strangers can convince you otherwise.

Kirye

It's probably your tv, check the settings or look into getting a new tv.

As for the console choice, just go with whichever games you think you'd enjoy more.

LowParry

I've come to hate the DS4 controller. Putting the PS button right between the two sticks was really stupid. Slip the thumb from the stick and you are out of the game.

That's gotta be the most clumsy thing I've ever heard. Slip the thumb? What are we playing with, Vaseline?

Chiggs

Gold Member
Selling a system to buy another is usually a mistake. You'll just end up buying it again at some point.

OP - no input lag issue with PS4. Make sure you have you're TV set to game mode if it gives you the option.

Clearing that up, get an XBOX One to supplement your PS4. Best of both worlds.

If you like day long installation times go for Xbox one, thats what im stuck with, especially with a 80Mbps connection, 12 hours and still at 80% thats fucking pathetic. I regret getting this console and i will probably be returning it.

Input Lag is not a PS4 or Dualshock issue, they work great. You should probably sell your TV and get a new one, that is most likely where your issues are....

Of all the complaints people make about PS4, input lag normally isn't one of them....

Also, OP, you say you have " sooooo many issues" with the PS4, but only mention input lag. What are the other issues?

And some people in here need to read the OP. He isn't having issues with games, exclusives, his friends being on Xbox....

HowZatOZ

Banned
These. If I had a Xbox One, I would certainly trade it in towards a PS4 at this point (or towards a Wii U if you already own a PS4), especially when games like TitanFall, DeadRising 3, & Ryse had appeared on PC, & possibly more games that are "Xbox One exclusive" will appear on PC in the future.

Xbox One has nothing huge under the sun for next year except for Quantum Break & Halo 5, & we don't even know when QB's coming out.

That's not to say the OP or anyone else thinking of picking up an Xbox One doesn't find the console interesting and its current library worth it. I've got a PC, PS4 and Wii U and I'll be picking up an Xbox One eventually because some of the current games look amazing. Everyone will always have different tastes.

Thyralax

Banned
I did it and don't regret it at all, I've had every Sony console since they came out, that being said with the PSN issues, lack of exclusives that I would like(personal opinion), and the fact that Xbox has games I want to play, more friends own it, and they update the console much more often, it was a no brainier for me to switch. That's me personally and I'm not knocking the PS4 it's just not for me at this time.

fedexpeon

Banned
Do it.
Go with your guts feeling.
The PS4 doesn't have anything to match up with the functionality of the Kinect.
Kinect games will also be huge in the next 5 years. PS4 will be in the dust.

grumble

Honestly right now:

WiiU > Xbox one > ps4 for current library.

But in 2015 when you should be buying one...

WiiU = ps4 > Xbox one in my opinion.

If I were you is wait on it for a bit.

-MD-

How many times has that happened to you lol?

Unless your thumbs are absolutely massive I don't see how that could even happen.

That's gotta be the most clumsy thing I've ever heard. Slip the thumb? What are we playing with, Vaseline?

Don't get me wrong, DS4's thumbsticks are slippery as fuck but to actually hit the PS button? Seems impossibly clumsy.

I'm about ready to shelf my PS4 and go back to my 360 to finish up the backlog. PSN is just such a piece of shit and overall my experience on PS4 has been the most underwhelming out of any console I've owned. Everything just feels half assed.

Afrikan

input Lag?

If I didn't know any better I'd think this thread was created just for the Topic Title to be plastered on the first page.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I would at least wait until a game comes out for xbone that you are dying to play. Multiplats run better on ps4 and neither really has a killer exclusive yet IMO.

Way back I traded in my PS4 for an Xbox. Immediately regretted it and got my ps4 back. Added an Xbox later. Owning both, I'd say don't waste your time if you aren't interested in halo. I'd only suggest it if there is another exclusive that you really really dig on the xbone. In regards to kinect, I loved it and think voice control is cool, but I find I don't even bother anymore. Controller is just as fast if not faster and I'm not sitting around yelling at my Xbox.

Bgamer90

Banned
If you like day long installation times go for Xbox one, thats what im stuck with, especially with a 80Mbps connection, 12 hours and still at 80% thats fucking pathetic. I regret getting this console and i will probably be returning it.

Today? More than likely due to the issues XBL has been having. It's up but it has been slow for many hours.

Anyway, do what you want. People saying it's "stupid" are hilariously immature. I would say to keep your PS4 and get the Xbox One since it can be bought for cheap though. There are games coming to both next year that haven't been announced yet -- especially Xbox One if MS' announcement schedule with the 360 is anything to go by. HIGHLY doubt Halo 5 and Quantum Break will the only AAA exclusives on the Xbox One in 2015.

Do it.
Go with your guts feeling.
The PS4 doesn't have anything to match up with the functionality of the Kinect.
Kinect games will also be huge in the next 5 years. PS4 will be in the dust.

::scratches head::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom