• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 5.4 (God of War 2, D.I.C.E., Sonic Wii, Virtua Fighter 5)

MaddenNFL64

The VF5 section got me fuggin depressed :lol.

I felt bad for those guys. They really miss the arcades.

Greg liked the main levels of Sonic Wii, but the mission breakdowns like no rings, no deaths etc. were really hard, and took the game down a few notches. Shane was generally positive, but agreed it had issues. Both said the boss battles were great. Graphics were good, on par with RE4 for the GC. Mini-games are shite as we all thought.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG Barlog rocks in interview
omg just like jaffe lol jaffe did god of war 2 too didnt he lol lol amirite iamsorite omg

Inspiration: Nintendogs and Barbie Horse Adventures :lol :lol :lol

Hooker

Downloading the QuickTime High now, is 751.1 megs alright?!

Could only watch the WMV upto 14:35, the start of the Kaplan interview.

EDIT: In hindsight, my download started dragging around the same point where the file wouldn't extract anymore... any relation to that? On that note, the QuickTime High download went from 1.6m/s to 200kb/s at the 75% mark :(

gohepcat

Banned
I'm gonna order a pizza right now...so you got like 20 minutes to get this stuff in order, or I will...I donno yet but I'll think of something.

Y2Kev

Sonic looks pretty good...the main levels, anyway.

Music is omg bad.
Minigames look bad.

gohepcat said:
I'm gonna order a pizza right now...so you got like 20 minutes to get this stuff in order, or I will...I donno yet but I'll think of something.
Augh don't give me food ideas, I already eatern enough unhealthy food this week :(

Y2Kev

VF5 music is almost as bad as the Sonic music.

And the Perrin interview is the best part of the show. ****ERS!!

Y2Kev

Sega not doing online play is bullshit still.

Fine, so real competitive people won't use it. Everyone else will. I'm glad they talked about it, and it is sad that even though it is not online, it has NO online features.

Don't want to derail the thread though. :\

todayzee

Yo, gang!

Thanks for the heads up on the WMV version. I believe that the problem has been fixed and in three minutes it should be all set to download.

xxoo

Mrbob

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Sega not doing online play is bullshit still.

Fine, so real competitive people won't use it. Everyone else will. I'm glad they talked about it, and it is sad that even though it is not online, it has NO online features.

Don't want to derail the thread though. :\

X360 version will have online features methinks. I'm holding out for it.

I understand peoples stances against online play for VF5, but you don't have to play it online if you don't want too. I have zero friends left who like fighters, and I don't like to play CPU all the time. :/

Hooker

Audio doesn't sync to the video in my Quicktime... I don't know whether this is because my PC is too shitty to play it or not... (although I doubt it)

Ooh, WMV being re-uploaded :D

MaddenNFL64

Zoramon089 said:
They actually said that about the graphics?

Shane said it to illustrate his point about it looking as good, or better than the best on GC, but yeah. Greg said something about the bright colors making the game look better.

Lo-Volt

This sounds awesome, cannot wait until I get to work.

PS I hope this makes up for the shittiness of the brok3npix3ls episode from last week. Talk about jumping the shark.

theBishop

Banned
Stop ****ing ZIPPING the PSP release!!!

Now that the RSS video is incompatible with the PSP and iPod (seriously, FTW!?), there's no way to get the 1up show directly on the PSP because someone thought it would be smart to zip the file!

Cdammen

binaryburrito said:
the wmv is being reuploaded. thanks for you patience.
screencap_fixit.jpg

Fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it...

Thanks! :)

immy

Banned
Dante said:
Sounds like a great ep. Can't wait till lunch time when I can watch :D

That god of war stuff was great

off topic for a sec, Dante are you the same bloke off revo europe?

dkeane

Awesome episode. Good stuff. I liked the quick DICE interviews.
Wish the Virtua Fighter Tourney could've happened.

Y2Kev

Can we please get a PS3 version? I think the PS3 could play .mp4 or whatever as long as it isn't zipped. I would like to download directly to PS3.

theBishop

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Can we please get a PS3 version? I think the PS3 could play .mp4 or whatever as long as it isn't zipped. I would like to download directly to PS3.

if they'd stop zipping the PSP version, PS3 could play that.

todayzee

We currently have our best minds at work attempting to fix whatever the f**k is wrong with the .wmv version.

1166649580-zcswklqd.b.jpg

Thank you for your support. I will post an update as soon as possible.

xxoo

kenta

Has no PEINS
todayzee said:
We currently have our best minds at work attempting to fix whatever the f**k is wrong with the .wmv version.

1166649580-zcswklqd.b.jpg

Thank you for your support. I will post an update as soon as possible.

xxoo
Who are you?

Flakster99

I'm very excited about Sonic Wii after this preview, sore spots and all. I'm looking forward to all these new gameplay changes, experiences, it looks downright challenging, which is what I want, and exceptionally fun.

Excellent 1UP show this week. :)

Top Bottom