• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm seriously considering selling my Ps4 for an xbone. Would that be a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobcraft

How many times has that happened to you lol?

Unless your thumbs are absolutely massive I don't see how that could even happen.
Never happened to me personally but I have a friend that did it like 7 times in one point to point Driveclub race. It was painful to watch but totally understandable because his hands are huge.

bryanee

Considering some of the PS4 exclusives that are coming out in 2015 selling it would be the last thing I would do.

kitch9

Banned
So ever since I was a kid, like before I was 10, my first games console that wasn't a handmedown was the original PlayStation. Then I was gifted with a Ps2 and later bought a Ps3 and now I have a Ps4.

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the Kinect functionality. But I don't really like Halo. I've tried it and tried it and I respect it for being the 3rd or 4th most iconic video game franchise of all time, but I just do not have fun playing it.

Ps4 on the other hand, has given me sooo many issues. Mainly with input lag, I dunno about the rest of you guys but input lag has been so fucking bad with my Ps4 experience. If it is the controllers, then nearly ALL the Dualshock 4s I've owned have had that issue. I can't be that unlucky right? If it is the Ps4 system, then what the fuck... this was never an issue with the Ps3 and Dualshock 3.

But this is neogaf. So I want to hear your thoughts.

Do you think if the PS4 had more input lag than the Xbox it wouldn't be known or something?

What the fuck is this. Is this a serious thing?

Built in input lag?

Forreal?

--

OP play the games that interest you and follow what you want. I think X1 and PS4 has a fine amount of exclusives that are difficult to choose between really.

It has shit dead zones which they patched now anyway, also the acceleration is a bit weird but nonetheless the patch had fixed the input lag in GTA.

-MD-

OP hasn't responded yet because of the revelation that his TV was causing his input lag.

Now he's very satisfied with his Playstation 4.

dEvAnGeL

do whatever makes you happy, i got an xbox one on BF and i returned it 3 weeks later, the UI while pretty is incredibly frustrating and cumbersome like nothing ive use before, yeah, the UI on ps4 is simplistic but is so snappy, i was on a similar boat as you OP but thankfully i didn't got rid of my ps4 and after i returned the xbox one i ended up getting another ps4 for my bedroom to use as media player and sometimes i play indie games with the wife on the room

Duxxy3

I don't regret trading my PS4 for an XB1. Gave up slightly better graphics for a controller I could stand. Was totally worth the tradeoff for me.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I wouldn't recommend doing that OP. If you want the Bone save your money up. They're both worth it. Oh, and Kinect is pretty dead unless you love voice commands.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I wouldn't do it, OP. But it might be right for you.

I would like to have an Xbox One, though. To play some Forza and Sunset Overdrive.

Nuke Soda

Whatever would make you happiest. Personally I would box them up for a while and go the PC route and then unbox the consoles when some good exclusives start coming.

The Order, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 don't interest you at all?

post-35088-are-you-not-entertained-gif-Gl-hg9r.gif

Ranger X

So ever since I was a kid, like before I was 10, my first games console that wasn't a handmedown was the original PlayStation. Then I was gifted with a Ps2 and later bought a Ps3 and now I have a Ps4.

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the Kinect functionality. But I don't really like Halo. I've tried it and tried it and I respect it for being the 3rd or 4th most iconic video game franchise of all time, but I just do not have fun playing it.

Ps4 on the other hand, has given me sooo many issues. Mainly with input lag, I dunno about the rest of you guys but input lag has been so fucking bad with my Ps4 experience. If it is the controllers, then nearly ALL the Dualshock 4s I've owned have had that issue. I can't be that unlucky right? If it is the Ps4 system, then what the fuck... this was never an issue with the Ps3 and Dualshock 3.

If you really want Kinect style functionality, you have it with the PSeye. Long story short, both wouldn't bring much to your gaming anyways. As for the input lag question, this is not because of the consoles or the controller but because of the game dev itself. SElling your PS4 would therefore bring nothing on the table.

And to continue the reasons why you shouldn't sell, the PS4 is the most popular console so far. This means its where the real effort will be put by devellopers. You will get all the multi-console games. You will also get the best versions since the hardware is also a bit better in overall. Sony is also pulling out more exclusives and a more diverse lineup within a game generation than Microsoft is. Nothing indicates it will be different this gen too.

You simply got no real advantage to sell that thing buddy.

If you want an X1 get one. But in my opinion getting one because of the dying Kinect accessory is a dumb move.

Also add me to the list of ppl who think the input lag is on the TV's end or a faulty console which should get replaced free via warranty.

If you had so many joy out of your PS1,2 and 3 I have confidence it'll happen just as much with your PS4 which, just like the first year of the PS2 and 3, had a slow start.

Remember the first absolutely must haves for PS2 (FFX, GT3, MGS2, GTA3) didn't arrive until the system's second holiday season. And back then games took much less time to make.

Stick to it. Just look what 2013 bring to the PS3!

Itll pay off really soon.

cakefoo

That would be like trading your PS4 for an XBO because PSN was down yesterday- you're going to have the same problem no matter the console.

Feonix

1) Input lag is not generally a PS4 issue, as others have stated, it's probably an issue with your TV.

2) Go wherever your friends are playing; playing with friends will provide far more enjoyment.

3) Kinect is dead, so don't get an X1 if that's what you're hoping for.

The source of your complaint is user error.

Bgamer90

Banned
3) Kinect is dead, so don't get an X1 if that's what you're hoping for.

Sounds like he wants it more for the system/UI features which won't be removed (at least not anytime soon).

Is the PS4 the first console you've ever had connected to your TV OP?

zlatko

Banned
Sounds more like you need to figure out this input lag scenario.

Do you have another TV you can test your PS4 on to see if the problem persists?

What kind of TV do you have? Try taking it off Game mode if you set it to that at all. Perhaps the better investment will come in the form of a new TV, not another console where(in my personal experience) there are a LOT more issues right out of the box than the PS4.

However, if there is nothing on PS4 that is keeping your attention, and the only games you really are itching to play are on XB1 somehow, then hop ship. Or...save up and have both.

BPoole

Why? If you're not happy with the PS4,you won't be happy with an Xbone. They're practically identical at this point

I did this back in October. I didn't lose any money as I returned it though. Was worth it for me but I didn't invest anything in it.

Gonna pick up a ps4 the next time deals come around. Like E3 time or next September.

Why? If you're not happy with the PS4,you won't be happy with an Xbone. They're practically identical at this point
Unless you're a fan of Halo, which is not the OP's case.

I insist. If you want an X1, get it. But don't make that decision based on Kinect, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom