• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm seriously considering selling my Ps4 for an xbone. Would that be a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If money is not an issue, I suggest you get an Xbox One first, then sell your PS4 only if you're happy with your Xbox and don't feel like playing any of the upcoming PS4 games.

Yudoken

Selling consoles is almost always a bad idea.
But honestly buying current gen consoles is also dumb (especially when most games are available for cheaper and better on a other platform) but I highly recommend picking up the 2nd revision of the console you want to have.
Most times the 3rd revision is somehow worse than the second.
Also the PS4 has a lot to look forward than the Xone for the next years.

Nope, the X1 is a perfectly fine gaming console. I'd personally pick it over a PS4 but that's just me. If you prefer MS exclusives then it's a no brainer

I would never sell a console this early, you would just be throwing away $100 to $150 on the console and about half of what you paid for the games you bought. Unless you went digital then you would be losing all of it. I would just save up for a XB1, you're bound to want to play at least a few PS4 exclusives over the next 6-8 years.

Chabbles

It'll be a mistake if you get an XB1 only to find out the input lag is from your tv and not the console. which may be the case., and man its funny how so many people reply to thread titles and dont even read the op.

Copen

Banned
Like others have said; input lag is probably due to your tv.

I would imagine selling your PS4 would be a decision you would regret...especially when PS4 is shaping up to have quite a memorable 2015. Just save up and buy an X1 later.

I don't wanna influence the dudes decision either way but yes the lag he's talking about ive only experienced on GTA 5 and I sold that shit 2 a week later because I was pissed some moron over at Rockstar fucked up the trigger button making the experience for me worthless. But by his description the situation sounds like a tv issue not a PS4 one. But in the end he's got to play what he pays for so the choice is ultimately his though I'd recommend if possible to keep the PS4 and buy a X1 having both if financially possible is the best option.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why do people need to sell? I'd say no and just save your money. You know where my Kinect ended up when I first bought it? In my closet. The game is nowhere to be found. I thought there was a legit purpose to own one. I used it during ME3 and it went in the closet.

I worked for GS during the 360/PS3/Wii and it was pretty sad watching people just trade in their console for some strong reason. Seriously keep it. Save up for an XB1. This gen hasn't even really kicked off yet.

Elandyll

Banned
Input lag? Wth?

As said, the choice should be relative to the games you like and your friends. On the PS4, 2015 looks like its going to be a banner year imo for games, but as per the input lag, I'd try your PS4 on a different TV first or tweaking your current one. Something's not right imo.

Gurrry

input lag sounds like a TV issue

i do love my xbone though, and the kinect functionality.

if you arent interested in blood borne or other sony first party titles, make the switch. you can always get a ps4 again later.

I've never really noticed any input lag on any of my games with the PS4.

Maybe I just don't have the eye for it.

As others have said though, my decision came down to which exclusives I liked the look off and which console my mates were getting.

Bandit1

Wait ... You're advising him to sell his PS4 because of the line up for it in 2015?

Yeah not very clear huh? I was referring to where he asked if it would be a mistake, in my opinion, considering the PS4's lineup in 2015 it would absolutely be a mistake to trade it in.

GHG

Gold Member
Lets see how ridiculous this is...

- You don't like halo but want an Xbox one instead of a ps4. Why...? I don't like halo, own both and own just 2 games on the Xbox one vs 10+ on the PS4.

- You like the idea of Kinect. Good for you. Apart from the fact that Microsoft are pretty much pretending the thing doesn't even exist at this point.

- Input lag. Your tv is the problem here or you have a defective ps4.

But go ahead and get an Xbox one instead just months before things really start getting interesting on the ps4.

Sounds logical.

Buy the ps4 camera, it's got some of the kinect os features.

Definitely check to see if the ps4 is defective. I've never experienced any of this lag you speak of. Trust me, resogun would be affected.

Now if this is a stealth "validate me because I like the Xbone more" thread, by all means, just play what makes you happy.

The PS4 is looking to have an extremely good 2015, so make sure you won't regret the choice.

Omega

Banned
i would advise against switching unless you're 100% certain.

When will you know you have decided 100% to sell your PS4? When you wake up one morning and don't decide "I should ask NeoGAF if this is a good decision"

Loakum

Banned
Would it be a mistake for this year? No. Will it be a mistake for next year? Hell yeah! Which is a moot point since there are only 6 days left for this year. lol

ekim

If you can afford it, get both. If not, go for the console where the exclusives cater your needs more. If you want the best 3rd party console, keep your PS4.

I would normally say do what you want but if your reasons are Kinect and input lag I don't think thats a good reason to want to switch.

Kinect is all but dead by devs and Microsoft themselves so if you're looking for games on that end you're kind of not going to get a lot of luck.

And as others have said PS4 doesn't have input lag so it must be your TV or something and I'd bet the XB1 would end up having it too with your setup.

BriGuy

Buy a new HDMI cable (make sure it goes straight to the television and not through a switcher), and if that fails, buy a new tv. Your input lag problem won't be console specific.

V8PWpgC.jpg

Kamiya says do it.

hatchx

Banned
I almost sold my ps4 for an Xbox one this fall for sunset overdrive and halo collection....

....sunset looks great but halo collection is broken, and X1's exclusive lineup next year is pitiful.

I'm curious to hear more about this input lag issue you're having. I'm assuming you ruled out your TV, receiver, etc.

it is definitely NOT my tv, because I've connected my Ps4 to 3 different televisions.

My dilemma here is ultimately that I just like PlayStation games more, but the service Sony provides is so horrendous. Microsoft's just seems more reliable and trustworthy, and they seem like they give a shit about their customers more.

The 3 things holding me back are the hassle in getting rid of my Ps4, the power advantage of the Ps4, and simply the fact that I've been playing PlayStation for like 15 years and I like them better than Xbox games. I'm just afraid I won't have as much fun with an xbone.

Noobcraft

it is definitely NOT my tv, because I've connected my Ps4 to 3 different televisions.

My dilemma here is ultimately that I just like PlayStation games more, but the service Sony provides is so horrendous. Microsoft's just seems more reliable and trustworthy, and they seem like they give a shit about their customers more.

The 3 things holding me back are the hassle in getting rid of my Ps4, the power advantage of the Ps4, and simply the fact that I've been playing PlayStation for like 15 years and I like them better than Xbox games. I'm just afraid I won't have as much fun with an xbone.
Any friends with an Xbox one? I wouldn't jump on impulse, I would definitely try some games on one to see if you like it. I own both consoles but it really is down to personal taste. IMO Microsoft does handle their network much better and they are more progressive with making you feel valuable, but that really depends on what your tastes are.

Sounds like a bogus unit. Sony's customer service isn't great, but when it comes to replacing a unit that's not on warranty, none of the big 3 will be "great". Perhaps you can replace it at the vendor you purchased it from.

Eh try it, you will make bigger mistakes in life. You could always just sell your xbone and get a PS4 again. Or get both.

Or buy a Vita.

virtualS

I think so. PS4 hardware is superior and traditionally Sony supports their machines far longer than Microsoft does. There will be some must have Xbox exclusives though. I'll wait for a cheaper and smaller One revision.

If you plugged the ps4 into 3 tvs with all the motion crap on you wouldn't get a difference anyways. U really aren't giving any useful info for us to actually try and help u.

Idk about ps4, but I have been enjoying my X1.

Uncharted 4 and a few Indy games is all that interest me on the PS4 for the moment, but I'm sure the will be more stuff in a year or two.

I got x1 for halo, but honestly I think I have had more fun playing games like PvZ and sunset overdrive this year than I have with Halo.

So yeah good luck with your decision, but if your gonna do it, now is the time while the deals are still here.

LowerLevel

get an xbox and keep the ps4

Concur. Both are going to have something the other won't at some point down the road. I am an Xbot and will never deny it. But I know there will be games I will want to play and only will be able to on the Ps4. I despise the analog sticks in the middle and the lousy excuse for triggers that Sony has utilized but it wont keep me from playing something like Valkyria Chronicles or something similar. And when that particular type of game comes, I'm buying a Ps4.

GHG

Gold Member

Have you actually tried contacting Sony support about this or even the store you bought from?

And about giving a shit about your customers... To be honest neither of them really do when it comes down to it:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=955285

I was advised to delete my game save as a solution to my problems here. As if I'm just going to delete my 50+ hour save file just because of their fuckup... There still hasn't been a patch for this either.

The grass isn't always greener my friend. If you can afford to get both, then do it. But trading any console is always a bad idea unless you are jumping a generation.

The1Ski

How are you guys defining and observing input lag? Not calling anyone a liar or anything, I'm just curious.

There's a lot of games these days that try and create realistic movement animations and "weightiness". This makes it feel like lag because the character doesn't immediately turn when the stick moves.

ronco2000

Sunset beats any PS4 exclusive IMO. Xbox has been nothing but amazing and games look and play great.

You wont go wrong with either but X1 is great

Have you played The Last of Us? That game beats Sunset in both Sp and MP. Yes, I have the one and played Sunset, which I think it's too repetitive after playing an hour.

Noobcraft

Have you played The Last of Us? That game beats Sunset in both Sp and MP. Yes, I have the one and played Sunset, which I think it's too repetitive after playing an hour.
Maybe he played it last gen.

Also Sunset Overdrive (imo) really picks up once you get air dashes about 4 hours in. If you gave up after 1 hour you played it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom