• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm seriously considering selling my Ps4 for an xbone. Would that be a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't too crazy OP

I went full XboxOne when I couldnt past how goddamned loud the PS4 was (owned both a white and black one throughout the year FYI).

While I do find myself nostalgic due to just sheer brand loyalty, I've adjusted and have come to just prefer the X1, raw specs/performance, and 1080ps aside :)

RedFury

It's seriously a bad move. I own both and absolutely love sunset overdrive and halo. But halo MCC is a mess and halo is dead to me since halo 4. I Have most exclusives for it but wouldn't say sunset is worth the price of admission. If there are other series's you love then by all means go for it. I'd sell you mine for cheap if I wasn't eagerly waiting for Scalebound. Also kinect is a terrible excuse to get the console(that's partially the reason I took the plunge), I regret it so much.

GHG

Gold Member
Maybe he played it last gen.

Also Sunset Overdrive (imo) really picks up once you get air dashes about 4 hours in. If you gave up after 1 hour you played it wrong.

Some people don't want to have to play a game for 4 hours just for it to get any good...

That's not "playing it wrong".

I own both consoles, but I just prefer the PS4. PS4 simply has better quality games compared to the Xbox One.

Resolution and frame rates are almost always better on the PS4.

Have you actually tried contacting Sony support about this or even the store you bought from?

And about giving a shit about your customers... To be honest neither of them really do when it comes down to it:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=955285

I was advised to delete my game save as a solution to my problems here. As if I'm just going to delete my 50+ hour save file just because of their fuckup... There still hasn't been a patch for this either.

The grass isn't always greener my friend. If you can afford to get both, then do it. But trading any console is always a bad idea unless you are jumping a generation.

I'm a recent college graduate so I can't really be spending money like crazy right now. Also, I don't want to own more than one console. It is of my belief that only one should be owned and maybe a Wii U on the side, if you're into Nintendo games obviously but I'm really not.

Anyways, to all of you suggesting that I check my TV's settings: This type of input lag was NEVER an issue with my Ps3 and Ds3, which I've played on the same televisions I've played my Ps4 on. And it's happened on multiple games; ghosts, minecraft... however I noticed that once I plugged in my micro usb, the input lag stopped. So it MIGHT have been low battery. I dunno.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeah not very clear huh? I was referring to where he asked if it would be a mistake, in my opinion, considering the PS4's lineup in 2015 it would absolutely be a mistake to trade it in.

Ah, sorry about that. I misinterpreted. I did pose it as a question though :)

Noobcraft

Some people don't want to have to play a game for 4 hours just for it to get any good...

That's not "playing it wrong".
I worded it poorly. Still one hour is a really short window to give a game to see if it's good or not (depending on the genre).

GHG

Gold Member
I'm a recent college graduate so I can't really be spending money like crazy right now. Also, I don't want to own more than one console. It is of my belief that only one should be owned and maybe a Wii U on the side, if you're into Nintendo games obviously but I'm really not.

Anyways, to all of you suggesting that I check my TV's settings: This type of input lag was NEVER an issue with my Ps3 and Ds3, which I've played on the same televisions I've played my Ps4 on. And it's happened on multiple games; ghosts, minecraft... however I noticed that once I plugged in my micro usb, the input lag stopped. So it MIGHT have been low battery. I dunno.

Sounds like your controller is the issue:

http://youtu.be/fxcdnPFVBY4

Noobcraft

Regarding the input lag, where do you keep your PS4? The DS4 uses Bluetooth to connect and some TV cabinets can cause connection issues.

SonicBoom

Both consoles have great exclusive to offer but if you wanna jump ship then do so.

If I were you I would keep the PS4 for exclusives and buy a Xbox One its exclusives

ronco2000

I worded it poorly. Still one hour is a really short window to give a game to see if it's good or not (depending on the genre).

I said after playing an hour it got repetitive. I didn't say stopped playing. I may had spent around 20+ hours both sp and Mp and just stopped due to being too repetitive.

Have you played The Last of Us? That game beats Sunset in both Sp and MP. Yes, I have the one and played Sunset, which I think it's too repetitive after playing an hour.

Gameplay isn't exactly TLoU's strength, and it doesn't scratch close to the same itch. And if a remastered last gen game is your answer, you are kind of making his point.

Slixshot

Banned
So ever since I was a kid, like before I was 10, my first games console that wasn't a handmedown was the original PlayStation. Then I was gifted with a Ps2 and later bought a Ps3 and now I have a Ps4.

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the Kinect functionality. But I don't really like Halo. I've tried it and tried it and I respect it for being the 3rd or 4th most iconic video game franchise of all time, but I just do not have fun playing it.

Ps4 on the other hand, has given me sooo many issues. Mainly with input lag, I dunno about the rest of you guys but input lag has been so fucking bad with my Ps4 experience. If it is the controllers, then nearly ALL the Dualshock 4s I've owned have had that issue. I can't be that unlucky right? If it is the Ps4 system, then what the fuck... this was never an issue with the Ps3 and Dualshock 3.

But this is neogaf. So I want to hear your thoughts.

Dude.... Persona 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom