• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Beasts Of No Nation’ Revelation Abraham Attah Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Nope lol that is why they keep pushing for a 30 year old to play a 13 year old.

Who says Miles has to be 13? It's a movie adaptation. Hollywood gives no ducks about accuracy. They had 26 year old Tobey Maguire playing 17 year old Peter Parker. With all that said, most of us know Attah isn't playing Miles. Some of us are just fucking around.

Attah is 15. Peter is supposed to be 15/16. Holland's is 20. It's not out of the realm of reality for him to be a year younger than Peter Parker. He's not black and Latino, but again, when did Hollywood give a flying fuck about accuracy when it comes to minorities or adaptations?

Permanently A

Wait a minute, the Sony deal only allows them to use Peter, right?

What if they're setting up Miles so they can make Spiderman movies witthout Sony?

icespide

Banned
Donald Glover would be a better Peter Parker than Miles Morales

What if they're setting up Miles so they can make Spiderman movies witthout Sony?

nah a miles morales spidey film would fall under sony's rights

Slayven

Like Donald Glover is 32 years young. He can do the voice of Miles sure, but that nigga looks 30. He can't play an 8th grader

f3qyFbL.jpg

I'm a 13 year old boy, how can I live up to Peter? I wish I could talk to him but he's dead, oh wait, he's alive? And I'm 32?
Well people do see minority children as being older than they really are

Who says Miles has to be 13? It's a movie adaptation. Hollywood gives no ducks about accuracy. They had 26 year old Tobey Maguire playing 17 year old Peter Parker. With all that said, most of us know Attah isn't playing Miles. Some of us are just fucking around.

I mean would the character really be miles if they age him up?

I mean all we got is stories of him being a 13-14 kid with little personalty

Edwins

I mean Peter wasn't a particular important person to Miles. I doubt they would be need to make them friends.

They're actually starting to test the waters with Peter and Miles in a friendly relationship. I started playing Marvel Puzzle Quest somewhat recently. They did a Spider-Man event that featured Peter and Miles palling around and fighting crime together. They seem to be tweaking the Miles formula a little as the character is introduced in other media. They don't actually want to kill off Peter just to get a Miles Spidey going.

Edwins

Sony has Miles.

Oddly enough Spider-Ham was "frozen" (neither studio could use him) according to the Sony hack. It's probably a nonfactor now, though, what with them working together.

icespide

Banned
Sony has Miles.

Oddly enough Spider-Ham was "frozen" (neither studio could use him) according to the Sony hack. It's probably a nonfactor now, though, what with them working together.

are you telling me a spider-ham movie could happen now?!??! this is new thread worthy

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
post credits:
"i never did catch your name, kiddo"

"... it's miles"

cue audience freak out. god damn, the mere possibility of introducing Miles now for the long game is blowing my mind.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Does Sony really have Miles? Does that mean that any new Spider-Man character that's created is Sony's?

jon bones

I don't see why they couldn't have both Peter and Miles as Spidey in the MCU

it's gonna happen, i can feel it in my jon bones.

i think we're seeing a big diversity push ramping up now that Ike is gone. start with Black Panther & Ms Marvel now and build to Kamala Khan & Miles Morales in Phases 4-5.

in 5 years, they'll be household names.

Edwins

Does Sony really have Miles? Does that mean that any new Spider-Man character that's created is Sony's?

We don't know the exact details (hell, it's possible THEY don't know the exact details), but apparently character's do slip through the cracks in the license. They're not major characters, though (with the exception of Peter Porker). If you ever track down the "frozen" characters detailed in the Sony hack it's pretty damn funny. Avi Arad and crew couldn't use the likes of Hypno-Hustler and Santa Claus Burglar. Santa Claus Burglar's film rights being in question is quite possibly the most amazing thing to ever come out of Marvel's film licensing.

Also, licensing is weird. Artisan used to have the Deadpool rights, not Fox. His film deal was separate until some time in the 2000's. They also had Longshot somehow. I don't even know how Longshot is important enough to be excluded from the X-Men package, but I sincerely hope Marvel has him. Longshot the movie would be the most amazing shit idea of all time, and Marvel's on such a run they might actually profit from the stupid thing.

Edwins

it's gonna happen, i can feel it in my jon bones.

i think we're seeing a big diversity push ramping up now that Ike is gone. start with Black Panther & Ms Marvel now and build to Kamala Khan & Miles Morales in Phases 4-5.

in 5 years, they'll be household names.

Disney's had this initiative going for years. Look at their 2000's animated lineup, for example. Brother Bear, The Emperor's New Groove, and The Princess and the Frog weren't about a bunch of white guys. Marvel's film branch is officially part of Disney (as opposed to still being with Marvel in their offices). Disney takes this stuff pretty seriously.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Well people do see minority children as being older than they really are

I mean would the character really be miles if they age him up?

I mean all we got is stories of him being a 13-14 kid with little personalty

Aging miles a whole year isn't really going to hurt a character that you said yourself has little personality. The important thing about Mile's age is that he's a minor. Attah can play a 14 year old, seeing as he's 15. Miles was 13 when he was bit, but even the book itself jumped ahead a year.

Miles is a fairly new character that hasn't yet established his legacy. Peter wasn't exactly the well rounded Peter we know on his first 2 or so years in comics. He was a likable dork that dealt with bullies and being an outcast, but the Amazing Spider-Man run by Lee and Ditko was bare bones in those early days. Eventually they did find their voice for Peter.

I'd give Miles another two years on his solo boom before we get something that could probably really define him as a character. Peter had 60 years to win our hearts. A talented actor like Attah could probably shape and define Miles in a way the comics may not be able to do. Maybe he brings his own personality and charm to the character, in the way Tom Holland seems to be doing with his interpretation of Peter.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, because Attah isn't playing Miles, but I like talking comics with comic fans. I really need to contribute to the Comics community more, but I'm so behind in books I feel overwhelmed when I pop in. What should I be checking out this month? My pull list is huge already, so why not add more? *cries*

Why does everyone want Miles to be shown in this first movie? Why not wait a few movies then introduce him. Also Miles gotta be black and Latino. Not just black. We can't take that away from him.

This thread about Abraham Attah joining a spider-man movie just became offensive

There are dark skinned Hispanic men and women FYI

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
He has to be Miles, no? Although they wouldn't even hint about him becoming Spider-Man in the first two movies.

I don't know, part of the thing in Ultimate was that Miles didn't personally know Peter and thus kinda idolized him. He was super curious about his life, etc. That's all out of the window if they're classmates (or know eachother).
It's also super-early for this, and there's no point in teasing him for three movies. Maybe they can introduce the (Ultimate) Prowler early though.

He could just be a character similar to Kong in Ultimate Spider-man. Though I doubt they'd bother having both Flash and Kong as they're fairly similar and you won't have time in a film to develop both properly.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Martin Starr
Robert Downey Jr.
Tom Holland
Marisa Tomei
Donald Glover
Michael Keaton
Zendaya
Logan Marshall-Green
Kenneth Choi
Tony Revolori
Hannibal Buress
Michael Barbieri
Laura Harrier
Abraham Attah

That's quite the cast.

Katori

Would love it if he were Miles, but him being Harry Osborn and Donald Glover being Norman would be amazing. He could also be Flash or Eddie Brock.

Either way, yeah, amazing cast so far.

jon bones

wait, Kenneth Choi is in this?

maybe the Howling Commando was this character's father lol

Would love it if he were Miles, but him being Harry Osborn and Donald Glover being Norman would be amazing. He could also be Flash or Eddie Brock.

Either way, yeah, amazing cast so far.

oh shit thats a great idea too!

whatever they decide to do with this cast is gonna be so good

he was amazing in Beasts of No Nation, if you haven't watched it yet you definitely should.

I don't understand why the word Revelation is in the thread title though, I was confused and thought that was his first name or something. Which would be an awesome first name

doop_

Banned
Fuck he is my age and I come from Ghana as well. A bit envious but it is amazing how far he has come at such a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom